Screw 1st/2nd seed..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Screw 1st/2nd seed..

It's great if you can get it for the 1 extra home game BUT NOT in this condensed schedule---it is not worth it!  It's also not worth it considering the parity of the teams in the East.   Playing for 2nd or first and be rewarded by having to go up against Lundquist (potentially) in the first round is not really a reward. 

The biggest need for the Bruins is rest and health.  Their schedule sucks big time compared to some of the other contenders down the stretch.  I say give Chara a game day off, Lucic a game day off, Horton, and so on...and some of the other regulars that log a ton of minutes.   Spread that out of course.    It does not matter if the B's finish 2nd, 4th or 5th---it really doesn't at this point. 

The B's can beat ANYONE on the road or home when they are rested and healthy.   Don't sacrafice what's most important by expending all your energy in this brutal regular season grind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Screw 1st/2nd seed..

i kind of agree. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Definitely not worth losing a guy for injury or wearing the guys we need down.  As long as we are a top 4 i dont care.  Home ice.  I feel there a few upsets in the making in round one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I agree strongly with your post Lucdufour. However, I would like to see guys like Chara, etc. have more than just 1 game day off ... more like 2, maybe 3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Definitely not worth losing a guy for injury or wearing the guys we need down.  As long as we are a top 4 i dont care.  Home ice.  I feel there a few upsets in the making in round one. 

Hit it on the head Shupe...

Except for the Kings, no seed higher than 5 has ever won a Cup.

2012----LA Kings----8th seed

2011----Boston Bruins---3rd seed

2010----Chicago Blackhawks---2nd Seed

2009---Pittsburgh Penguins---4th seed

2008---Detroit Redwings---1st seed

2007--Anaheim Ducks---2nd seed

2006---Carolina Hurricanes---2nd Seed

2005---No winner

2004--Tampa Bay Lightning --1st Seed

2003--NJ Devils ---2nd Seed

2002---Detroit Redwings---1st Seed

2001--Colorado Avalanche---1st Seed

2000--NJ Devils---4th seed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Although when I look at it again from 2000... 8/12 winners have been 1 or 2. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I would like to see them finish 2nd. I live in Southern Ontario, about an hour from Toronto ( Leaf Land ) and don't think I can handle  a Bruins - Leafs 1st round playoff match.  I would be vastly out numbered everywhere I go to watch the games which could possibly leed to extra curricular activities. Lol. Already sick of all the Leaf talk. For a team that hasn't made playoffs for 8 years, the Leaf fans are already planning a cup parade. Even though it is for mostly selfish reasons, I still think the Bruins should gun for the 2nd seed and go into playoffs on a roll and let the Leafs and Habs duke it out in round 1.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

I agree, I think if they finish 4th and play the Laffs it would be fine since they seem to play them well