Seguin Interview

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

Seguin Interview

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/inside-out-tabloid/Bruins+rookie+patterns+game+after+Yzerman/3986186/story.html

The only thing that bothers me in the article is when the interviewer asks if he's living with one of the bruin players, much like when Crosby was living with Lemieux.  Wouldn't you think it would help his development if he were to be living with Neely or maybe Recchi, at least for one year? And his on the road roommates was Hunwick and now Seidenburg.

I know that he's very mature and maybe doesn't need a mentor, and maybe the organisation didn't want to ruin the chemistry the other players were having in their on the road living arrangements, but if Seguin is to be the cornerstone of this franchise for years to come, wouldn't they pay a little more attention to him especially during these very important learning years? Now i'm sure Seids is a great guy and so was Hunwick, but I think Tyler would benefit more from Recchi or Savy. Much like a Bergs and Caron bond.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Seguin Interview

They can't "force"him to live with someone, and lemieux was a owner/player, lifetime pengiun.. The bruins don't have a current player who has that level of maturity, I mean realistically, Bergeron is the most senior "bruin" at this point, at 25, has the most years with the team..

I also doubt any bruins player has a home nearly equivalent to the home mario had in pittsburg, most of these guys have a main home not in boston, and I am sure are not looking for a roommate in some 2 bedroom they rent for the season..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Interview:
    [QUOTE]They can't "force"him to live with someone, and lemieux was a owner/player, lifetime pengiun.. The bruins don't have a current player who has that level of maturity, I mean realistically, Bergeron is the most senior "bruin" at this point, at 25, has the most years with the team.. I also doubt any bruins player has a home nearly equivalent to the home mario had in pittsburg, most of these guys have a main home not in boston, and I am sure are not looking for a roommate in some 2 bedroom they rent for the season..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing and I do understand your point, yet he's only an 18 year old kid. In montreal they had Price living with Gainey till not long ago. I think that maybe alittle Neely influence would do him good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

God I love this kid. 

Biggest thing he bought since signing an NHL contract is a 2008 Range Rover Sport.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Gogo,
    theres not a lot to it, i mean he could be living in a complex where other players live etc.. don't know the specifics about Gainey and price's relationship, but cam's not a GM, he's a president..
    Also most of these are guys who are being expected to "save" a franchise, they are the instant franchise players, halak didnt get moved because of cost or play, he was moved to eliminate the threat he posed on price..

Seguin isn't getting special treatment and isnt being handed anything, I am fine with that.  Kids live alone at 18 all the time, being payed to take care of yourself and play hockey at 18 isn't nearly as demanding as what many go through.. I get the feeling your looking for a story, or want a touching story that isnt there..

Ovechkin moved over from russia speaking english poorly and lived alone, he turned out ok..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]God I love this kid.  Biggest thing he bought since signing an NHL contract is a 2008 Range Rover Sport.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

There are lots of reasons to be happy about Seggy Stardust, but BadHab?  Friend don't let friends get away with sounding like their petitioning for membership in NAMBLA.

The ink's barely dry.  Give him time to wander into Cartier.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

[QUOTE]Gogo, theres not a lot to it, i mean he could be living in a complex where other players live etc.. don't know the specifics about Gainey and price's relationship, but cam's not a GM, he's a president.. Also most of these are guys who are being expected to "save" a franchise, they are the instant franchise players, halak didnt get moved because of cost or play, he was moved to eliminate the threat he posed on price.. Seguin isn't getting special treatment and isnt being handed anything, I am fine with that.  Kids live alone at 18 all the time, being payed to take care of yourself and play hockey at 18 isn't nearly as demanding as what many go through.. I get the feeling your looking for a story, or want a touching story that isnt there.. Ovechkin moved over from russia speaking english poorly and lived alone, he turned out ok..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Again I understand and respect your opinion, but the interviewer asked Seguin if the bruins made him room with a veteran, like the Penguins did with Crosby. That was my point. I thought it was worth a discussion.
    I'm not looking for a touching story, i'm just confused with the way the bruins are handling Seguin. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Great interview!  In fact, it only solidifies my positive opinion(s) of Tyler Seguin.