Savard - just curious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Re: Savard - just curious

So it's okay for Bergy to take two years to get back to form, but everyone is expecting Savard to be back to form in a month or two? Give the man some time to get his timing and confidence back. Like BB said, he'll probably be totally clicking by the time the playoffs roll around. Be patient.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

BITW - You are making my point.  Learn from the past.  I don't think anyone is expecting Savard to be back to form in a month or two.  Except maybe CJ?  If you think that it took Bergeron 2 years, why do you think that Savard will be totally clicking by the time the playoffs roll around?  The fact of the matter is that in today's salary cap world, you can not afford to have a player "rehab" on your team at $4 million dollars a year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

What about waivers?  If Savard shows he back while in Providence, why wouldn't a team grab him with only a cap hit of $2M, leaving the bruins stuck with the other $2M?

As for the timeline of his return, every person is different.  How quickly he may be back to normal is something the staff have to evaluate.  Savard has a lot more experience than Bergeron did when he was hurt, I think that should speed up the process some.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

DrCC - I would not be at all upset if he was grabbed off waivers, still $2 million dollars to acquire a NHL ready player, but my intentions would be to not recall him during the year.  I understand that every person recovers at different rates.  However, this is I believe at least eight concussions for Savy. (I think I rememeber seeing that # somewhere?)  I don't know how much experience helps when your motor functions are diminished by multiple concussions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

You're entitled to your opinion MeanE, but do you think this team is better without Savard?  Do you think that this business is willing to pay that kind of money in the minors, then add that amount to their payroll with another aquisition?
    I think the odds are less than zero.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

SteveGM- I do think that this Bruins team is better without this version of Savard.  If Mr. Jacobs is serious about winning the "trophy", then yes they would be willing to pay that kind of money in the minors.  Unfortunately, I think you are right when it comes to the odds of it happening, but not because they would have to eat the money, but because of the fact that Bruins management is not as bold as the Patriots.  If someone does not work any longer in their system, they move them out, one way or another.  The Bruins need to do the same.  Unfortunately for Marc, he is about the same age as others that have had to hang up the skates because of concussions, see Eric Lindros and Pat LaFontaine.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

As for the Bergeron-Savard injury comparison & timeline. Bergeron was around 23 & Savard is 34. Huge difference. Savard was on the decline before the injury. He doesn't have the time to improve that Bergeron had.

Plus, when Savard is not producing offensively he doesn't bring anything to the table. Right now he is a train wreck in his own end. Can you imagine a playoff game in Philly or Pittsburgh when the Bruins don't have last change & the Pens or Flyers throw out Crosby or Richards against Savard. They would tear this version of Savard alive in his own end.

The Bruins are in a tough position with this guy. They have elevated him with the top players even though his play hasn't warranted it & it seems like he has no chemistry with anyone. He is turning over the puck constantly which he has always been known for. It seems it is worse now. At this point with that contract I don't know what the Bs can do. I think this team maybe better with Wheeler centering the 3rd line right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Savard isn't going anywhere, so I don't know what the point of those posts are.  As far as his recent play, yeah, I think he is getting better.  Less really bad mistakes and much more jump and engagment.  Pittsburgh was really baning him and I think it might have actually helped.  He looked faster against Ottawa and there were a couple of his trademark instant passes on his stick and right off to a teamate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Could you please go back to my original post OatesCam to see WHAT I have posted. I just wanted to see how he played since I saw him make some bad plays 3 games ago. That's it. That's all. NEVER EVER did I metion to ban him. I just wanted a Bruin fan to update me, and many did, thanks boys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I think that I am seeing more regular progress from Savard this year then I did from Bergeron in his first year.  For a while with Bergeron I thougt he may never get back to the level he is currently at.  Because I think Savard has improved more early on I am hopeful the progression may bring him near 100% this season.  I have no predictions just hopeful.  I think he looked much better against the Sens. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Just to clarify Stuke, that's what I was doing.  The first sentence was in reference to people who responded by your post by saying savard should be traded or waived or whatever.  The rest of my post was in response to your question.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

1. Nobody, other than Marc knows how he feels. 2. Nobody knows when and if his play will ever return to its pre-injury level. What we do know is,  he's not playing very well right now. Somebody suggested Providence, and that may be the best move for him and the Bruins - he needs time to work out his issues. Hopefully that will happen - but right now he's a risk to the team and possibly to himself. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

savvy is definitely skating better, but his decision making is still suspect. he is ALWAYS looking for the most difficult pass on the ice, even when pinned in his own end(see clutterbuck). he needs to SIMPLIFY his game and stop trying to be an all-star while rcovering...because that's what he's doing ....recovering. got to let him work through this, this year, next year see where he stands. cannot send him to minors-does nothing for him or the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

