Savvy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Savvy

It's the Savvy watch till next game. Let 24hrs settle in and hope he gets no headaches.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think he will be ok Red but what really pisses me off is the refs are standing right there for the elbow to the head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

On a different Savvy note, he's played great last 2 games now atleast.  Having him back to his old self makes a HUGE difference to this team, as he's one of the only pure offensive threats on this team.  Last seasons powerplay with a healthy Savvy in 41 games was over 20%, in the 41 games without him it was... gulp... 9%.  Savards getting back into a rythym and is beginning to feel his offensive creativity once again, good news for B's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Savvy seemed to be the only one who could beat Staal in the faceoff, too bad others did not watch Stall around the net as both Seidenberg and McQuaid were standing and looking on Stall's goal. Savvy could start to make Horton erupt. Horton is really hustling, and just needs a goal to go in as a start. There is definitely more jump to his game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Playing better but NOT back to his old self... he is timid along the boards and losing way to many battles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He got up and didn't miss a shift.  Thanks for stopping the play in the offensive zone with the B's having possession.  Do you think he was faking to try to get the call or was he just afraid that he was really hurt (understandable).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Savard has a bad rap being a good actor on the ice. But that hit was pretty good to the head

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Savvy:
    [QUOTE]He got up and didn't miss a shift.  Thanks for stopping the play in the offensive zone with the B's having possession.  Do you think he was faking to try to get the call or was he just afraid that he was really hurt (understandable).
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

One step further, Thornton should only be on the ice 10 minutes a game.  McQuaid can fill his shoes even on defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]He got up and didn't miss a shift.  Thanks for stopping the play in the offensive zone with the B's having possession.  Do you think he was faking to try to get the call or was he just afraid that he was really hurt (understandable).

He was checking his neck afterwards. An early warning sign of concussion is a damaged neck. If he's not hurt, I think he was worried he was hurt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy : He was checking his neck afterwards. An early warning sign of concussion is a damaged neck. If he's not hurt, I think he was worried he was hurt.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I can certainly understand if the guy gets spooked when he gets hit.  He's returning from a horrific injury.  The problem is that you can't play afraid in the NHL.  You can't stop play in the offensive zone because you got checked and you are worried.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy : I can certainly understand if the guy gets spooked when he gets hit.  He's returning from a horrific injury.  The problem is that you can't play afraid in the NHL.  You can't stop play in the offensive zone because you got checked and you are worried.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] It took 2 years for patrice to get back to normal (relax).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy : It took 2 years for patrice to get back to normal (relax).
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

They can't wait until 2013 for him. 

They should put him on waivers in an attempt to send him to Providence.  If someone claims him, great.  If he makes it there, he can get better on the AHL team.  The NHL team can use picks to acquire someone at the deadline to push this team over the edge.  The cap space would be more than welcome at that point. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

I thought that although Savvy was low, the elbow was led.  Should have been 2 minutes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy : They can't wait until 2013 for him.  They should put him on waivers in an attempt to send him to Providence.  If someone claims him, great.  If he makes it there, he can get better on the AHL team.  The NHL team can use picks to acquire someone at the deadline to push this team over the edge.  The cap space would be more than welcome at that point. 

Wow.  An early contender for dumbest post of 2011.  I wish I had the time or patients to look for the countless post you made about how bad it would be for a GM to dump assets for no return (salary cap crunch).  And you are going to wave a top six forward?       

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy : Wow.  An early contender for dumbest post of 2011.  I wish I had the time or patients to look for the countless post you made about how bad it would be for a GM to dump assets for no return (salary cap crunch).  And you are going to wave a top six forward?       
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Waive, not wave. 

I know, Scooter.  I know.  Yes, I have stated 100 times or more that trading assets for nothing is a poor idea.

Right now, he's a far cry from a top six forward  He's barely better than Daniel Paille.  He's not better than Brad Marchand.  He's not better than Greg Campbell.  If Savard is afraid to play,and/or if he is going to take two years to come back from this (he'll be 35 or 36 by then), he isn't an asset.  He is a liability.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy : Waive, not wave.  I know, Scooter.  I know.  Yes, I have stated 100 times or more that trading assets for nothing is a poor idea. Right now, he's a far cry from a top six forward  He's barely better than Daniel Paille.  He's not better than Brad Marchand.  He's not better than Greg Campbell.  If Savard is afraid to play,and/or if he is going to take two years to come back from this (he'll be 35 or 36 by then), he isn't an asset.  He is a liability.

