Seguin Dealt. Details to follow soon.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Seguin Dealt. Details to follow soon.

I can confirm that Seguin is on his way to Dallas. Exact details to follow very soon.

Apparently, the Bruin room had alot to do with this deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Seguin Dealt. Details to follow soon.

Peverley and Button for Morrow, Ericksson, Smith and Fraser.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Tyler happy with deal. He will make extra cash due to no state tax in Texas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm not happy with this trade.  Ericksson is good but Seguin is a special talent and Peverley is valuable and versatile.  Very dissapointed.  Seguin is my favorite Bruin.

On the plus side, the Bruins gained cap space so I guess we can assume a signing tomorrow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Forgotten in all of this situation:

Tyler mentioned his hip problem, after SCF, and confessed he's been having problems for a couple of years. He also disclosed that he will be consulting the medics for possible solutions.

Last years sensational report of a congental hip problem were correct - whoever it was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I thought we would have a lot more to see out of Seguin in the coming years, but if they do, it will be in a Dallas uniform.

I hope this Ericksson fella knows how to put the puck in the net.

I'm going to miss Peverley's speed and his face off ability. I really hope one of our draft picks from Providence can find a spot on our roster come new season. Good luck Seguin ! Welcome Louis ! ( and company).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well this is a deal that had to be, no knocks on seguin by all means but he hes really not a typical bruin style of a player, This trade had to be done for cap reasons, along with utilizing the space to grab another RW and get rask in the books, They have there 7 man D set so all in all i think this team ( depends on tomorrow if they grab that RW ) improved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

I'm not happy with this trade.  Ericksson is good but Seguin is a special talent and Peverley is valuable and versatile.  Very dissapointed.  Seguin is my favorite Bruin.

On the plus side, the Bruins gained cap space so I guess we can assume a signing tomorrow.

He was my favourite Bruin too and I don't like the deal unless they can make a major signing like Clarkson. If that happens my perspective changes 180 degrees.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

[QUOTE]

He was my favourite Bruin too and I don't like the deal unless they can make a major signing like Clarkson. If that happens my perspective changes 180 degrees.

[/QUOTE]

Eriksson puts up 70+ points while playing Selke worthy D in his own end. Morrow was the top D prospect in Dallas. Smith and Fraser are both young with NHL experience. This isn't a bad deal at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The front page of TSN.ca says it all.  A pic of Seguin.  He is the funnest, biggest-name, most exciting player involved here, and we just lost him.

Make no mistake, Ericksson is excellent, but he doesn't hype me up as a Bruins fan like Seguin.  I would have been happier if they had landed Drouin in the rumoured deal.  I was about to buy a Seguin jersey.  I'm very dissapointed.  The fun level of the team has dropped significantly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The front page of TSN.ca says it all.  A pic of Seguin.  He is the funnest, biggest-name, most exciting player involved here, and we just lost him.

Make no mistake, Ericksson is excellent, but he doesn't hype me up as a Bruins fan like Seguin.  I would have been happier if they had landed Drouin in the rumoured deal.  I was about to buy a Seguin jersey.  I'm very dissapointed.  The fun level of the team has dropped significantly.

I think all of us feel that hard to take feeling losing seguin, but as in the past we always get get over it when hockey returns, and like mentioned if the Bs come out of tomorrow with another signing like clarkson then it make all the sense in the world.

Just imagine the top 2 lines now, i think were right back in the finals next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would like the deal better if the Bruins got a 1st thrown in.  I really don't like the trade.  Boston got a great return on what Seguin is worth now, but a terrible return on what he is worth if takes that next step at 22 and scores 40+ goals and 90+ points... which is likely if he gets 22 minutes a game next year.  It is extremely likely that his production will grow until he is 25, and with more minutes.  Top-10 point totals for him are not just possible, they are likely.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

All second guessers, the next trade everyone likes will be the first.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

[QUOTE]

I think all of us feel that hard to take feeling losing seguin, but as in the past we always get get over it when hockey returns, and like mentioned if the Bs come out of tomorrow with another signing like clarkson then it make all the sense in the world.

Just imagine the top 2 lines now, i think were right back in the finals next year.

[/QUOTE]

I'll will continue to be a passionate Bruins fan, and I think they are trying to do good here.  It's a solid return.  I just don't like the deal.  Seguin is a bundle of talent, just waiting for a couple more minutes of ice time, some experience and a powerplay built around him.  And he's fun.  I like fun players.  22 year old fun players.  The bruins lost 5 years of hockey service by picking up Eriksson for Seguin.  The Bruins should have kept him for at least 3 more years and then dealt him at peak value.  In otherwords, the opposite of this trade.  In three years the Bruins will have a 30 year old UFA... Dallas will have a 25 year old 1st line center with 3 years left on his contract.  Brutal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Very surprised by the trade. Some apprehension but in PC I trust.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Eriksson puts up 70+ points while playing Selke worthy D in his own end. Morrow was the top D prospect in Dallas. Smith and Fraser are both young with NHL experience. This isn't a bad deal at all.[/QUOTE]

"I hope this Ericksson fella knows how to put the puck in the net"

Already proved his consistency

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Eriksson puts up 70+ points while playing Selke worthy D in his own end. Morrow was the top D prospect in Dallas. Smith and Fraser are both young with NHL experience. This isn't a bad deal at all.

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree, Dez. I'm not crazy about seeing Seguin leave but I'm a Bruins fan first and I have seen Eriksson play. Like him.

