Seguin for Loui Eriksson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Seguin for Loui Eriksson?

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Hmmm...not sure how I deel about this.

As of right now, did this trade actually make the existing team better?  If not then I am skeptical this team is any better than it was pre-trade.

And who is going to play RW now?

Just rumors right ?

Sorry just needed to sneak that in real quick...kidding. I agree that what happens tomorrow will have to help allot of Seguin fans out there.

I trust PC!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Can't help feeling like:

Seguin = Thornton

Sturm = Ericksson

Stuart = Morrow

Primeau = Smith & Fraser

No problem trading him, expected a much better return.

Agree.

again Thorton trade freed up cap spacfe for Chara and Savard.  Pevs and Seguins clear cap for ..... ?  I'll wait to judge.

[/QUOTE]

Guys, maybe I'm rushing to judgement hear, but I think this is a much better trade than the Thornton trade - we got nothing back then. We at least grabbed Eriksson who can fill Horton's spot, we cleared up cap space for a FA, we just replaced Ference out of camp next year (if not better) with Morrow, and we'll see if San's predictions about Fraser pan out. I don't know about Smith.

May be a wash, but we weren't going to use Seguin at centre anytime soon, and everyone and their dog were saying Pevs should just be bought out. And Button wasn't exactly making the lineup anytime soon.

Just look at that young defensive core now - we're set on the blueline for a long time coming.

[/QUOTE]

Eriksson will have to learn to play right wing to take Horton's spot.  He's a left wing. Then again I'm a lefty that plays right wing : )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Just look at that young defensive core now - we're set on the blueline for a long time coming.

That's great but now we need some players that can score goals......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The more I think about this trade the more it seems to a pretty good one. Now and in time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Can't help feeling like:

Seguin = Thornton

Sturm = Ericksson

Stuart = Morrow

Primeau = Smith & Fraser

No problem trading him, expected a much better return.

Sturm is so far below Eriksson though Crowls. 3 seasons in a row with 70+ points is nothing to sneeze at.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Just rumors right ?

Sorry just needed to sneak that in real quick...kidding. I agree that what happens tomorrow will have to help allot of Seguin fans out there.

I trust PC!

lol!!!  Touche.

I guess I underestimated how little PC and the organization valued their leading scorer from the last full season of hockey. But hey, at least the team now has another defensive forward and some prospects.....lol.

We shall see what happens but, again, this team is not any better right now than it was pre-trade in my opinion.

On another note...see yah Rich. Thanks for the memories  (too bad it cost Wheeler and Stuart who are still producing, if only for Winnipeg).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

The more I think about this trade the more it seems to a pretty good one. Now and in time.

In time ?  yes when Eriksson retires Seguin is still playing.

On paper I don't like it but it's not like I'm a NHL GM.  It's what is not written the key to this trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Hmmm...not sure how I deel about this.

As of right now, did this trade actually make the existing team better?  If not then I am skeptical this team is any better than it was pre-trade.

And who is going to play RW now?

Just rumors right ?

I trust PC!

Same here.  I used to wonder if he'd let the Bruins' roster remain largely static after winning the Cup like the Wings did for years.  I didn't think he would.  He strikes me as being a thorough, every detail examined-type of GM who doesn't make moves lightly. 

That said the team will have a different look next year, San but do you think this deal was purely cap-directed or do you think he recognized the Bruins lacked something in their overall roster makeup and needed to address it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

When will Erickson be a free agent?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

On paper I don't like it but it's not like I'm a NHL GM.  It's what is not written the key to this trade.

Unless Smith and Fraser somehow have productive NHL careers, Seguin will be scoring and producing for a long time to come when Eriksson is long gone....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

2016-17

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

From Hockey's Future-

2011-12: Morrow was so impressive in his first training camp with the Pittsburgh Penguins that he almost made the NHL roster out of training camp. However, concerned over a possible lack of ice time, the Penguins re-assigned the defensemen to the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL. Morrow picked up right where he left off with a powerhouse Portland team, posting 17 goals, 47 assists, and 99 penalty minutes in 62 regular season games. He had another impressive playoff performance as well, managing four goals and 13 assists in 22 games.

Talent Analysis

A mobile and aggressive two-way defenseman who can play in all situations, Joe Morrow has seen his stock rise meteorically since his draft year in 2010-11. Playing with poise and maturity far beyond his years, Morrow possesses the ability to retrieve the puck from his own zone and start the play up ice. His puck-distribution ability is top notch and he has a hard and heavy shot that typically hits the net. He also owns a high hockey IQ and does an excellent job of keeping his head up when moving the puck up ice and carrying it along the blue line.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[/QUOTE]
    lol!!!  Touche.

