Seguin no PP time??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Seguin no PP time??

I don't get it... Julien is out of his mind..
    Seguin, the top "future" offensive talent on the Bruins doesn't get any PP time? At least he should be on the 2nd unit instead of Ryder.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Seguin no PP time??

Shawn Thornton had more PP time than Seguin tonight.

It's Claude Julien, what do you expect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Jeff skinner is having alot of fun.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

In Response to Seguin no PP time??:
    [QUOTE]I don't get it... Julien is out of his mind.. Seguin, the top "future" offensive talent on the Bruins doesn't get any PP time? At least he should be on the 2nd unit instead of Ryder.
    Posted by POWERSURGE[/QUOTE]

agree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get it... Julien is out of his mind.. Seguin, the top "future" offensive talent on the Bruins doesn't get any PP time? At least he should be on the 2nd unit instead of Ryder.
    I also question Ryder over Seguin but he'll get his PP time soon enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

At the very very least he should be out there instead of Ryder. 
    He should be on the 1st pp unit for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Seguin no PP time??:[QUOTE]I don't get it... Julien is out of his mind.. Seguin, the top "future" offensive talent on the Bruins doesn't get any PP time? At least he should be on the 2nd unit instead of Ryder.

As mentioned keeping Ryder out there as much as possible for more goals to try and dump him if LA doesn't want Sturm. Chiarelli needs to get it straight to Julien that Seguin needs to be on the PP I am not understanding why he is being held back either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

The Bruins PP haven't look great at all this year..  I think the powerplay units should to be tweaked for the next game. I would test the following:

Unit 1

Horton Savard Lucic
    Seidenberg Chara

Unit 2

Seguin Krecji Recchi
    Bergeron  Boychuk

Lucic and Recchi are in front of the net; Savard and Krecji are the passing/PP play making; Chara and Boychuk have the lethal shot...

In my mind this would make a lethal Bruins PP!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

On a side note..

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20112ALLAAAAll&sort=roadAdvantages&viewName=powerPlay

The bruins dont earn alot of power plays. Its not like tampa or phili who have ridiculous amounts of PP time. the bruins are in the bottom half for home and road power plays.

If they had an abundance of PP's im sure seguin would have seen more time by now, but the way the bruins are playing of late, they arent earning any breaks, and thats tightening up the lines.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin no PP time??:[QUOTE]On a side note.. http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20112ALLAAAAll&sort=roadAdvantages&viewName=powerPlay The bruins dont earn alot of power plays. Its not like tampa or phili who have ridiculous amounts of PP time. the bruins are in the bottom half for home and road power plays. If they had an abundance of PP's im sure seguin would have seen more time by now, but the way the bruins are playing of late, they arent earning any breaks, and thats tightening up the lines.Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

Very true as the Bruins are not a very fast skating team. They do not draw allot of penalties good point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

How many chances you get on the PP doesn't really make a difference when you've played over 20 games, reference your PP%.
    Even tonight the PP goal was not your typical 5-4 goal. 

My problem is that the Bruins are not even having good powerplay chances; they rarely get setup properly and give themselves a chance to score; hopefully Savy changes that in the near future..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

I hope savvy changes it, and more importantly, imagine the options if sturm stays.... I think PP% is important, dont get me wrong, but if they are having these problems, like last year, at the end of the season when they have more opportunites and players have no excuse.. thats when im gonna really start to question who is running the PP on the coaches side.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

whine whine whine complain complain complain witch witch witch

No matter what the result, win or lose, it is always the same out you clowns.

whine whine whine complain complain complain witch witch witch

Go take your pink hats and leave this fan base.  Most of us are sick of you clowns. Not one of you have any hockey experience except for your x-box 360.  If you clowns knew so much, why are none of you working in the NHL....

Oh that's right, you don't know anything but whine whine whine complain complain complain witch witch witch .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Um, Michael Ryder has more assists than Seguin has points and is a legit NHL 30 goal scorer. Seguin is a rookie who has a lot to learn.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

I like Ryder , don't get me wrong. But Seguin would be more a threat on the PP than Ryder, and Seguin needs some confidence booster not Ryder..
    It comes down to who is the future for the Bruins offense....

