1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: seguin hat trick

By the way, Loui hasn't had a game where he had a "minus" rating yet, and he also is riding a four game point streak. He had 3 points in the first 9 games, and 4 points in the last 4 games. It's called acclimating to your new team. This isn't the first time in professional sports where a player has had to do that.

And let's not overlook how well the Bruins have been playing defensively, and how instrumental the 2nd line has been in that. With limited offensive production, they're still a "plus" line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought this was a horrible trade when it happened....and it's even more of a horrible trade now.  I love the fact that people point to the record in defense of the trade....  to those people who have no clue: How far did the Bruins make it last season in the post season?  Did Seguin play for that team??

Enough said.....  

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they made it to the finals, no thanks to Seguin. Because he kicked a puck loose? He and Jagr were the worst players for the Bruins in the playoffs. I don't think many would argue that. Eriksson had one less goal than Seguin in the playoffs in 22 less games.

The Bruins are 10-2-1 with Loui in the lineup, and 2-3 without him.

When can people just admit that there are cases where both teams win a trade? Seguin wouldn't be putting up those numbers with the Bruins; he just wasn't a fit.

[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point.  The point I'm making is using the Bruins current record as a defense that it was a good trade is silly because last year they were essentially the second best team in the entire league....WITHOUT the trade.  

T.Seguin is quite possibly the best and most explosive player (scoring wise) YOUNG player in the NHL.  Those players do not grow on trees and he has a LONG future in this league.  He will be extremely good when most of the current roster is well past their prime.  

Why they didn't sit with him more and work this rare talent is beyond me....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The Bruins won last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

You're missing the point.  The point I'm making is using the Bruins current record as a defense that it was a good trade is silly because last year they were essentially the second best team in the entire league....WITHOUT the trade.  

T.Seguin is quite possibly the best and most explosive player (scoring wise) YOUNG player in the NHL.  Those players do not grow on trees and he has a LONG future in this league.  He will be extremely good when most of the current roster is well past their prime.  

[/QUOTE]

From everything I've read and seen, they TRIED to sit and work with him, but he wasn't getting the message.

Because he refused to get the message.  If you saw Jack's interview with him, he said that he thought the message when they demoted him to the third line was that they wanted him to be an energy player rather than a scorer.  No one would misunderstand that.

And we all know he was fearsome in the regular season, the playoffs is what the concern was.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I thought this was a horrible trade when it happened....and it's even more of a horrible trade now.  I love the fact that people point to the record in defense of the trade....  to those people who have no clue: How far did the Bruins make it last season in the post season?  Did Seguin play for that team??

Enough said.....  

Yes, they made it to the finals, no thanks to Seguin. Because he kicked a puck loose? He and Jagr were the worst players for the Bruins in the playoffs. I don't think many would argue that. Eriksson had one less goal than Seguin in the playoffs in 22 less games.

When can people just admit that there are cases where both teams win a trade? Seguin wouldn't be putting up those numbers with the Bruins; he just wasn't a fit.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right on! It is beyond your mental capabilities - at least your man enough to admit it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seguin scored 3 yesterday giving him 12 goals.  He scored in one game what loui has till now.  Kid is on fire wait till he gets used to his linemates. Hurts !hurts !hurts! - the booze seems to be slowing him down

[/QUOTE]

It was the Flames remember but all the credit to Tyler, he seems to be developing some chemistry with Benn. The B's are 12-5-1 by the way, 2nd in the east.

[/QUOTE]

That is the key.  The Stars have found a guy that works well with Seguin.  Did the Bruins not have  a guy, is Tyler working harder or was it just CJ's stubbornness that stopped it from happening in Boston?  It is early so we will see over time if he can maintain this level of play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Dsupiid chia he nows not ho ta make diis tem ron preprdly!

sahGu n fo dpresidnte!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fletch, it's time to put the hammer down on your buddy if all he is going to do is start Seguin threads every time TS has a good game.  Yes, we all know he is a good player, but it wasn't going to work here for whatever reason.

If he wants to talk about Seguin, at least stick to one thread, or go to the Dallas board with their other 3 fans.  I don't mind him staying if he plays by the rules, but he is clearly a troll.  

[/QUOTE]

I'll take this stuff 10-1 over the constant "suspension' talk.

[/QUOTE]

Not me

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Enough said.....  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right on! It is beyond your mental capabilities - at least your man enough to admit it.

[/QUOTE]

Thank's for complimenting my manliness Captain Awkward......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Look, PC is playing chess, not checkers.  It is not an issue of obtain the best player and collect them like hockey cards (BB quote), it is insuring that you have the depth and parts needed for a deep playoff run.

This team has a window on the Stanley Cup, it's is NOT rebuilding for the future with young talent.

There is parity in this league, witness how close CBJ was last night.

Either the Bruins put together a team mature for the playoffs or they miss the window.

Baby sitting Tyler Seguin didn't fit into that plan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look, PC is playing chess, not checkers.  It is not an issue of obtain the best player and collect them like hockey cards (BB quote), it is insuring that you have the depth and parts needed for a deep playoff run.

This team has a window on the Stanley Cup, it's is NOT rebuilding for the future with young talent.

Either the Bruins put together a team mature for the playoffs or they miss the window.

[/QUOTE]

A small window?  So they won the Cup with Seguin and went to another one with Seguin....but he didn't fit in because of baby sitting reasons?  I'd rather keep that window you speak about open for a while by mixing good young talent with veterans and have a few possible star that could be groomed (Seguin).  It worked for the Sox...worked for the Pats...even the Celts with Rondo and the big 3....but I see...you'd rather be good for 2 years then take years to rebuild then be good for many years.....pretty sure that IS NOT how 'BB' does things....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seguin can't hold a finger to Tavares or Stamkos, and I'd argue that Hall is a better player.

