Savvy's intangibles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Savvy's intangibles

With last night's game, I wonder if Savvy at practice has helped. I was reading that he was back to his old self, not just playing well, but also cracking wise at his teammates (he has a reputation for being a joker/smartass) on the ice, having fun, cutting the tension and lightening the mood.

For the first time in a while the team seemed focused but relaxed, like they were having fun, and they got a win because of it.

Is it because of Marc?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: Savvy's intangibles

Savy will slowly be broken in the fourth line and PP until he is game shape. Marc will work his way up the ladder when ready, the last thing i want to see throwing him into the lions and get eaten "injured with another pop to head"; keep Savy protected on the 4th line for about 3 gms and go from there.

looch krejci horton (it is a must to get this geling again)
    wheels bergy rex
    march seguin ryder
    camp/caron savy thorn

Eventually me personally would like to see caron savy seguin line up together for second line future assessments.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah, sure, but I'm not thinking about his play - I'm thinking about his leadership. He's been a presence in the days leading up to last night's game, and he himself has talked about how he's getting involved leadership wise.

Is that a major factor for the Bruins as well, beyond just what he can contribute on the ice? I point to this quote

“I am having fun,’’ he told the newspaper. “I am trying to get some smiles out of guys. It’s been quiet around here lately.’’

Is this part of why the B's seemed to be less uptight and having more fun last night? How important is his weird brand of leadership to the team chemistry?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Savvy's intangibles are his mastery with the puck, and passing to Sean Thornton on right wing will not produce the desired results. Savvy will have Seguin plus Wheels or Ryder whan he plays, Maybe tonite

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Yeah, start him off on the 4th line........with Seguin and Ryder

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I could believe it Red, everyone relaxes a bit and starts ahving some more fun and good things could follow, obviously theres no proof but it seems like its possible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They played well because everyone is comfortable now that Sturm was traded (now recinded).

They played well because Savard was there joking with them.

OR....

They played well because they're a skilled hockey team that decided to show up.  They do that once in a while.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

In Response to Re: Savvy's intangibles:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, start him off on the 4th line........with Seguin and Ryder
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Wow, good call man!!!  Seguin/Savard/Ryder ...That line was f*$kin' great last night....next game maybe they will be the 3rd line!!  I hope CJ keeps them together. Go Bruins!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Savard is definitely a leader, and another guy that gets excited when he scores and/or feeds a teammate for a goal. In the warm ups last night, they showed him playfully jumping on Lucic........I think that's typical of him.....when he's feeling good.

He played as expected last night.....and made some patented Savardian passes/dishes to some teammates......one of them to Horton that almost resulted in a goal.

We need this guy if the Bruins are going to get anywhere in the post season.......he's especially key on the powerplay. Hope he stays healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy's intangibles : Wow, good call man!!!  Seguin/Savard/Ryder ...That line was f*$kin' great last night....next game maybe they will be the 3rd line!!  I hope CJ keeps them together. Go Bruins!!
    Posted by scottm50[/QUOTE]

They were great?  How many points did they record?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy's intangibles : They were great?  How many points did they record?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ryder had three points, but the line didn't.  Savard and Seguin were on the bench for his powerplay assist.  Neither Savard or Seguin were a factor directly or indirectly in the Seidenberg goal. 

I give Savard and Seguin some credit (although officially no assists) on the Ryder goal due to them being on the ice and in the zone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder had three points, but the line didn't.  Savard and Seguin were on the bench for his powerplay assist.  Neither Savard or Seguin were a factor directly or indirectly in the Seidenberg goal.  I give Savard and Seguin some credit (although officially no assists) on the Ryder goal due to them being on the ice and in the zone.
    If someone  on the line had 3 points then the line had 3 points(regardless of whether it fits your debate everything attitude).Unless savard and Seguin were on the bench  then they were factors on Seidenbergs goal.Why do you think they've seemingly revamped the too-many-men penalty?It used to be the extra guy on the ice had to play the puck but now it's recognized that simply being on the ice affects the outcome of plays regardless of whether you play the puck or not.Where savard and Seguin were skating/standing affects where the opposing Dmen are located which affects everything else and so on and so on.......maybe it's easier/more fun for you to trash the obvious chemistry the line showed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy's intangibles : If someone  on the line had 3 points then the line had 3 points(regardless of whether it fits your debate everything attitude).Unless savard and Seguin were on the bench  then they were factors on Seidenbergs goal.Why do you think they've seemingly revamped the too-many-men penalty?It used to be the extra guy on the ice had to play the puck but now it's recognized that simply being on the ice affects the outcome of plays regardless of whether you play the puck or not.Where savard and Seguin were skating/standing affects where the opposing Dmen are located which affects everything else and so on and so on.......maybe it's easier/more fun for you to trash the obvious chemistry the line showed.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I gave them credit for part of one goal.  No, it's not easier to trash the line.  Of course, I didn't trash them, so I don't see where that comes from.

I'm just not looking to heap praise on two of three players who got blanked when their team scored eight goals. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I guess my point is that every Cup team I can think of has, after the fact, talked about how there was always someone in the locker room making sure they were having fun and smiling. With the Hawks it was Byfuglien, Pitts it was Malkin, Detroit had Zetterburg, heck back in the day Orr pushed Espo down the street in a hospital gurney. Until Savvy got back, the current  Bruins never had that, at least from what I've read/heard.

All of us here on this board are "professionals" in our particular fields, whatever they may be. In my experience I work a lot better when I have a smile on my face and am enjoying my job, regardless of the fact that I'm paid the same amount when I enjoy my job as I am when I don't.

I think Savard helps with that attitude for this team a lot. I may be wrong, but I think that may be why we've seen a change over the last two games as Savvy has brought that back to the team ( in practice before he rejoined the roster).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Red you could be right. Maybe the return of the "jester" has helped the team relax a bit. Maybe Savvy has brought some humour into a stale room. It's possible & I think it could be Savvy's sense of humour as well as his skill that may help bring the team around. Good Call by you!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy's intangibles : They were great?  How many points did they record?

They were great because they controlled the play most of the time, they were in the offensive zone, they were skating well and they had loads of scoring chances!!  This line "Clicked" last night and I hope I get to witness lots more "Clicking"...Go Bruins!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I would add that Savvy has the "Randy Moss" factor (well, at least when Moss could produce!) going for him.  Teams need to keep two sets of eyes on him which enables his linemates to find more open ice.  He commands that type of respect from the opponent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This line played as well as one might expect for FIRST game together, and Savvy's FIRST game of the year.All three can score as we have seen in other games, so let's observe as the chemistry emerges. Speed and experience will conribute. NAS is just getting crotchety as he ages, but, he will be there. Does he still favor Thornton??