Also, this deal might allow PC to add a piece in free agency. Maybe only a short term deal (Alfredsson). This way, when contract is up, he'll have plenty of $$ to resign the core.

In the end, I think it's a good deal for both teams. Now if one or two of those youngsters the B's got back can pan out, then we can talk about winning this deal.

I don't hate the deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree, Dez. I'm not crazy about seeing Seguin leave but I'm a Bruins fan first and I have seen Eriksson play. Like him.

Also, this deal might allow PC to add a piece in free agency. Maybe only a short term deal (Alfredsson). This way, when contract is up, he'll have plenty of $$ to resign the core.

In the end, I think it's a good deal for both teams. Now if one or two of those youngsters the B's got back can pan out, then we can talk about winning this deal.

I don't hate the deal.

[/QUOTE]

A good trade leaves both sides wishing they got more. This is a good hockey trade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I would like the deal better if the Bruins got a 1st thrown in.  I really don't like the trade.  Boston got a great return on what Seguin is worth now, but a terrible return on what he is worth if takes that next step at 22 and scores 40+ goals and 90+ points... which is likely if he gets 22 minutes a game next year.  It is extremely likely that his production will grow until he is 25, and with more minutes.  Top-10 point totals for him are not just possible, they are likely.

OC, if you're concerned with the years lost between Tyler and Loui then you should be pleased at the years gained from the other parts of the deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

[QUOTE]

OC, if you're concerned with the years lost between Tyler and Loui then you should be pleased at the years gained from the other parts of the deal.

[/QUOTE]

Only if they are impact players.  They are nice prospects, but none are even a top-10 pick, let alone a concenseous #1.  If the Bruins had completed the rumored Drouin deal with FLA, I could say it could help make a dynasty.  But in this case the younger players will be lucky to be 2nd or 3rd liners, players you can get anywhere.  Eriksson is a legitimate star, but he has less upside than Seguin over the next few years.  It's doubtful that the other prospects will ever come close to what you can get from Seguin alone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Only if they are impact players.  They are nice prospects, but none are even a top-10 pick, let alone a concenseous #1.  If the Bruins had completed the rumored Drouin deal with FLA, I could say it could help make a dynasty.  But in this case the younger players will be lucky to be 2nd or 3rd liners, players you can get anywhere.  Eriksson is a legitimate star, but he has less upside than Seguin over the next few years.  It's doubtful that the other prospects will ever come close to what you can get from Seguin alone.

[/QUOTE]

Peverley isn't an impact player so why do his replacements have to be? Eriksson has 130 goals in the last 5 years. That's more than Patrick Kane and only 2 less than Marty St. Louis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hty239. Show hty239's posts

If you understand hockey and dig into this trade, could be huge for Bruins.  Remember Horton going.  So Bruins get a really solid player, some interesting prospects and a free augment to be named tomorrow. Get over Seguin.  Drinking issues, hip issues and some other rumors springing up.  Just think, he woke up today part of a serious cup contender and goes to bed part of a train wreck Trying to rebuild.  Errikson must have think he hit the lottery.  Maybe his old pal Alfredson follows suit.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

this trade doesn't figure well for boston- Seguin has upside potential to be a star player eventhough as of yet he cannot be considered a star. i really do not care of a dman prospect, we do not need that . We need forward , gamebreakers and seguin could have had potential for it. As for Fraser he's been in the AHL for 2 years and never seen him on a top prospect list.

The bruins got what they wanted- increase in cap space. they are running the team like a cheap oufit. It's a good thing we won the cup because we aren't winning another one for a long long time

Let us see now if they put savard on LTIR givibg us over 13m in cap space or will they continue ther frugal ways and justify them by simply saying- well we won the cup 2 years ago !!

Marco how do you figure there running the team like a cheap outfit ? Thats just opposite of what there trying to do.  They need the cap space for rask and then to add another forward, one being an impact player right away to replace horton, such as alfreson or clarkson or for that matter even iginla for a year, I do beleive there tring to keep pace with philly and mtl who are beginning to load up, i wish it was as easy as ???? but its not, PC really didnt have any options unless you wanna throw in 2 or 3 from providence ( in which id rather see) but this team is only a player or 2 away from the final in 2014.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:

[QUOTE]

this trade doesn't figure well for boston- Seguin has upside potential to be a star player eventhough as of yet he cannot be considered a star. i really do not care of a dman prospect, we do not need that . We need forward , gamebreakers and seguin could have had potential for it. As for Fraser he's been in the AHL for 2 years and never seen him on a top prospect list.

The bruins got what they wanted- increase in cap space. they are running the team like a cheap oufit. It's a good thing we won the cup because we aren't winning another one for a long long time

Let us see now if they put savard on LTIR givibg us over 13m in cap space or will they continue ther frugal ways and justify them by simply saying- well we won the cup 2 years ago !!

Marco how do you figure there running the team like a cheap outfit ? Thats just opposite of what there trying to do.  They need the cap space for rask and then to add another forward, one being an impact player right away to replace horton, such as alfreson or clarkson or for that matter even iginla for a year, I do beleive there tring to keep pace with philly and mtl who are beginning to load up, i wish it was as easy as ???? but its not, PC really didnt have any options unless you wanna throw in 2 or 3 from providence ( in which id rather see) but this team is only a player or 2 away from the final in 2014.

[/QUOTE]

Ya Marco they are real cheap they are up against the cap. I don't care about 10-15-20years ago. If you gave the bruins an extra 20 million in cap space they  would spend it now . Please stop with the  cheap Sh...t it isn't flying.