Seguin at the dot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FanBruin. Show FanBruin's posts

Re: Seguin at the dot

Seguin is gone time to move on,I think Seguin is a good player who might someday become a great player,but jury is still out on him,and Bruins I don't think wanted to wait for him to mature,in a couple of years I think we will see what Seguin is,but if the Bruins can win another cup in the mean time,than I won't care what he becomes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i stand correct it 1 playoff season is enough to deem him a bust. keep in mind he was a our top scorer 2yrs ago and 3rd top scorer last year  at what age? btw for you plus or minus freaks check out his stat 

[/QUOTE]

Marco, I didnt hold Seguins lack of production in the playoffs last year against him as he was playing on the 3rd line. Until I found out about his actions during the playoffs. Trust me when I tell you 99% of the board here were so excited when that kid came here and we all hoped he would be a superstar here. He's gone now, and a good number of us think he will be a terrific player in Dallas if he commits himself to the game. Your infactuation with him is fine, and I'm sure the Stars have a forum like this where you can go and talk about how awesome he is and how the B's should have never of traded him. But here, it's getting kind of annoying.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Montreal and Toronto trolls sang the same ol song when Thornton was traded. Just like when the Bruins used the money to bring in players with better compete level after the Thronton, trade management will do the same now.

Getting moved to wing from your natural position because you won't put the work in shows you don't have true work ethic that you need to be considered to be a superstar! Dallas will never reach the cup with their star player not willing to put in the effort.

This what Montreal and Toronto trolls refuse to acknowledge still to this day, Thornton didn't have the brain power to lead and neither does Kessel nor Seguin. All are great one-dimensional players nothing more.

You don't have a thousandth of Fletch's hockey knowledge Troll!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You dont get it and btw im not the only one who talks about seguin and i am sure not the one who starts most of the threads on him, I find it comical when you say infatuation - you see he was a huge part in my view of the bruins future and a player who would certainly be a big role in the bruins winning more cups, You need those players , you buld around them. As far as  his conduct yeah sure we all want players to respect curfews and stuff but thats not the real world that is the ideal world. I can tell you other players that did worse things but it was never made public. Those are mere excuses for getting fans maybe like yourself to justify this trade. remember it's not about the player it's what i feel he brings to the team on the ice. It is mgmt job to work with those players in this case a kid and slowly he learns, Thats what mgmt does. If seguin was say 30 then ok but he's 21 - 

[/QUOTE]

He was seen as a huge part of the Bruins future by management. Thats why they drafted him and then signed him to a post entry level deal. The reason he is not here anymore is becuase of him, not management.

Managemtn knows they need these players. Thats why they have Lucic, Krejci, Lucic etc..All willing to pay the price and play the type of hockey the Bruins want.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins won the cup without your franchise players Thornton and Kessel.

Thornton and Kessel will not be the leaders on any cup team(s).

Nobody on BDC cares about when or how Toronto or Vancouver will win cups.

Your still dumb as a door handle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your still dumb as a door handle.

[/QUOTE]

San,  why are you trying to rationalize with this guy.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't understand that about him.  He has very quick hands and picks off a lot of airborne pucks, he gets tips and intercepts passes, but horrible at the dot.  How can you have such natural quickness and still lose face offs like crazy?

[/QUOTE]

C O M P E T E L E V E L

[/QUOTE]

Correct answer for the corners, in the traffic and any other dirty areas you can think of, but not the face off dot.

[/QUOTE]

It's a puck battle - the skill set is there in spades, the other guy just wants it more

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

Your still dumb as a door handle. [/QUOTE]

San,  why are you trying to rationalize with this guy.  [/QUOTE]

I got sucked in again. Go play with Rockem Sockem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

ok fletch  i will make some predictions and i will document them for you, kessel was documented colborne was too- now tell me more about that bet 

[/QUOTE]

What bet?  If you're gonna keep mentioning it, tell us what it was.  Stanley doesn't seem to remember it either.  Will Iginla outscore Horton this year?  Yes, I think so.  If that was the bet than I will stick with it even though I don't remember saying it.

Show us your Colborne prediction too.  I said he was a very borderline NHL-er because I watched him a lot in college.  I'm not applauding myself for that -- the odds are AHL players aren't gonna become stars.  Who said he would be a star?

Back up your claims.

