SCF forwards preview: Boston vs. Chicago

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

SCF forwards preview: Boston vs. Chicago

Saad-Shaw-Stalberg are the Hawks 3rd line...weak, weak sauce (Quenville mix matches the 3rd n 4th allot). I think this were the Bruins can get after Chicago. I really like this matchup for Kelly or Peverley can man handle Kruger in this series offensively or defesively. Stalberg and Shaw have been virtually useless in the playoffs. I really think this is were Seguin and Peverley get it going.

Handzus has been promoted to the 2nd line as there center, he is week defensively. Julien can easily throw Bergeron or Krejci to dominate Micheal in Boston with last change.

Bickell-Toews-Kane En Fuego! They must be stopped (obviously!) by the Bruins. This matchup for Boston will be the most difficult and most fun to watch. Scary at times but the Bs wheathered the storm against the Penguins, they can do it again.

It's Bergeron time again!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: SCF forwards preview: Boston vs. Chicago

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Saad-Shaw-Stalberg are the Hawks 3rd line...weak, weak sauce (Quenville mix matches the 3rd n 4th allot). I think this were the Bruins can get after Chicago. I really like this matchup for Kelly or Peverley can man handle Kruger in this series offensively or defesively. Stalberg and Shaw have been virtually useless in the playoffs. I really think this is were Seguin and Peverley get it going.

Handzus has been promoted to the 2nd line as there center, he is week defensively. Julien can easily throw Bergeron or Krejci to dominate Micheal in Boston with last change.

Bickell-Toews-Kane En Fuego! They must be stopped (obviously!) by the Bruins. This matchup for Boston will be the most difficult and most fun to watch. Scary at times but the Bs wheathered the storm against the Penguins, they can do it again.

It's Bergeron time again!

Saad started on the top squad, did squat and then went to the 3rd line.  Shaw plays pp and has played well.   All three bring speed and some degree of skill.  I wont be surprised if chicago brings carcillo- mayers into this series.  Chicago relies heavily on the top 6.  

I agree we should have an advantage here.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Yeah, they'll use their speed to try and make our D turn and outrun the backcheck... it's an area we'll need to be sharp. Agree third and fourth line matchups will be critical. If we get just a little more out of Seguin, Kelly and/or Pevs it will all be over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I see it being pretty even. If Seguin can breakout against the D he'll be matched up the Bruins will have an advantage.  Their "if" is Hossa , on the 2nd line will be tought to shut down (maybe Chara and Seidenberg need to be split up).

As for Shaw I don't find he's been useless at all, he's a no1 pest and hits at every chance he gets. He'll remind you a lot of Cooke and a little dirty (see kick to no8 on the Wings). He'll be putting a lot of Bruins on their behind and it won't be long till we start hating him. 

Bolland is another agitator , get ready to dislike this guy also.  He's very strong on faceoffs and matches up well against the other no1 center. Krejci has a fight on his hands, get ready for the facewashes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

As for Shaw I don't find he's been useless at all.

You are right that should have been "offensively inconsistent".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

The only advantage that really standsout see is in nets, Bruins are ahead in that category.  Crawford reminded me a little of Reimer , lots of rebounds.

For the rest it's pretty even. If Seguin can breakout against the D he'll be matched up the Bruins will have an advantage.

As for Shaw I don't find he's been useless at all, he's a no1 pest and hits at every chance he gets. He'll remind you a lot of Cooke and a little dirty (see kick to no8 on the Wings). He'll be putting a lot of Bruins on their behind and it won't be long till we start hating him. 

Greene hit him with a wicked cross check to head last night.  Bolland was also getting it from penner after his run at richards.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

sorry SanDog I didn't see it was only the forwards we're talking about. I've edited my post

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Agree third and fourth line matchups will be critical. If we get just a little more out of Seguin, Kelly and/or Pevs it will all be over.

They have to produce this series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Agree third and fourth line matchups will be critical. If we get just a little more out of Seguin, Kelly and/or Pevs it will all be over.

They have to produce this series.

It's their last chance! I think they have pride enough to do what it takes to finaly produce and feel that they are a contribution to the long playoff run...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I really like Hossa's game, but I dont' think he's good enough so that they have to split up seidenberg and chara. boychuk and ference can do fine against him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Greene hit him with a wicked cross check to head last night.  Bolland was also getting it from penner after his run at richards.  

[/QUOTE]

Here's a guy I loved against the Canucks but will hate against the Bruins.