[Scooter "Waves" a finger at NAS]
    Barely better than Paille??  Come on.  Campbell?  Not even close.  Marchand, ok, playing great right now.  Right now.  An asset is not just it's current worth, it is it's future growth potential.  At least that's what my as my stock broker keeps telling me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Savard has always been a little overdramatic at times.I don't expect that to ever change.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy :  [Scooter "Waves" a finger at NAS] Barely better than Paille??  Come on.  Campbell?  Not even close.  Marchand, ok, playing great right now.  Right now.  An asset is not just it's current worth, it is it's future growth potential.  At least that's what my as my stock broker keeps telling me.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

(lol @ the finger)

Is there a future growth potential for a guy in his mid-30's in the NHL?  It seems to me like the only direction is down.  It's my belief that the idea of the contract was to get the most out of him for the first three or four years and then deal with the last three when they came about.  Now, the first three years of this deal are possibly going to be junk, leaving only one possible good year before the imminent decline of skills and ability.

That's a liability in my book, and if they can erase it by waiving him and having someone else take the chance, I would be thrilled.

Let's talk about the worst case for the Bruins:  He gets picked up by another team and returns to form.  Let's give him 80 points for each of the next three years.  One of either Bergeron, Krejci or Seguin will have to fill that ice time.  Next season it's 60, then 70, then 75.  At the end of that third year, the B's are a goal and four assists off the pace they would have been on...but were able to spend that extra cap room money on a high class winger. 

I know this is all in my own little fantasy land, but this is the reasoning behind my thought process.

If someone were to claim Savard, the team would have Krejci, Seguin and Bergeron as the centers.  With the free money from Savard and by not re-signing Ryder, they could spend that $8M on a serious business winger like Brad Richards. (I'm sure someone will respond to this with "I don't want Brad Richards on the Bruins.  It's an example of a pending UFA.  Not a call for the B's to get Brad Richards.)

Lucic-Krejci-Richards
    Wheeler-Seguin-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Caron?

I can get behind that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

It wasn't a deliberate hit to the head... he just hit his head on the dasher because he was bent over. Good non-call. He stayed down because he got his bell rung on a physical play. He's probably fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Nas, Richards is a center

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

(potential dumbest post of 2011 to follow)...

Savard should be concerned about each and every hit to the head he experiences but... IF that is altering his game whereby he is unable to work his magic in feeding pucks to the scorers..then his value to this team in his present state is very low. I expect that given time, his game will pick up but we may not have that luxury...  That said.. I hope that PC is working the phones daily and can find some help. 

Now.. please vote early and often for this as the 'dumbest post of 2011; I thank you in advance for your support.,... The phone line are now open... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Nas, Richards is a center
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

I am well aware of that.  He's played plenty of winger also.  Just because a guy is listed at one position, it doesn't mean he's no good elsewhere.  Just ask Geno Malkin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE](potential dumbest post of 2011 to follow)... Savard should be concerned about each and every hit to the head he experiences but... IF that is altering his game whereby he is unable to work his magic in feeding pucks to the scorers..then his value to this team in his present state is very low. I expect that given time, his game will pick up but we may not have that luxury...  That said.. I hope that PC is working the phones daily and can find some help.  Now.. please vote early and often for this as the 'dumbest post of 2011; I thank you in advance for your support.,... The phone line are now open... 
    Posted by SupportLocal81[/QUOTE]

I agree.  If this wins "dumbest post", I'll go to the podium with you to collect it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]Playing better but NOT back to his old self... he is timid along the boards and losing way to many battles.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

I realize some people love this guy & are trying to see the positive which is fine. I agree he is looking a bit better in the offensive zone & he has always been a good passer when he hits the target.

But this guy is still hurting this team. Still making terrible givaways & low % plays. Timid play along the boards & still crying to the refs way to much for my liking. Acting all tough but unwilling to back it up.

Yesterday he made a lazy change on the 1st goal when he got caught & then went to the bench rather then bust his butt back. Poor Campbell got stuck with the minus.

The 3rd goal was a result of another bad turnover by Savard in the defensive zone which lead to the faceoff & ultimately the Staal goal.

The guy has looked better in the offensive zone but that is not saying much from where he was a couple of weeks ago. This guy is trouble in his end & just don't seem like a good fit for this team. Unfortunately, with his play & contract he will be hard to move.

Some have to look pass the rare "hilite reel" pass & take a look at his defensive game & the amount of turnovers he is making.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Terrible non defensive play on Savard's part after the faceoff led to the 3rd goal. Not that he can be the full blame for it, its just the effort is non existant. 

NAS has a point that waiting 2 years for Savard to possibly come around is not a smart option. I'd rather try to trade him though for a one year rental (hence Kovalev) than waive him

He was just signed to a long term deal last year. Its too early to waive him

Personally my opinion is that Savard was rushed to comeback and play. Even having those extra months to workout more and play in the 2nd half of the year would have been a better idea.