SCF Game 1 preview: Bruins at Blackhawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

SCF Game 1 preview: Bruins at Blackhawks

CHICAGO – Good morning from the United Center, where the Bruins and Blackhawks will kick off the Stanley Cup Final tonight. The Bruins are not expected to make any lineup changes from Game 4 against Pittsburgh. The Blackhawks introduced new lines in practice Tuesday.

Puck drop: 8 p.m. ET TV/radio info: NBC (Mike Emrick, Ed Olczyk, Pierre McGuire), 98.5 The Sports Hub (Dave Goucher, Bob Beers)  Records: Bruins 0-0, Blackhawks 0-0

Projected Blackhawks lineup:

Patrick Sharp-Jonathan Toews-Marian Hossa
    Bryan Bickell-Michal Handzus-Patrick Kane
    Andrew Shaw-Dave Bolland-Brandon Saad
    Brandon Bollig-Marcus Kruger-Michael Frolik

Duncan Keith-Brent Seabrook
    Niklas Hjalmarsson-Johnny Oduya
    Nick Leddy-Michal Rozsival

Corey Crawford
    Ray Emery

Healthy scratches: Daniel Carcillo, Jamal Mayers, Viktor Stalberg, Ben Smith, Ryan Stanton

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Jaromir Jagr
    Kaspars Daugavins-Rich Peverley-Tyler Seguin
    Daniel Paille-Chris Kelly-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg
    Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk
    Torey Krug-Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, Wade Redden, Aaron Johnson, Carl Soderberg, Jay Pandolfo, Jordan Caron

Storylines: It remains to be seen how the Bruins will deploy Zdeno Chara and Dennis Seidenberg. If Tuesday’s lines stick, it’s possible that Chara and Seidenberg will play against Chicago’s top line of Patrick Sharp, Jonathan Toews, and Marian Hossa. The Toews line would also draw the Bruins’ first three-some of Milan Lucic, David Krejci, and Nathan Horton. It would be up to Andrew Ference and Johnny Boychuk to play against Patrick Kane’s line. Patrice Bergeron’s trio would also play against Kane… Both teams are clicking on the penalty kill. Chicago has killed 94.8 percent of opposing power plays. The Bruins were 15 for 15 against Pittsburgh in the Eastern Conference Final… Chris Rooney and Brad Watson will be the referees. Shane Heyer and Brian Murphy will be the linesmen."

Bergeron will exploit the fraud Handzus who wouldn't be the a 4th line center on the Bruins! This can negate Kane who will have Marchand in his face all series. Ference needs to have the series he had against the Penguins.

No more excuses for Peverley and Seguin!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: SCF Game 1 preview: Bruins at Blackhawks

Let's get the game going.............I'm so excited I'm jonesing over here.... I managed to find acouple of real Hawk fans and have a friendly wager with them....They both called the Hawks in 5 !!!    Fu*k them !    No respect !!!  Go Bruins !!!!!   Enjoy the game fellow Bruin fans !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

Hawks fans are just about as over confident as Penguins fans were.  The game will be won on the ice and no one can predict who will play better, make fewer mistakes or get the lucky bounces.  With that said, I'd tell Seguin unless he finishes the series with 1pt/game he isn't getting a ring if they win.  Nothing like going along for the ride.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@GlobeFluto

"Quenneville confirms Brandon Bollig in. Viktor Stalberg out."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to kegarret's comment:

Hawks fans are just about as over confident as Penguins fans were.  The game will be won on the ice and no one can predict who will play better, make fewer mistakes or get the lucky bounces.  With that said, I'd tell Seguin unless he finishes the series with 1pt/game he isn't getting a ring if they win.  Nothing like going along for the ride.

He is only a minus 1 even though he only has 4 points and I think 3 of those were on the power play (they don't affect plus minus).  I agree that he needs to contribute some key points in this series but to say he is going along for the ride is inaccurate.  His line has held their own against the other teams' 3rd lines and have kept them from scoring.  He also has played for the most part for 2 guys who couldn't put a puck in the ocean.  They too however have done good things - defensively and Peverly is lights out on faceoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Here's someone who over values post game box scores. The rink is 200 feet long. Lots happens away from the opponents net. Seguin has made contributions regardless of what the stats say. He's already got as many hits in the playoffs as he had in the regular season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I am excited!

