Savard Cost us the Game against Philly

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Re: Savard Cost us the Game against Philly

In Response to Re: Savard Cost us the Game against Philly:
    [QUOTE]I missed the last 15 seconds of OT bc my center ice F^&&^&king cut out... Anyway, savard is rushing his plays looks like he is still scared.  Hopefully his composure will come back.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Yeah I sat there pissed that the feed cut out, then I realized I could switch to the  Flyers feed...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Savy will get better and the Bruins have played better since his return. I think he trying to hard to get back on the score sheet and needs time to shake off the rust.
    The Bruins need to get more secondary scoring and get into the offensive zone faster, but things will get better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Ryder alone in the slot with a Santa pass from Savy.  That's just one example.

I agree with Cowboys9 and ipot.  This game was lost on execution.  Ryder has to score when he's in the slot, all alone like that.  The Power Play has to score when given 5 minutes of work.  You can't beat the best offensive team in the league by not executing on your chances.

That said, this team looked better than they have all season last night.  And, it came down to Philly putting the puck in the net when given the chance and the Bruins not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard Cost us the Game against Philly : They didn't lose the game because they didn't score on that powerplay.  The lost the game because Mike Richards was handed a gift by Savard, who tried to get fancy but failed to know where his teammates were before making an ego pass...to no one.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Bad pass. Ill advised pass. Terrible pass. I've heard all of those before but ego pass ? 

I don't think ego had anything to do with making a poor decision with the puck last night. That bad pass last night would be comparable to a hockey writer using the words 'ego pass'. Both bad decisions ! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]What cost us the game was not scoring on a 5 minute power play .. sorry but you have to bury one or two there and make Flyers pay.. this team lacks offensive speed going into the zone by their forwards and they don't force the opposing dmen to back up.. you saw tonite Flyers d men almost at the blue line to meet the forwards , because Bruins don't come in with a lot of speed and frankly easy to handle..just my opinion... so we traded away a guy in Sturmy that certainly could have been that player.. and we kept Paille and Ryder..oh well... I
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Exceptional post here. Not sure about the sturm point but I completely agree with the rest. Its either dump and chase or dangle at the blueline and fail 89% of the time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

God I also see someone fired up the bandwagon you guys are unbelievable. Savard is just coming back from a *SERIOUS* injury and your all throwing him under the bus again. For a game in december?

Those who realize it was the teams fault for not scoring on the 5 min major gj. That was the truely pathetic part of the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Savard had a nice pass to Horton, who clanged it off the post

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Yeah, Savard makes one bad pass so we should ship him out. Brilliant reasoning.
    He's just getting back from having his bell rung into teh next century but by these calculations he should already be his old self again. Good thing he wasn't on the ice last year in game 1 vs. the Flyers when he scored in OT to win it. Oh wait....he was. Just like he's been on the ice so many other times when he's created goals, made beautiful passes, or scored himself. I guess all those games when he ran the PP and then got hurt and the PP went into the dumps meant nothing.

No one's allowed to make mistakes, eh? OK. You're all right. Ship him out now and let him get well and return as one of the premier play-makers in the league with some team OTHER than the Bruins. That makes sense. Watch the Bruins PP disappear into a black hole of failure with him gone. That makes sense too.

Yes, the fact that the B's got a measly 5 shots on a 5-minute PP had nothing to do with this TERRIBLE loss (of which the team still gets a point since they only lost in OT); It had nothing to do w/the fact that Boucher played great; it had NOTHING to do with the fact that Seguin was out with the flu (cuz, y'know, who needs his speed and youthful endurance in OT 4 on 4)...no, according to many of you geniuses it's all #91's fault for 1 bad pass.

Get rid of Savard. What a bum. "Chemistry" is all ruined now that he's back. Once a great talent is dumped, I'm sure "chemistry" will magically return and a Savard-less Bruins team will be Stanley Cup bound.

Honestly, it makes me wonder whether he was the only one who suffered a mammoth concussion last year when I read junk like this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I don't agree with shipping him out, but I did make the joke last night that I thought his concussion had him "misremembering" himself as a better player then he is.. The turnover was costly but I have seem him make way to many high risk plays since coming back at stupid times.. He attempted a one touch, between the legs drop pass breaking out of the zone (in the second i believe) that connected with no one..

I love how ryder plays a good game but still can't escape criticism though.. shooting over 15% this year, him missing the net cost us the game..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard Cost us the Game against Philly : Bad pass. Ill advised pass. Terrible pass. I've heard all of those before but ego pass ?  I don't think ego had anything to do with making a poor decision with the puck last night. That bad pass last night would be comparable to a hockey writer using the words 'ego pass'. Both bad decisions ! 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    That's when your opinion became slightly  meaningful.Not to a Nas level but way more than some joker with 99 posts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Savy just doesnt have the timing back just yet and if anyone lost this game hand it to CJ, he hasnt got a clue how run a pp,the units he had out there were way off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Wally, the bruins had the same PP problem then always have when they face a unit that applies pressure.. The bruins are 12th in a 30 team leagues, so its working OK, but when they play teams that pressure on the PK the bruins don't respond well, they dont need to work on the pp so much as work on the pp when they are not being given time to make decisions..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]the wrong guy was shipped out today
    Posted by Taz2424[/QUOTE]

Give me break, when has Sturm ever come near 100 points in a year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I also dont get the reasing of who he puts out there 4 on 4, dam if you use the same 2 upfront you use on a pk in that situation i think you score. Krec and wheeler and bergie and marchand etc.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]I also dont get the reasing of who he puts out there 4 on 4, dam if you use the same 2 upfront you use on a pk in that situation i think you score. Krec and wheeler and bergie and marchand etc.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

PK and 4 on 4 are totally different.. I do not get why lucic was shelved though ( i mean i do his not a great skater and its open ice) but he is getting results..

