Seguin, Marchand & Jagr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Seguin, Marchand & Jagr

It's gut wrench time boys! You're playing well & getting chances, but enough is enough. If the B's have a hope in hell you 3 need to start scoring. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Re: Seguin, Marchand & Jagr

These three are the key to game six.  It is crunch time and the back of the net needs to be found by  one of these guys if not two.  The Lucic line has stepped it up all series, now the others need to bring it.  Wouldn't mind a little more taste of that Merlot line either.  They bring an uptempo burst of energy when their skates touch the ice and Chicago has a hard time with them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I agree - 2 games left, remember why you started playing and what you dreamed of as a kid - playing in game 6 and 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals - and have fun with this.  Let your skill take over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i've given up all hope on Jagr potting one....  with Bergy down, Marchand will find it even harder than it's been so far this series....  as for Seguin, he's playing with third-liners with limited offensive upside....

not saying the last two won't score but if the B'S are to pull it off it's going to have to rest on the shoulders of the top line....  along with a little help from the D-Corps & Tuukka....

and this is very do-able....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I too feel you could go this direction of Seguin, Marchand with Jagr. But consider that Soderberg won 4 of 5 faceoffs when Krecji couldn't buy one, and consider that Jagr with Soderberg showed a little bit of life in the last 2 periods, I'm compelled to keep Soderberg with Marchand and Jagr. But my call was to put Seguin with Krecji and Lucic because I feel like Horton has been a shadow of his early-playoff performance---and we can tell that upper body injury has taken its toll on him. He's not shooting, he's not making plays and he's leaving things to be a 2-man line.

Seguin-Krecji-Lucic
    Jagr-Soderberg-Marchand
    Horton-Peverly-Kelly
    Thornton-Paille-Caron/Daugavins....that's how I see a possibility of getting 3 lines going.

Yes, everyone feels it's the Lucic-Krecji-Horton line that is working, don't break it up, and I see it as improving it to score with Seguin.

My 2 cents.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I was hoping for a revival of the Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin line,this series, but aside from a Jagr injury, I guess it would never happen.

If Bergeron cannot play tomorrow, I would like to see Marchand and Seguin re-united, with Kelly as the center, to form the 2nd line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Careful, don't be critical of the Bruins lest you be called a troll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

see, and I like your thinking biggskye, but I really think Seguin needs to be with a guy who can pass-Krecji--and a guy who can clog the lane-and cause traffic--Lucic--allowing Tyler to get loose down low or at least get a good shot off on a 1-timer and such. Horton is bringing down that line of late, but I think a lot of people are ignoring that because the line has produced so much during the entire playoffs.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Which game did they play well? The have been dominated by Chicago. If not for Rask they would have been swept.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

It's gut wrench time boys! You're playing well & getting chances, but enough is enough. If the B's have a hope in hell you 3 need to start scoring.

I would add Horton to this mix Nite. He needs to start getting to the net and with the puck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]It's gut wrench time boys! You're playing well & getting chances, but enough is enough. If the B's have a hope in hell you 3 need to start scoring.

I would add Horton to this mix Nite. He needs to start getting to the net and with the puck.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but with a bum shoulder I'm giving him a break. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

sandog, i'm convinced Horton's injury has affected his play and caught up to him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE]It's gut wrench time boys! You're playing well & getting chances, but enough is enough. If the B's have a hope in hell you 3 need to start scoring.

[/QUOTE]

I cant help but think he is playing bang ed up. I realize alot of them are hurt but I think he is injured, he hasnt been the same since. Too bad because he was playing so well before that.

With Bergeron or without him, Seguin,Marchand and Jagr have to put the puck in the net these final games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

kelv, and that's why I'm pushing for Seguin to join that line not the Jagr/Marchand where Soderberg is a perfect middle for those 2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

yup. and if bergy doesn't play they should all be on the same line. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I too feel you could go this direction of Seguin, Marchand with Jagr. But consider that Soderberg won 4 of 5 faceoffs when Krecji couldn't buy one, and consider that Jagr with Soderberg showed a little bit of life in the last 2 periods, I'm compelled to keep Soderberg with Marchand and Jagr. But my call was to put Seguin with Krecji and Lucic because I feel like Horton has been a shadow of his early-playoff performance---and we can tell that upper body injury has taken its toll on him. He's not shooting, he's not making plays and he's leaving things to be a 2-man line.

Seguin-Krecji-Lucic
    Jagr-Soderberg-Marchand
    Horton-Peverly-Kelly
    Thornton-Paille-Caron/Daugavins....that's how I see a possibility of getting 3 lines going.

Yes, everyone feels it's the Lucic-Krecji-Horton line that is working, don't break it up, and I see it as improving it to score with Seguin.

My 2 cents.

I like it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Its easy to criticize the Bs in the Finals but unless you've actually been there you've no idea what its like. Just saying 'Oh man, try harder!' ain't gonna work. I'm sure Seguin, Marchand and Jagr are trying their best. It just isn't as easy as that. And they're certainly doing better than anyone on this forum could ever hope to do.

Still, there's two things to consider:

1) Despite winning the Cup the Bs still really do miss Savard.

2) Despite sweeping the Pens the Bruins also really do miss Gregory 'The Iron Spark Plug' Campbell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I wouldn't short sell Paille on a 4th line. And the loss of Campbell hurts more if Bergeron is out. My 2 cents. CJ needs to press the guys' offensive mindset without letting them lobe lax on D. Tough but just have to believe in their SPEED. People forget the Bs can be fast. Game 4 anyone?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Its easy to criticize the Bs in the Finals but unless you've actually been there you've no idea what its like. Just saying 'Oh man, try harder!' ain't gonna work. I'm sure Seguin, Marchand and Jagr are trying their best. It just isn't as easy as that. And they're certainly doing better than anyone on this forum could ever hope to do.

Still, there's two things to consider:

1) Despite winning the Cup the Bs still really do miss Savard.

2) Despite sweeping the Pens the Bruins also really do miss Gregory 'The Iron Spark Plug' Campbell.

I'm not critizing. Pat Kane was mia at parts during these play-offs and he found a way, by stepping up. Seguin has the same type of akill as Kane does. Not as flashy, but he has to show he can find a way to step up in critical situations like Kane has. Marchand doesn't have a point in the final. He's proven to be a game breaker and that is needed from him. Jagr is a HOF'er and he needs to bury it. I know it's not easy, but great players find a way. These 3 have been good, but they need to b great! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Whats the saying, big time games are for big time players, or something like that.There is no time like the present for these guys.