This is going to be good hockey, 2 good teams.

I expect a good honest hard game.

What fun!

What fans have it better than us?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

@GlobeFluto

"Quenneville confirms Brandon Bollig in. Viktor Stalberg out."

Wow. Stalberg has plenty of speed, I figured he would give the B's defense some troubles. Shocked to hear he is out. Is it definetley a healthy scratch or is he bang ed up? Now I'm shocked you can't use the word bang ed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Here's someone who over values post game box scores. The rink is 200 feet long. Lots happens away from the opponents net. Seguin has made contributions regardless of what the stats say. He's already got as many hits in the playoffs as he had in the regular season. 

It's the playoffs, throw the stats out the window.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wow thats horrible. I'll give you a pass though since you probably just started watching hockey last week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Non issue Dez.  Chicago fans after this series will be left talking about how good of a player Seguin is after he busts out this series. I truly beleive it's going to happen. Jagr, will get at least 2 big goals this series also. Both arent putting up the production one would hope for but it certainly hasnt effected the other parts of their game. In fact, I'm pretty impressed with Seguins overall game this playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seguin has been on the ice for over 25% of the team's total ice time.  The B's have won 9 of their last 10 games. 

What's the problem?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

We can line up all the stats and players and match lines all night long but the B's have one thing no other team in the NHL has and he wears #33. Once they get a full series of playing Big Z every other night the Hawks will find out how the Penguins felt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

We can line up all the stats and players and match lines all night long but the B's have one thing no other team in the NHL has and he wears #33. Once they get a full series of playing Big Z every other night the Hawks will find out how the Penguins felt.

Agreed.

The Bruins have so many guys deserving of consideration for the Conn Smythe and I don't care who wins it as long as the Bruins win the Cup but it is hard to not look at the Bruins and realize that Z is the difference maker.  Tuukka would be deserving too but his job would be much harder without the big man.  You also have Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand, Horton and Lucic who have all been great.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Drop the puck.

Drop the puck!

Drop the f--k--g puck!!!

Let's go!!!!

Let's gooo!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Can the whole team share the Conn Smythe? I personally hope that Krejci takes it. He has produced in every series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Drop the puck.

Drop the puck!

Drop the f--k--g puck!!!

Let's go!!!!

Let's gooo!!!!!!

2 hours and 50 minutes !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh my God.

Let's go!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm busy at work, leaving at 7:30 and it still seems this clock is moving as slow as it did in Ms..Donovans tenth grade English class/snoozefest.

Only difference is I don't have Jill Janovsky's sweet arss in front of me to eyescrew the whole time.

Friday was always string thong day. Always.

Drop this freaking puck!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Brandon Bollig?  Wow.  At least Carbomb and Mayers can play a little.  i guess they feel boston will  smack arounf toews kane et al.   And they would be right.   But marchand lucic and chara wont be fighting this bum.   Im glad our lineup has dictated a change in their lineup.  

I cant stand Bolland.  Like hate him.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

Just over one hour!!!!!!  4 more W's is what I am hoping for.  Good luck to all you guys and gals here may the ride get even better!!!!! Totally stoked 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Controlled chaos in my brain!  Detriot was a great team who lost a 3-1 lead, but I have to believe in Chara as the great leveling factor.  If Rask maintains, then I think the Bs will prevail.   Seguin is the key imo.  Time for some goals!  The only reason I am posting is I am anxious! 

Don't judge me monkey!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Ok wow the suspence is killing me. Lets go Bruins

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Controlled chaos in my brain!  Detriot was a great team who lost a 3-1 lead, but I have to believe in Chara as the great leveling factor.  If Rask maintains, then I think the Bs will prevail.   Seguin is the key imo.  Time for some goals!  The only reason I am posting is I am anxious! 

Don't judge me monkey!

Pretty awesome.  Here we all are in different parts of north america, different ages and we have butterflies waiting for our bruins to hit the ice.  Its been a great ride.  

Here we go bruins here we go. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Keep the run away  freight train going, GO Bruins!!