Seguin/ CJ & the Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Seguin/ CJ & the Bruins

I was wondering if CJ had Seguin thrusted onto him this season by the Bruins ? I'm watching the games and I notice (in my opinion), that Seguin looks out of place, so much so, that if it he was not a second over all draft pick, that he would be down in the AHL. Would management show case Seguin in favour of another player from the farm that would play better ? It seems to me Seguin would benifit more from tons of time in the AHL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Seguin/ CJ & the Bruins

I dont think we need anymore seguin post at this time, but i think Seguin brings talent in areas the bruins lack.. I think he is playing the right amount of ice time, and can stil help the team.  I hope if claude thought he wasnt ready or was hurting the team he would bench him.. I think he is playing him the minutes he is to see what he can create..

I will add he helps us in the shoot out, we missed kessel last season as we were awful in the shootout, and I hate wheeler in the shootout, the kid has hands, so much so that he dekes the puck right off his own stick most of the time, the night before he got luck and still put it home, but of his 21 attempts i would bet 10 of them have ended in no shot or a blown shot because he lost control of the puck

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Right or wrong, the bigger picture was that Seguin sold tickets and was a big part of the preseason hype.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Hangnail, certainly correct there, but i think most bruins fans know he still had to make the team, and regardless of if he sold tickets fans arent going to pay to come watch him skate 20 minutes a game on a losing team, he can ride the pine all the way through the stanley cup if the team is winning fans will turn out..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Agreed Roler...but in a way, I feel he made the team on draft day.  Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot, but as I'm sure you're aware, he has a long way to go.  Nothing wrong with that and I look forward to watching his development.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I kind of agree, I think (from what i read) he was one of the best players at development camp, not necessarily the best, but his ceiling is so much higher, the thought was probably he could make up that difference in a couple weeks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

He needs to get consistent minutes on a offensive line for a 10 game stretch to decide whether he deserves minutes or not.  At 18 if he plays 15 minutes one night and 7 minutes another and then gets benched for long stretches, what is going to happen when he finally gets to play?  Exactly what is happening now - he tries too hard, panics and looks lost trying to play his game while also trying to play fathead's system. Anyone who thinks Seguin should not play more minutes is drinking the CJ kool-aid. Again you will all get what you deserve in the play-offs AGAIN!!!  I am not saying at 18 that Seguin is going to lead us to the promised land this year, but relying on Ryder and even Recchi (I respect this guy big time but having him as one of your main go to guys is an issue) to get us there means another 2nd round exit at best. Find a place that Seguin can play where he can add offense (maybe it is more power play time) .  This will hopefully help his development and confidence and give Boston another weapon to go with Lucic etc.  It is fine to have guys like Ryder to add to your offense but he gets  guaranteed minutes including power play time even though his effort is inconsistent.  CJ is a typical veteran player's coach, Ryder can float and still get ice but Seguin has to play on pins and needles, knowing if he makes a mistake he will be on the bench.  You can't do this to your potential franchise player.  Clod should have been fired after the embarrassing collapse last year but we kept him on why - so he could potentially ruin our greatest asset!!!?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin/ CJ & the Bruins:
    [QUOTE]He needs to get consistent minutes on a offensive line for a 10 game stretch to decide whether he deserves minutes or not.  At 18 if he plays 15 minutes one night and 7 minutes another and then gets benched for long stretches, what is going to happen when he finally gets to play?  Exactly what is happening now - he tries too hard, panics and looks lost trying to play his game while also trying to play fathead's system. Anyone who thinks Seguin should not play more minutes is drinking the CJ kool-aid. Again you will all get what you deserve in the play-offs AGAIN!!!  I am not saying at 18 that Seguin is going to lead us to the promised land this year, but relying on Ryder and even Recchi (I respect this guy big time but having him as one of your main go to guys is an issue) to get us there means another 2nd round exit at best. Find a place that Seguin can play where he can add offense (maybe it is more power play time) .  This will hopefully help his development and confidence and give Boston another weapon to go with Lucic etc.  It is fine to have guys like Ryder to add to your offense but he gets  guaranteed minutes including power play time even though his effort is inconsistent.  CJ is a typical veteran player's coach, Ryder can float and still get ice but Seguin has to play on pins and needles, knowing if he makes a mistake he will be on the bench.  You can't do this to your potential franchise player.  Clod should have been fired after the embarrassing collapse last year but we kept him on why - so he could potentially ruin our greatest asset!!!?
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

I dont see how Hall can be getting 18 minutes a night and producing and Seguin getting 10 a night an not. Supposedly Hall and Seguin talent level where so close Chiarelli would have been happy with either player. So whats the issue a year in age and a year in juniors? I dont really think so. Its this system and CJ's use of Seguin. Ryder and Recchi can only get the puck in the net on the PP

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

hall is playing on a weak team. he should get more toi than seguin. if the oilers had the bruins depth, he wouldn't get 18 minutes a game. the bruins can afford to be patient with seguin. limited toi didn't stop joe thornton from having a great career, and it won't stop seguin from having a great one either. let's wait a couple of years and compare hall to seguin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

I thought everyone hated young Jumbo Joe in Boston,he was too soft they said???? Now he is the bar for young Seguin?  Here is to developing another Jumbo Joe I guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'm not saying joe is the best player on the planet. i'm just saying an 18 year old having limited ice time in his first year won't ruin his career. it's not like the guy is glued to the bench and plays 4 minutes a game. he plays on the third line on a good team.