Wheeler and marchand do not belong out there 4 on 4, when the idea is to win, as opposed to "not losing" .. But I think Savy was paird with Krejci at the end, I dont get that pairing at all, whose the finisher on that line?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard Cost us the Game against Philly : They didn't lose the game because they didn't score on that powerplay.  The lost the game because Mike Richards was handed a gift by Savard, who tried to get fancy but failed to know where his teammates were before making an ego pass...to no one.

No, they avoided loosing in the shoot-out with that brain-fart.  Statistically likely the same result would have occurred.  At least he was trying to do something to win the game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

How they are 11th for goals scored, top in the division for goals scored, and have a top ten goal scorer... Here's some other stuff I won't bother to rewrite. http://pucksage.com/?p=222

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard Cost us the Game against Philly : No, they avoided loosing in the shoot-out with that brain-fart.  Statistically likely the same result would have occurred.  At least he was trying to do something to win the game. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

So can we use that excuse everytime Ryder, Paille, Wheeler or anyone else makes a mistake or only Marc Savard?

It was a dumb play. He had Krejci & Boychuk directly in front of him in the corner & made a no look pass to the point "hoping" Seidenberg would be there. An absolute moronic play. Lets not forget his play on the philly first goal.

You are right that people make mistakes but to say "At least he was trying to do something to win the game. " is letting him off the hook to easily. He has to keep the puck deep in that situation or at least look to see if Seidenberg is in position to pick up the puck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmb246. Show dmb246's posts

Savard's pass was inexcusable but it wasn't the only reason they lost. I think savard is the kind of guy you need to get used to playing with and until he gets some wingers that are as creative as him and can anticipate his passes he's gonna struggle.I think Ryder is the wrong guy i think Seguin and  Recchi might be a good match.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Yes Savvy screwed up. The mistakes and screwups of a few other players is negating the hard work of most. Wheeler failed to handle any pass or feed all night; Recchi is not playing well; Ryder's not working hard and fails to contribute; Horton can be solid, but still sems to "pout" when his shot clangs off the post and stops skating [ old habits take some time to go away] is any one of the coaches letting him know?? The 4th line looks and plays well because they have been together all year= chemistry 101; Kreji's line needs more consistency; Savard's line needs Seguin plus time together and more commitment from Ryder; Bergeron needs replacemants on both wings. Time to trade Wheeler; best solution for Recchi is to be the 13th forward and alternate with Thornton; Bring back Caron for Bergie's right side. On defense Kamfer skates and controls the puck  as well as Seidenberg and better than most of the defense. If he keeps it up it will allow Chiarelli more options

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard Cost us the Game against Philly : Bad pass. Ill advised pass. Terrible pass. I've heard all of those before but ego pass ?  I don't think ego had anything to do with making a poor decision with the puck last night. That bad pass last night would be comparable to a hockey writer using the words 'ego pass'. Both bad decisions ! 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

An ego pass:  One that shouldn't be made, but is because the player believes he can make it.

As for you asking about my new sig line with your sig line, no your opinion is the same and valued.  There are just too darn many trolls and people who check in with stupidity.  A quality member of this group has over 100 posts (some poor quality members do also, but I have them on ignore) or will quickly.

Anything else you'd like to fight me on today?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Bad plays happen multiple times in a games, just look at the philly give away on the Horton goal. I don't see anyone complaining about that one.. Savard is a world class player coming back from being sidelined for a very significant amount of time. Yes he made a mistake on that play but it's not that big a mistake to justify all the threads about how bad he's playing. I know we have a big rivarly with MTL but do we need to compete with them on our own player's bashing?

Kudos to Savvy for taking full responsibility - he admitted it was his mistake. Seems like he's matured a lot with the injury. Remember the too many man penalty in game 7 last year? The penalty was his fault but he was blaming Sobotka.. Good to see him taking ownership of his mistake like that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard Cost us the Game against Philly : An ego pass:  One that shouldn't be made, but is because the player believes he can make it. As for you asking about my new sig line with your sig line, no your opinion is the same and valued.  There are just too darn many trolls and people who check in with stupidity.  A quality member of this group has over 100 posts (some poor quality members do also, but I have them on ignore) or will quickly. Anything else you'd like to fight me on today?

Now the rest of the hockey world knows that a bad decision making pass is now called an ego pass. Very cute ! As far as the fighting goes yes there is something . If any of the other 17 B's makes that play do you still use those cute words to describe it or does it only apply to Savard who we all know you have a hard, hate on for ( it's getting old ) ?

P.S.   Problem : Pretty sensitive with my posts lately don't you think ?

Solution : I won't stop saying what I want to say if I have a difference of opinion. So either IGNORE CHOWDAH or grow thicker skin. Or better yet I have a message from Islamorada . He says RELAX ! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

One more point to remember for all you Savard-bashers:

This is his training camp: Full-on NHL regular season play--and y'know--he's working out the kinks just as all the other players had the opportunity to do--only in games that were far easier to play and didn't count.

This guy is essentially going thru the training camp period he missed and doing it at the highest level possible, so mistakes are--or should--be tolerated. By the time Feb. and March roll around Savvy's going to have his timing, wind, and decision-making+playmaking skills back and he'll be helping the Bruins win far more important games than this one.

Let's see how many of you ready to roast him over the coals now are still doing so in a couple of months.