And the legit 30 goal scorer  happened  only twice with  another team 4 years ago; not with the Bruins... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin no PP time??:
    [QUOTE]I like Ryder , don't get me wrong. But Seguin would be more a threat on the PP than Ryder, and Seguin needs some confidence booster not Ryder.. It comes down to who is the future for the Bruins offense.... And the legit 30 goal scorer  happened  only twice with  another team 4 years ago; not with the Bruins... 

Seriously go back to Fenway and put your pink cap on, you're not needed in the hockey world.  You have very little undertanding about development or anything remotely dealing with hockey.  You play xbox NHL and think it translates into the real world.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

[QUOTE]I like Ryder , don't get me wrong. But Seguin would be more a threat on the PP than Ryder, and Seguin needs some confidence booster not Ryder.. It comes down to who is the future for the Bruins offense.... And the legit 30 goal scorer  happened  only twice with  another team 4 years ago; not with the Bruins... 

I think it boils down more than just between seguin and ryder. I want to see seguin on the power play just as bad as you do, trust me, but this season has shown seguin is not strong on the puck. he has to be more comfortbale, confident, and reliable for before CJ puts him out there.  Now in certain scoring situations, OT, late in tied games, i wanna see the kid get his feet wet. But carefully.. we arent in a rebuilding phase.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Hmm Ssags ..

Never been to Fenway..
    Never seen a Bruins pink hat  ( would look good on my wife though!)
    Never played Xbox hockey....

But I've probably watch more hockey than you.. It's pretty much the only sport I care about...

But I never can tell; you could be over 60 years old and a Habs fan....You do seem to have a studdering problem...
    Also, you do seem to like the color pink for some reason. You keep mentionning it in all your posts. Check the Bruins store; they might have the pink hat that you so desire.
    I'm sorry but you kind of sound like an idiot; just like a Habs fan... so negative and have no reason to post than to whine about other posters...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Julien's way of thinking it is called "seniority" or the "union way". I get it, but it is what killed American industry.

Thankfully, this is hockey. Thankfully, Tyler has a head on his shoulders and is respectful.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

POWERSURGE - Ryder is having a good season and deserves to be on the powerplay. Julien is rewarding players that play well in practice and in games. I don't see how that doesn't foster competition and development.

I personally will say I perform better when pressed and when I feel I have to earn it. If I'm given something, I take it for granted. Why not use this psychology with the team. Makes sense to me.

Seguin will earn his playing time and power play time. Giving it to him will not help his development, making him work for it will.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]POWERSURGE - Ryder is having a good season and deserves to be on the powerplay. Julien is rewarding players that play well in practice and in games. I don't see how that doesn't foster competition and development. I personally will say I perform better when pressed and when I feel I have to earn it. If I'm given something, I take it for granted. Why not use this psychology with the team. Makes sense to me. Seguin will earn his playing time and power play time. Giving it to him will not help his development, making him work for it will.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Ryder has played well!!!??  What games are you watching?  Points aren't the full measure of whether you are playing well or not.  He is erratic, lazy, a lousy skater, not physical and he plays the odd good game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I've been watching the Bruins without the "I hate Ryder glasses" on. He looks a lot better if you take those off. Has he played up to his contract and ability, no, but has he played well thus far? I think so. He's been playing solid with limited minutes until they switched him to the line with Krejic and Wheeler. It also seems like he's shooting the puck better too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I was a big fan of the Savard, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Chara unit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I was a big fan of the Savard, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Chara unit.
    Posted by matttt87[/QUOTE]
    They were moving the puck really well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I agree dez, had really great movement, had a couple solid shots while collecting rebounds and keeping the puck in the zone. I believe there was a crossbar or two? I just liked the entire unit as a whole, thought it meshed and executed as well as you can without scoring.