Scott vs. Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: Scott vs. Thornton

In response to shuperman's comment:

I am a bit surprised not one guy said a word, took a run or slashed him.  For all the supposed fights that ST does so our good players can play not one guy from this big bad bruin team could muster up a single word on the ice.   And how does chara not have one hit in a game like that.  I thought he had a decent game until I noticed that.  

Thank god Montreal didn't sign Scott

it will be interesting to see what happens next game.  I gave gaustad full marks for tangling with Lucic.  It will be interesting to see if anyone is willing to tangle with Scott in Buffalo.  

why should someone do anything to Scott? he didnt do anything wrong, he won a fight fair and square thats all, i doubt anyone on the Bruins even thinks about John Scott given how little he is on the ice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

I am a bit surprised not one guy said a word, took a run or slashed him.  For all the supposed fights that ST does so our good players can play not one guy from this big bad bruin team could muster up a single word on the ice.   And how does chara not have one hit in a game like that.  I thought he had a decent game until I noticed that.  

it will be interesting to see what happens next game.  I gave gaustad full marks for tangling with Lucic.  It will be interesting to see if anyone is willing to tangle with Scott in Buffalo.  

why should someone do anything to Scott? he didnt do anything wrong, he won a fight fair and square thats all, i doubt anyone on the Bruins even thinks about John Scott given how little he is on the ice.

Never mind.  You just don't get it.  I won't waste my time trying to explain it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Never mind.  You just don't get it.  I won't waste my time trying to explain it. 

I get it, I just don't necessarily agree. I know you're saying that to someone else but honestly I see no reason to have Chara go and try and fight Scott. On the off chance that Chara breaks his hand on Scott's face by beating him to a pulp or if Scott pops him in the face and breaks his jaw, nose, orbital bone, cheek, etc. it's not worth it. The best way to beat Scott is to be physical with his team and ignore him. Play Bruin hockey and ignore the guy. If he offers, decline. It's not Chara's job to attempt to beat up the bully. Ignore the bully. That makes them irrelevant. The more time Scott is on the ice the better off the Bruins are because he is an atrocious hockey player. He can't even score by accident in his meager 5 minutes of ice time. He is by definition a goon that can only do one thing. Take that away and he's a waste of a roster spot.

There's nothing to gain by beating him up. I understand that you think the Bruins folded after that. That's flawed. After the fight the Bruins were imposing their will when Marchand scored that goal. They flat lined and made mental lapses in between periods. In the TO game those lapses weren't there. There was no offense but they weren't giving up 2 on 1's every other play and hanigng Rask out to dry.

Do the Bruins need to play physical? YES. Do they need to engage the goon in a fight to defend their honor by potentially getting the stuffing beaten out of them by a guy who is paid to do one thing? You say Thornton is paid to do one thing, when was the last time Scott registered a shot on goal? How about a + in the +/- category? Has he EVER been a +? The guy has more PIMs then games played. He has 4 points of any kind in 156 games. Add to that his whopping 55 SOG. He is not played to play hockey. Chara is paid to be a Norris Trophy caliber defensemen. Not fight goons. I don't understand your logic other than "Oh well Chara is the same size as Scott so he should stand up for poor little Shawn." Who by the way took on Derek Boogard who was the same size as Scott. There were no calls for anyone to go after Boogy after that happened. If Thornton wins this fight, the outcome may very well have been the same minus the call for a need for retaliation.

TLDR Cliffs- Chara is a hockey player. Scott is a goon. Hockey players don't fight goons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Yah your right guys don't normally get into fights in college my bad.

PS. Thornton chirps all game long so mentioning that Scott chirped back to the Bruins bench is irrelevant!

San, he honestly doesn't sound like a very good guy.

http://letsgodu.blogspot.ca/2006/04/john-scott-named-2005-06-bad-boy-of.html

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2013/02/pc-assistant-russell-coached-sabres-scott-at-michigan-tech.html

These are comments from Scott's college coach

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I get it, I just don't necessarily agree. I know you're saying that to someone else but honestly I see no reason to have Chara go and try and fight Scott. On the off chance that Chara breaks his hand on Scott's face by beating him to a pulp or if Scott pops him in the face and breaks his jaw, nose, orbital bone, cheek, etc. it's not worth it. The best way to beat Scott is to be physical with his team and ignore him. Play Bruin hockey and ignore the guy. If he offers, decline. It's not Chara's job to attempt to beat up the bully. Ignore the bully. That makes them irrelevant. The more time Scott is on the ice the better off the Bruins are because he is an atrocious hockey player. He can't even score by accident in his meager 5 minutes of ice time. He is by definition a goon that can only do one thing. Take that away and he's a waste of a roster spot.

There's nothing to gain by beating him up. I understand that you think the Bruins folded after that. That's flawed. After the fight the Bruins were imposing their will when Marchand scored that goal. They flat lined and made mental lapses in between periods. In the TO game those lapses weren't there. There was no offense but they weren't giving up 2 on 1's every other play and hanigng Rask out to dry.

