Scott vs. Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

Scott vs. Thorton

Anyone know the extent and nature of Thorton's injury?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Scott vs. Thorton

Anyone know how to spell his name?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

In haste to get back to the game I mispelled, oh wise wizard of words....or in a singular word..DICK!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Twice?  LOL  Okay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Scott vs. Thornton

In response to golden9x's comment:

Didn't look good. Usually hear updates during the game but things stayed way too quiet. Scott looks like he could give anyone in the NHL a run for the money including Chara. Hits like that can be virtual career enders. Looks like concussion city to me with extended recovery time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

It seemed that Scott  got in a couple of rights to the jaw. The second made Thornton's legs buckle and felled him.

If you notice the position of his left arm and his action as he was trying to get up, I would say that Thornton didn't know where he was at that moment and may have been concussed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

In response to golden9x's comment:

Didn't look good. Usually hear updates during the game but things stayed way too quiet. Scott looks like he could give anyone in the NHL a run for the money including Chara. Hits like that can be virtual career enders. Looks like concussion city to me with extended recovery time.

I don't cheer for Orr. But I was happy when he took him down a few weeks ago.  If he gets that right loose its like get hit with a wrecking ball.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

How dumb was that fight? Scott was only on the ice for one reason... Thornton was feeling a little too much of himself and paid the price.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

How dumb was that fight? Scott was only on the ice for one reason... Thornton was feeling a little too much of himself and paid the price.

Fight ? More like purse swinger

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Not-A-Shot... Don't mess with Jeff Beck or Blackmore will hit you on the head with a fender strat :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Not-A-Shot... Don't mess with Jeff Beck or Blackmore will hit you on the head with a fender strat :)

Is that a Deep Purple reference?!?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Gotta be a concussion.  He still looked dizzy in the box.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

It seemed that Scott  got in a couple of rights to the jaw. The second made Thornton's legs buckle and felled him.

If you notice the position of his left arm and his action as he was trying to get up, I would say that Thornton didn't know where he was at that moment and may have been concussed.

Scott is an animal ...only Looch or Chara could fight with him...I think just like when Stan Johnattan knocked out Bouchard who ended his career not so long after that KO...it is the end for Thornton ....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Never seen Thornton get man handled like that. I hope he's OK, but he may never be the same. Who on here said Scott couldn't fight? Thornton is one of the best & usually handles himself well & is great on getting to the inside on bigger players, but it didn't happen there. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In order to regain some respect, he's going to have to fight everyone that comes within 20 feet of him...every time.  And he's going to have to win decisively. 

Scott is a monster.  He outweights Thornton by 60lbs and is nine inches taller.  In comparison, that would be like Thornton taking on a guy who is 5'4, 150.  Just a pure beatdown.

Credit to Thornton for going, but no credit for the actual fight.  He got his ace handed to him.  10 punches to 1 and Kapanen legs to the box.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Rarely see a guy like Thornton, who actually works on how to fight rather than relying on brute size and a sirloin head, do such a bad job of defending himself in a scrap.  He had no defense there at all - couldn't get an arm in Scott's way, couldn't move his head, couldn't tie up.  Is Scott so strong that he was holding him helpless with one arm?  Seems hard to believe.

Saying this is the end or that he'll have to rebuild respect all seems a little over the top.  If he's not badly hurt - so out a week with a mild concussion or the like - I don't think most of the "fraternity" are going to think he's a wuss because he was game and went with a moose and lost.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Scott will hurt several opponents this year. Most probably won't even try him. Orr got him last time but with his past concussion issues, he'll probably get KO'd if they go again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradMarchand. Show BradMarchand's posts

And the B's have 2 games in Buffalo coming up...what do we do ???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BradMarchand's comment:

And the B's have 2 games in Buffalo coming up...what do we do ???

Ignore him.  Let him be on the ice as much as possible. Have Marchand drive him nuts.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am a bit surprised not one guy said a word, took a run or slashed him.  For all the supposed fights that ST does so our good players can play not one guy from this big bad bruin team could muster up a single word on the ice.   And how does chara not have one hit in a game like that.  I thought he had a decent game until I noticed that.  

Thank god Montreal didn't sign Scott

it will be interesting to see what happens next game.  I gave gaustad full marks for tangling with Lucic.  It will be interesting to see if anyone is willing to tangle with Scott in Buffalo.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I am a bit surprised not one guy said a word, took a run or slashed him.  For all the supposed fights that ST does so our good players can play not one guy from this big bad bruin team could muster up a single word on the ice.   And how does chara not have one hit in a game like that.  I thought he had a decent game until I noticed that.  

it will be interesting to see what happens next game.  I gave gaustad full marks for tangling with Lucic.  It will be interesting to see if anyone is willing to tangle with Scott in Buffalo.  

I'm surprised too.  Not saying everyone has to challenge Scott.  But they could do something, challenge somebody, snow Miller just to show their not scared.  Are the Big Bad Bruins afraid?  Maybe so, but Scott's an ape who can barely skate  Are we gonna bow to this guy?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from alldaypowerplay. Show alldaypowerplay's posts

The problem is that any of our skilled players who takes him on will go to the box alongside a non-hockey player.  Very little payoff and very high risk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

I'm surprised too.  Not saying everyone has to challenge Scott.  But they could do something, challenge somebody, snow Miller just to show their not scared.  Are the Big Bad Bruins afraid?  Maybe so, but Scott's an ape who can barely skate  Are we gonna bow to this guy?

That's my thoughts exactly.  I mean we had the buffalo and Montreal massacre.  Where were the troops last night.  Ok so ST loses one.  Well Ott weber and foligno still will throw down.  man Ott was quiet last night.  Wait until he starts acting up in buffalo.  I mean we thumped them when they had no real fighters.  Chara was fighting Reghr.  Lucic was fighting kaleta. I mean massive mismatches. Now they add one guy and tails are between legs.  I was shocked that there wasn't a fight at the next puck drop.  Kaleta will be a even bigger d ouche now.   I like McCormick but he's gonna be back as well.  

we man handled Montreal and Buffalo in the past and it was the best thing ever.  It's certainly a different tone in here today.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to alldaypowerplay's comment:

The problem is that any of our skilled players who takes him on will go to the box alongside a non-hockey player.  Very little payoff and very high risk.

C'mon.  We line brawled a Montreal team with not one fighter.  We essentially did the same thing to a buffalo team with not one proven fighter.  I think this entire bad trade off line is bs.  Lucic took down Cartner.  Who took out boogie man.  Cartner is a much more useful player but its still a bad trade off.  chara had no issue tangling with reghr last year.  Buffalo landed the biggest bully out there.  They also added the best rat in Ott.   

My point is that someone should have done something.  After seeing the big brother(ST) go down like that not one guy had his back.  Brutal. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

I've had to watch it several times, as i didn't really see it as a beat down at all ~  it clearly looked like all helmet shots to me, even the Buffalo announcer said it looked like Thornton lost an edge.

I think it was a sneeky upper cut that got him though(watch it in slow mo)  ~ the rest were all helmet shots