Wanna hold a vote on who here thinks you know anything about the NHL?  Just say the word.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't understand that about him.  He has very quick hands and picks off a lot of airborne pucks, he gets tips and intercepts passes, but horrible at the dot.  How can you have such natural quickness and still lose face offs like crazy?

[/QUOTE]

C O M P E T E L E V E L

[/QUOTE]

Correct answer for the corners, in the traffic and any other dirty areas you can think of, but not the face off dot.

[/QUOTE]

It's a puck battle - the skill set is there in spades, the other guy just wants it more

[/QUOTE]

I disagree entirely, when it got physical, yes, the other guy won, straight up stick battles for the puck Tyler won the majority.  Actually, he did trail off even at that during the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

LMAO, No kidding! How many championships does that Kessel guy have? Oh wait..They just started making the play-offs after 4 seasons since he's been there. Oh how about Ovie & Backstrom, Mike Green & company with the Caps? All all-stars & World Class, what have they won again...OH yes individual trophy nominations, Art Ross's, & President trophy's. No cups & barely 1st round wins! DUMB comment from a dumb poster!

[/QUOTE]

Guess we can say the same about Cam huh?  PS. Seguin has a ring.  

[/QUOTE]
    Wow! Nice Backstab Shupe. Thx a lot! I was talking about how you can have all the stars you want on a team that gets 100pts as an individual. Doesn't make them a winner. Neely scored 50 goals in 44 games; only 2 players in NHL history has done better. NOBODY you mentioned comes close to that. Neely scored 55 play-off goals the most in Bruins history! When Seguin does this kind of stuff come talk to me. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

San,  why are you trying to rationalize with this guy.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey!  Who made you the God of the Forum and gave you the right to tell people what to post?  Wait until Dezaruchi sees this.  He's going to flip his lid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

You dont get it and btw im not the only one who talks about seguin and i am sure not the one who starts most of the threads on him, I find it comical when you say infatuation - you see he was a huge part in my view of the bruins future and a player who would certainly be a big role in the bruins winning more cups, You need those players , you buld around them. As far as  his conduct yeah sure we all want players to respect curfews and stuff but thats not the real world that is the ideal world. I can tell you other players that did worse things but it was never made public. Those are mere excuses for getting fans maybe like yourself to justify this trade. remember it's not about the player it's what i feel he brings to the team on the ice. It is mgmt job to work with those players in this case a kid and slowly he learns, Thats what mgmt does. If seguin was say 30 then ok but he's 21 - 

[/QUOTE]

The Bruins aren't in building or rebuilding mode.  There is parity in the league.  They have to take advantage of that NOW.  The only logical thing to do was to move Seguin for a player who would contribute in the playoffs NOW.

You can't do both in today's NHL, you can't build around young inmature players and also expect to contend for a Cup at the same time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:[QUOTE]

ok so lets see now chicago, detroit, anaheim, pittburgh all won cups ithout franchise players- winning without them is possible but there is a reason you get high picks overall and usually the intention is the build around them but do confer with your friend  the nhl gurr [/QUOTE]

Doopid is as Doopid can be. Your right Boston won without finishing close too or in dead last in the league. Chiarelli just took Burke to school to get his top pick.

San Jose no cup!

Toronto no cup!

Dallas stinks!

Montreal stinks!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to marco0863's comment:[QUOTE]

ok so lets see now chicago, detroit, anaheim, pittburgh all won cups ithout franchise players- winning without them is possible but there is a reason you get high picks overall and usually the intention is the build around them but do confer with your friend  the nhl gurr [/QUOTE]

Doopid is as Doopid can be. Your right Boston won without finishing close too or in dead last in the league. Chiarelli just took Burke to school to get his top pick.

San Jose no cup!

Toronto no cup!

Dallas stinks!

Montreal stinks!

[/QUOTE]

Didn't we have this conversation a few weeks ago?

Why are we covering the same ground again?

I'm going to be thankful that Bruins8 and null aren't around right now and move on.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

No cups & barely 1st round wins! DUMB comment from a dumb poster!--neelyorrbourque

this comment comes from probably the dumbest poster on this site!

Let's take a vote on that OK? This coming from someone who's comments are about as useful to this forum as having an ashtray on a motorcycle! 

Please don't make the same mistake your parents did & use birth control!