Do the Bruins need to play physical? YES. Do they need to engage the goon in a fight to defend their honor by potentially getting the stuffing beaten out of them by a guy who is paid to do one thing? You say Thornton is paid to do one thing, when was the last time Scott registered a shot on goal? How about a + in the +/- category? Has he EVER been a +? The guy has more PIMs then games played. He has 4 points of any kind in 156 games. Add to that his whopping 55 SOG. He is not played to play hockey. Chara is paid to be a Norris Trophy caliber defensemen. Not fight goons. I don't understand your logic other than "Oh well Chara is the same size as Scott so he should stand up for poor little Shawn." Who by the way took on Derek Boogard who was the same size as Scott. There were no calls for anyone to go after Boogy after that happened. If Thornton wins this fight, the outcome may very well have been the same minus the call for a need for retaliation.

TLDR Cliffs- Chara is a hockey player. Scott is a goon. Hockey players don't fight goons.

Great post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think you need to read all my posts.  I essentially agree with everything you say.  But do I believe they owe it to ST.  Yes I do.  He's the guy that battles so they don't have to.  I know it's ST job.  But if you read all my pts you will realize I said I don't want chara fighting him.  

But since you are on this topic.  I will ask you the same question.  Why did chara fight Neil after Neil thumped seidz in a fight.  The very next game.  Why did chara jump robin regehr last year and fight him.  If you don't want him fighting shouldn't he not be fighting?   Is it ok to jump in to protect seidz honor and not ST?   

A team is a team from the extra skaters in the press box to the best players and yes to ST.  I don't think fighting Scott is gonna happen.  Well I think lane will fight him.  But where were the big bad bully bruins.  They as a team were invisible tHat night. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think you need to read all my posts.  I essentially agree with everything you say.  But do I believe they owe it to ST.  Yes I do.  He's the guy that battles so they don't have to.  I know it's ST job.  But if you read all my pts you will realize I said I don't want chara fighting him.  

But since you are on this topic.  I will ask you the same question.  Why did chara fight Neil after Neil thumped seidz in a fight.  The very next game.  Why did chara jump robin regehr last year and fight him.  If you don't want him fighting shouldn't he not be fighting?   Is it ok to jump in to protect seidz honor and not ST?   

A team is a team from the extra skaters in the press box to the best players and yes to ST.  I don't think fighting Scott is gonna happen.  Well I think lane will fight him.  But where were the big bad bully bruins.  They as a team were invisible tHat night. 

I have read all your posts. You think someone needs to stick up for ST. That is false. ST is our fighter who can play some hockey. He took on their fighter (notice I don't say hockey player there).

Neil can play hockey. Neil and Seidenberg wasn't a staged fight where a goon is taking on a goon. Neil basically started punching Seidenberg after a scrum. That is not even close to the same as what happened to ST. ST and Scott talked about it and went.

Had Scott skated up to ST and just dropped him without warning then I would agree with you, someone would need to step up and take him down.. In this case there is no need for any kind of revenge or payback. I don't think Scott did anything wrong so there's no need for retaliation. ST didn't lose any honor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I have read all your posts. You think someone needs to stick up for ST. That is false. ST is our fighter who can play some hockey. He took on their fighter (notice I don't say hockey player there).

Neil can play hockey. Neil and Seidenberg wasn't a staged fight where a goon is taking on a goon. Neil basically started punching Seidenberg after a scrum. That is not even close to the same as what happened to ST. ST and Scott talked about it and went.

Had Scott skated up to ST and just dropped him without warning then I would agree with you, someone would need to step up and take him down.. In this case there is no need for any kind of revenge or payback. I don't think Scott did anything wrong so there's no need for retaliation. ST didn't lose any honor.

I don't think you did.  I said the team needs to respond next game.  2 fighters fighting is a part of hockey.  The lack of push back after the game is what I'm talking about.  Not fighting Scott.  I think someone should have said something though.  Maybe a chat after the whistle. To do nothing is not what I expected.   it was more then just ST getting thumped.  It's about a huge a huge game that wad hyped.  It's about last year when miller and ruff whined.  It's about ruff calling a time out.   If you didn't get he hidden meaning to the end of that game well I'm not sure what to tell you.  I know one thing.  This team normally answers those questions.  Or the bully just got pushed by a bigger bully.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I misunderstood what you meant by pushback. You mean a team effort imposing their will on the team as a whole. I thought you were referring to a pushback against Scott for his beatdown on ST.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I misunderstood what you meant by pushback. You mean a team effort imposing their will on the team as a whole. I thought you were referring to a pushback against Scott for his beatdown on ST.

No man. I agree with you.  Would I like to see Scott get thumped?  Yes.  I don't think it means chara doing it.  Although I would love to see chara or Lucic feed him his lunch.  I want 18 jerseys hitting thumping and getting in buffaloes face.  Chara is huge and didn't register a hit.  

Anyway.  Lets get ready for the next gm.  Scott doesn't deserve this much attention. Any at all actually. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

No man. I agree with you.  Would I like to see Scott get thumped?  Yes.  I don't think it means chara doing it.  Although I would love to see chara or Lucic feed him his lunch.  I want 18 jerseys hitting thumping and getting in buffaloes face.  Chara is huge and didn't register a hit.  

Anyway.  Lets get ready for the next gm.  Scott doesn't deserve this much attention. Any at all actually. 

Yea, all this talk about enemy & very little about ST. The guy's got more guts than all of us put together with the exception of Kel, Shupe & any ex or current Military personal. He's got the dirtiest job in sports & he does it with class, honor & expects nothing but respect in return.

And with Chara being the Captain that he is I'll be shocked if he doesn't fight Scott. Not saying that I want Chara to, because there's a HUGE RISK, but he'll do it in the honor of his teammate. And CJ won't try & stop him either.