They went on a great playoff run, sure. But they were hardly dominant in the regular season. Doing well in the playoffs is all about how well the team is playing at the particular time; not necessarily how good they are. In 2011-2012, nobody thought the Kings were the best team in the league, or the Devils were the second best team. So let's not say the Bruins were the 2nd best team in the league because of a playoff run that fell short, especially when that run was a miracle away (a total choke job by Toronto and a total fluke, let's get real here) from being a first round exit. 

SEGUIN didn't want to be a professional or a competitor while he was here. That was very clear, as evidenced by him scoring a whole 3 goals in his last 38 playoff contests (so much for that most explosive argument).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Yes, they won a Cup and had a runner-up with Seguin in the lineup, but aside from that initial spurt against TB his contributions weren't that impressive.  Assuming Eriksson can get back to producing near the level he did in Dallas, the Bruins are still in a place to compete for the next 3-4 years, which is really all that can be reliably planned for in the NHL.  Looking beyond that is just hoping things will pan out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Sooooo........people mention a small window.....but I showed it's a lame argument.  People mentioned the current record...and once again I proved that it's a weak argument.  Now people are saying 'IF' the player we got in trade for Seguin can do well again then we have a chance to be really good....so that's the NEW argument here??  Really?  So after you said that Seguin underperfomed and they did great....you're now saying that the Erikson is underperforming and the B's are doing great in spite of that?? So wouldn't you rather have the player who has an INSANELY HIGH CEILING over the player who is solid?  According to you guys it won't reflect in the record either way!!

WOW.....some of you are the WORST debaters in the history of debating.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A small window?  So they won the Cup with Seguin and went to another one with Seguin....but he didn't fit in because of baby sitting reasons?  I'd rather keep that window you speak about open for a while by mixing good young talent with veterans and have a few possible star that could be groomed (Seguin).  It worked for the Sox...worked for the Pats...even the Celts with Rondo and the big 3....but I see...you'd rather be good for 2 years then take years to rebuild then be good for many years.....pretty sure that IS NOT how 'BB' does things....

[/QUOTE]

Id say that window is still pretty open right now. Tyler Seguin is not on the team anymore.  People need to get over it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Eriksson's point production is underperforming.  His defensive play and other contributions  have largely been fine.  All of team building is an 'if', that includes Seguin doing well in the long-haul.  I think Chiarelli made a judgement call that Seguin would never be the player to drive the team to another championship, especially with Bergeron and Krejci ahead of him in the center depth chart.  This looks like a lateral movement to try to improve chances at a championship in the next several years at the expense of having a star for a decade.  If you want championships, you need the right player in the right role at the right time.  

You've also missed one of the key aspects of this debate: what is happening now isn't as important as what happens in the playoffs.  

As for "insanely high ceiling" that equates to "insanely high cap hit".  I think it's clear Chiarelli prefers to build a roster with balance, rather than around a single star.  Either way, it's still far too early to really judge the fruits of this trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In the form of a question -- marco, seriously, are you going to start a new thread every time Kessel and Seguin has a big game all season long?

A couple threads are fine.  Talking about former Bruin players is fine.  Arguing that the Bruins have made bad trades is fine.

But, repeating the same basic thread every time Kessel or Seguin score 2 or more goals starts to drift into spamming the board with the same topic, over and over.  And, you're definietly starting to annoy a lot of people here.

So get your point out and then let it go.  You love Kessel and Seguin, we all know it.  No spamming.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"In the form of a question -- marco, seriously, are you going to start a new thread every time Kessel and Seguin has a big game all season long?"

Yes!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In the form of a question -- marco, seriously, are you going to start a new thread every time Kessel and Seguin has a big game all season long?

A couple threads are fine.  Talking about former Bruin players is fine.  Arguing that the Bruins have made bad trades is fine.

But, repeating the same basic thread every time Kessel or Seguin score 2 or more goals starts to drift into spamming the board with the same topic, over and over.  And, you're definietly starting to annoy a lot of people here.

So get your point out and then let it go.  You love Kessel and Seguin, we all know it.  No spamming.

[/QUOTE]
    There you go Marco, its great advice, i was mad for a long time when Bobby Orr went to the Blackhawks, but after awhile i didn't mention it to every person i knew time and time again. Keep it to yourself how pissed you are, we know it already.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dsupiid chia he nows not ho ta make diis tem ron preprdly!

sahGu n fo dpresidnte!

[/QUOTE]

Tuukka -Fail is back!
    (backup goaler turned #1 goaler)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seguin was the top scorer for the bruins at 19 That's what matters.  Loui til now can't even help tyler put on his jock.  pc doesn't have good knowledge of young talent that explains his draft record. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course Loui couldn't help Tyler with his jock. You'd just be in the way. PC builds championship teams. That's all that matters to me because I'm a Bruins fan. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

Sooooo........people mention a small window.....but I showed it's a lame argument.  People mentioned the current record...and once again I proved that it's a weak argument.  Now people are saying 'IF' the player we got in trade for Seguin can do well again then we have a chance to be really good....so that's the NEW argument here??  Really?  So after you said that Seguin underperfomed and they did great....you're now saying that the Erikson is underperforming and the B's are doing great in spite of that?? So wouldn't you rather have the player who has an INSANELY HIGH CEILING over the player who is solid?  According to you guys it won't reflect in the record either way!!

WOW.....some of you are the WORST debaters in the history of debating.....

[/QUOTE]

OK Rusty

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Whatever he scores mainly against non playoff teams.

Too bad the Bruins couldn't have played the Flames in last years finals-lol

25. This post has been removed.