scoring help

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mangler. Show Mangler's posts

scoring help

I'm concerned about the Bruins scoring in the second half and going into the playoffs. They win alot of close games. We all know about Seguin's problems and Horton's inconsistent play but both could score when they were on, the Bruins lost alot of offense when those two left. Ericksson hasn't worked out, injuries aside, I don't think he has been a good fit. So here's a fantasy trade. Kelly, Ericksson and Bartkowski to Edmonton for Eberle and Boyd Gordon. Edmonton desperately needs defensive minded players and more veteran leadership, we need offense. Gordon can be a good dept player and is a center who can take faceoffs, slide Eberle in with Bergeron/Marchand and put Smith with Spooner and Soderberg. The loss of Bartkowski would mean the Bruins would need to pick up a defensemen at some point. 

Too much to give up or not enough?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: scoring help

Despite everything that has happened, the Bruins are 6th in the League for goals-for-per-game, 2nd in goals against, 5th in 5-on-5 ratio, 6th in powerplay % (seriously!), and 6th on the PK (with a fifth of their PP goals against coming a few nights ago).

That's a lot of things going right.  I don't think you mess with it with a big trade unless you are filling a clear gap (Seidenberg) or you are certain the key player coming back will flourish.  How likely is it Eberle would do better than Eriksson has?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You'll have to include Caron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This is the way the team is built, high scoring isn't in the game plan.

A 3-2 win counts in the standings equally with a 7-0 win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Also, a quick check of the stats shows the B's tied for 8th overall in scoring.

So they'll be fine.

And don't forget that Shawn No-So-Sweet Thornton will be back shortly.  He had 10 goals in a seaosn once, dont-cha-know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We're talking Eberle here.  This is a Subban trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think this is the best scoring Bruins team we've seen yet, at least since '09.  Smith has been as good as Seguin ever was as a Bruin, and Iginla is better than Horton.  Throw in Errikson - who was just fine outside of injury - over Peverley and the Bruins have more scoring skill than they have had in years.  Soderberg has also been very solid as a third liner, and Spooner as well.  The only reason the Bruins aren't a top-5 scoring team right now has been the slow start of Bergeron and Marchand, but they've picked it up nicely.  The D also is much more offensively skilled than ever before.

No, the only concern is actually on defence with Seidenberg hurt.  They may need a solid defensive defenseman to replace him in key match ups.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nooooooooooooo!  Not Subban!  He's so valuable!  He did really well against the other kids AND he was a first round pick!  Plus, when Rask retires, the B's need a good goaltender.

I wouldn't trade Subban for Keith Yandle or Tim Brent, one for one!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

There's the roster on January 2nd, then there's the roster come April 14th. Do you really think this team below can't put the puck in the net?

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith

Eriksson-Spooner-Soderberg

Paille-Kelly-Campbell

Chara-McQuaid

Hamilton-Boychuck

Krug-Bartkowski

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

That was a lame excuse to engage in my favorite pastime: new line combos!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nooooooooooooo!  Not Subban!  He's so valuable!  He did really well against the other kids AND he was a first round pick!  Plus, when Rask retires, the B's need a good goaltender.

[/QUOTE]

If only we had signed Hamill when he was let go last month.  He could have been used to sweeten the deal for a PMD.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Mangler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm concerned about the Bruins scoring in the second half and going into the playoffs. They win alot of close games. We all know about Seguin's problems and Horton's inconsistent play but both could score when they were on, the Bruins lost alot of offense when those two left. Ericksson hasn't worked out, injuries aside, I don't think he has been a good fit. So here's a fantasy trade. Kelly, Ericksson and Bartkowski to Edmonton for Eberle and Boyd Gordon. Edmonton desperately needs defensive minded players and more veteran leadership, we need offense. Gordon can be a good dept player and is a center who can take faceoffs, slide Eberle in with Bergeron/Marchand and put Smith with Spooner and Soderberg. The loss of Bartkowski would mean the Bruins would need to pick up a defensemen at some point. 

[/QUOTE]

Able to glean that after 24 games and 2 concussions?

After recovering from the Scott hit, Eriksson had a solid November; 14gp 3-8-11 +5

Unfortunately, Orpik ended his December early. 

The B's have experience with this, they will proceed with caution.  He is working back slowly, and when he returns, think he will be fine.  Guy is a very good player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Mangler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If someone comes knockinhg and makes the B's an offer they can't refuse that lands them a sniper, then fine. But I don;t think this is a priority for them.

You left Iginla out of your post and Reilly Smith. MarchAND is coming around too. As a poster noted, they are 8th in scoring and on top of that they are getting goals from all 4 lines. They went to the finals last year with an invisible 3rd line. No need to go hunting for goal scorer.

As oatescam said, they are more likely to be on the lookout for a d-man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lucic, Iginla, Krecji, Bergeron, Marchand, Smith...scoring is not an issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

When you think about how much the D has contributed to the offense, then you can see that theres no really concern upfront yet, but i mentioned this before, i would love to see the Bs try and get  Hudler from the flames, I know hes a center but man  this guy is a good one. Not gonna happen because of the depth at center unless you can get kelly in a deal along with, well, alot lol

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Kelly, Ericksson and Bartkowski to Edmonton for Eberle and Boyd Gordon"

It doesn't look bad to me but I do think PC waits to see how LouI does when he makes it back to the lineup. The Bruins do have some good young defenseman and two goalies that MacTavish could take a run at.

Chiarelli will have to make decesions on Bartkowski and Caron soon when everyone is back. Too many contracts up in Boston.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You and Subban.  The kid hasn't proven or disproven himself yet.  I've scouted him and he looks pretty good, still appears to have potential.  Not like Cross, a second round pick who's proven himself only adequate in the AHL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

[QUOTE]

Also, a quick check of the stats shows the B's tied for 8th overall in scoring.

So they'll be fine.

And don't forget that Shawn No-So-Sweet Thornton will be back shortly.  He had 10 goals in a seaosn once, dont-cha-know.

[/QUOTE]

That's right Thornton is a 10 goal scorer!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If only we had signed Hamill when he was let go last month.  He could have been used to sweeten the deal for a PMD.

[/QUOTE]

No kidding!! For all you naysayers, Zack is 3rd in scoring for the Pinsk Pirates of the Chernobyl "Elite League" right now! Maybe the B's could still get him back if they offer up Caron & a 6th rounder! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Everyone seems to forget that PC went out and targeted Eriksson. He's much, much better than people are giving him credit for. Give it time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everyone seems to forget that PC went out and targeted Eriksson. He's much, much better than people are giving him credit for. Give it time.

[/QUOTE]

Some fans here are very impatient, wanted Loui to have 20 gls by now, keep comparing him to Taylored Sequins which they shouldn't do (hi Marco).Two concussions haven't helped but i still think Loui is the real deal, he may never be a 30 goal guy again but i think he still will be a real good player for the B's. He might be better suited for the 3rd line when he gets back but that is ok. He has to get some time under his belt injury free. If i have one concern about him when he gets back is if he will be gunshy about contact,we'll see. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It shows how much of a bubble a lot of Boston fans live in. 

Eriksson is such an offensive force that Dallas traded James Neal for defensive help*.

(It was a Nieuwendyk deal, so that means it was a bad one and Goligoski isn't really defensive at all...but those aren't the points.)

25. This post has been removed.