I guess I underestimated how little PC and the organization valued their leading scorer from the last full season of hockey. [/QUOTE]

I'll say it again and again, we wouldn't be having this conversation if the cap hadn't gone down. Unfortunate but pre-trade the Bruins were not going to beat Chicago nor Los Angeles in any future cups with the team constituted the way it was.

Posters were upset about the Kessel trade, they will get over this one as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I'll say it again and again, we wouldn't be having this conversation if the cap hadn't gone down. Unfortunate but pre-trade the Bruins were not going to beat Chicago nor Los Angeles in any future cups with the team constituted the way it was.

Very good points....agreed.

Is the team now with its new additions any better equipped to beat Chicago or LA?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Very good points....agreed.

Is the team now with its new additions any better equipped to beat Chicago or LA?

[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow's team is the one we can talk about JM. Free agent to be signed for sure.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

[QUOTE]

In time ?  yes when Eriksson retires Seguin is still playing.

[/QUOTE]

PC probably thinks Seguin's attitude, which seemingly affected his play, is probably something that won't change over time. It'll be interesting to see if he'll thrive and grow up in Dallas but I have my doubts. Out partying in Toronto over games 3 and 4 in the first round this year, missing team buses, leaving an entropic apartmernt in Switzerland, it all stacks up that his mind was not on the game. Makes sense when you see how badly he was underperforming this year.

I'm also happy that the Bs dumped Seguin's ridiculous contract which I'm afraid to say is one of the few mistakes PC has made over the years.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Tomorrow's team is the one we can talk about JM. Free agent to be signed for sure.

True......except there is still not enough cap room for a major addition and the team still does not have its coveted top 6 winger. Plus there is a gap on the third line now.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be pessimistic, this just seems like a lateral move for the present and a loser for the future as it is.

Maybe add Bozak or Grabovski....lol!!! I kid, I kid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

True......except there is still not enough cap room for a major addition and the team still does not have its coveted top 6 winger. Plus there is a gap on the third line now.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be pessimistic, this just seems like a lateral move for the present and a loser for the future as it is.

Maybe add Bozak or Grabovski....lol!!! I kid, I kid.

[/QUOTE]

They will have over 13 mill if Savard is put on LTIR. If Rask signs for 7 then there will still be plenty of cash left.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

From Hockey's Future-

2011-12: Morrow was so impressive in his first training camp with the Pittsburgh Penguins that he almost made the NHL roster out of training camp. However, concerned over a possible lack of ice time, the Penguins re-assigned the defensemen to the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL. Morrow picked up right where he left off with a powerhouse Portland team, posting 17 goals, 47 assists, and 99 penalty minutes in 62 regular season games. He had another impressive playoff performance as well, managing four goals and 13 assists in 22 games.

Talent Analysis

A mobile and aggressive two-way defenseman who can play in all situations, Joe Morrow has seen his stock rise meteorically since his draft year in 2010-11. Playing with poise and maturity far beyond his years, Morrow possesses the ability to retrieve the puck from his own zone and start the play up ice. His puck-distribution ability is top notch and he has a hard and heavy shot that typically hits the net. He also owns a high hockey IQ and does an excellent job of keeping his head up when moving the puck up ice and carrying it along the blue line.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

dez, reading this and the one San provided in another thread about Fraser I'm starting to feel a bit more settled with this trade.  In no way do I think Chiarelli would trade away a supremely talented player for anything less than something that would benefit and impact the overall good of the Bruins. 

Let me ask you what I asked San earlier. Do you think this deal was largely cap-directed or did PC recognize the Bruins lacked something in their overall roster makeup and needed to address it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

lol!!!  Touche.

I guess I underestimated how little PC and the organization valued their leading scorer from the last full season of hockey.

[/QUOTE]

chicago had lots of cap room when they won cup last year.

[/QUOTE]

Cap issues caused the Hawks to part company with Andrew Ladd and Dustin Byfuglien when they won in 2010.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

They will have over 13 mill if Savard is put on LTIR. If Rask signs for 7 then there will still be plenty of cash left.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, fair enough.

Rask-$7million

Backup goalie-$1million

2 forwards and cap room for seasonal moves-$1million left plus Savard's $4million.

Not much there.....