By "nothing" you mean freeing up $4 million while he is "recovering", which would enable the Bruins to get a player that is not "recovering".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

pretty short leash meanE...for a player who was a perrenial all-star before this injury.it's not like this guy missed a week or two...he missed a season, and needs to regain his touch. he just seems like he's trying to score 5 goals and five assists every nite. needs to stop pressing and let his game come around. playing in the minors will do nothing for his confidence or his game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to Re: Savard - just curious:
    [QUOTE]SteveGM- I do think that this Bruins team is better without this version of Savard.  If Mr. Jacobs is serious about winning the "trophy", then yes they would be willing to pay that kind of money in the minors.  Unfortunately, I think you are right when it comes to the odds of it happening, but not because they would have to eat the money, but because of the fact that Bruins management is not as bold as the Patriots.  If someone does not work any longer in their system, they move them out, one way or another.  The Bruins need to do the same.  Unfortunately for Marc, he is about the same age as others that have had to hang up the skates because of concussions, see Eric Lindros and Pat LaFontaine.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Forget about the Jacobs' family being serious about winning the cup. IMHO, they are businessmen first and hockey falls in somewhere after that. If the B's are ever to win the cup again, it will be in spite of them not because of them. Also, Peter Chiarelli should be replaced- too many fat contracts and no trade clauses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

poor bruins...the last new eng team to not win a champ... so they are theteam all new eng negativity aimed towards.  i can't believe the jacobs/pc team did not step in and pull patrice in the second before the bruins really took control of the game.  the just let the bruins win!! a first place team with games in hand...boy management had better fix this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Midseason-Goats-Biggest-disappointments-for-all;_ylt=Aj5aRpXO07KZvp0nHg3MrwNivLYF?urn=nhl-306600

adk - Yes it is a short leash.  Playing in the NHL is doing nothing for his confidence or his game either.  The Bruins have 20 games left before the trade deadline.  If Marc has 4 goals 8 assists for 12 points and is -16 at that point, are you still willing to let him "recover" with a cap hit of $4 million?  When is the leash long enough to say, sorry Marc, in the best interest of this team, we are sending you to Providence to "recover".  Michael Ryder has double that amount of points that Marc is projecting at, and everyone wants to jettison his rear to the minors or out of town, yet because Marc is recovering from concussions, it's ok to have him as a passenger?  IMHO, Marc gets 10 more games, maximum, to show that he belongs in the NHL.  At the very least 6 points in those games.  If he can't do that, down to Providence and time to wheel & deal to get a producer for that money to help the team down the stretch. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

MeanE-  The only way the Bruins can free up 4 mil with Savard, is to find a taker.  Don't think there's a chance.  All other scenario's consist of adding salary.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm sure glad you were not the one pulling the strings when patrice got similiarly hurt! who's next to providence...krejci? he's not quite back either.  the point is this team is  not desparate.they are a very good team, getting better, have not even seen their best yet. first place with games in hand... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

by the way... its good to not have seen the best yet people...who wants their team to peak in january? it's a building process leading to april, its funny...some people think you should win every game. this team has the right make up for its system... go play, and we'll see how it shakes out.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

It wouldn't have hurt Patrice to go down either.  You are right, Krejci is not quite back either, but Krejci is 9 years younger then Marc, has had fewer concussions, and is currently riding on the 3rd line.  You are also right that the team is in a "good" position right now.  However, can they be considered a favorite to win the Cup, if Savard continues to play at this level?

stevegm - Why do you say that they can't free up his salary if he is sent down? He is not 35+ rule? By sending Savard down, they would have cap relief to make a trade that would bring on more salary then outgoing player(s), or simply move a prospect and or pick for a player, equal to the remaining cap hit of Savard's contract.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't consider Greg Wyshynski an authority on pro hockey but he does have a fun interactive web site for fans and that is all Puck Daddy is "a blogger". Wyshynski also is a diehard Devils fan whom comes on NHL home ice radio every week and undoubtedly always takes a shot at the Boston Bruins never fails.

Savard will be given every chance to come out of his funk by Chiarelli because Marc deserves that chance because he is a pro for trying to comeback as soon as he did against the Flyers last year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

MeanE... i think savvy should be on the 3rd line, let him earn his way back up...and if i know anything about hockey, there is NEVER a favorite to win the cup. ask san jose, wash,van.... the teams PLAYING the best in april and may are the ones still moving forward. and don't forget the "hot goalie " phenomenon, the most UNPREDICTABLE  aspect of all sports.