Seguin out hurts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManBearPig99. Show ManBearPig99's posts

Seguin out hurts!

Ok I've been lurking around a while here just reading the thoughts of others but after the Jets game I had to post. 

Now to be clear I understand that Seguin was scratched for missing the team breakfast, and I am in no way suggesting he should not have been, rules are rules and should be applied to all.  Nor am I suggesting Seguin alone holds the key to victory.

BUT, that second line did not look nearly as quick or dangerous as it has throughout this streak.  Seguin clearly has a big impact on that line and they have been my favorite line to watch out there all throughout November.  That line needs to be firing on all cylinders because when they are it's a beautiful thing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Seguin out hurts!

Corvo played his worst game of the year and Rask couldn't bail him out. Jets wanted it more. Some crazy calls going both ways. And it was still a very close game!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin out hurts!:
    [QUOTE]Corvo played his worst game of the year and Rask couldn't bail him out. Jets wanted it more. Some crazy calls going both ways. And it was still a very close game!!!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    I've stopped harping on how bad Corvo has been. His good moments are few and far between.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Hey Dez, while I wouldn't go as far as saying, "his good moments are few and far between." I have had mixed feelings about him. I guess the real question is, "Are there better options right now?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

The answer is no but Corvo is terrible right now and is why he is with Sidenberg every night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

He completely gave up on the Little goal. Could have easily put some pressure on little but no, he was gliding back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Dez, while I wouldn't go as far as saying, "his good moments are few and far between." I have had mixed feelings about him. I guess the real question is, "Are there better options right now?"
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    If you're able to recall his good plays then you've got a far better memory than I do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

http://www.csnne.com/pages/v11_videodetail?PID=uvXM2-GVl8mDQ7m5VORdDH30sYtqWV4Re13HbT

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin out hurts! : If you're able to recall his good plays then you've got a far better memory than I do.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
     coming from "the king of positive spin"....this is saying something. i wholeheartedly agree. at this point he's the weakest link on D, BUT, he's still better than most other teams' #6 d-man. oh well 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Corvo is a giveaway machine how can this guy give up the puck coming out of his own zone, its like he just doesn't sense the pressure or can't see it .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bob1957. Show bob1957's posts

maybe Corvo should sit down for a few games and put Kampfer in

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I don't how we went from Seguin to Corvo on this post. Seguin will play tonight and be on fire. For Corvo, he good in the o zone but the d zone YIKES!!!!!!!!

I feel we can trade Corvo around deadline the Bruins mngt. are always patient when dealing d men.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Seguin sitting out could have, and should have, lasting benefits. Corvo is playing the same way he played in Carolina. I'm sure Chiarelli thought Claude's system, Claude's perspective, and the Team as a whole, could augment Corvo's good offensive skills. They have, as far as offense goes, but his lack of defensive capability, or commitment , needs to be addressed. Let's see how Chiarelli solves this problem since Kamfer is only an interim fix.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

In addition, relative to Seguin. He has skills we have rarely noticed in a Bruins uniform. Coincidently, Caron filled in, played his solid positional and skating game; did not make any mistakes, but, he's not Seguin, just like there was only one Mike Bossy. Caron's play deserves more ice time, let's see how Claude deals with this, and how Claude helps Caron continue to develop as an NHL player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

I think last night Caron made another case that he deserves more ice time - albeit on the 3rd line.  Tyler was definatley missed out there by 37, 63.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Obviously, when your leading scorer is in the press box it's not helpful to the team on the ice.
    Regarding Corvo, I see it different than most of you. I'll agree he had a shakey game against the peg. But overall I have seen improvement from him as he sloooowly adjusts to Claude's system. He is used to playing man to man and this zone stuff has him out of position too often in his own end. But I see it happening less and less and he has been improving offensively as well. Some other threads here have commented on how well the B's D-men pinch in and how they get more involved in the offense this year. You can credit Corvo as being one of the better guys on the team at this. Give him (and the rest of the D) some defensive value for how they keep the puck in the other end so well and prevent the other team from getting clean breakouts and moving the puck in to the B's end. The best defense is a good offense, eh?

If that doesn't help you feel better about Corvo, just remember who he replaced

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

you could see the fury in seguin's eyes sitting up in that press box.  hope the kid has a big night tonight. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin out hurts! :  coming from "the king of positive spin"....this is saying something. i wholeheartedly agree. at this point he's the weakest link on D, BUT, he's still better than most other teams' #6 d-man. oh well 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    That's the nicest thing I've been called on this board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Everyone with the moniker "puck moving defenseman" has give-aways. Wideman did. Hunwick did. Morris did. Kaberle did. The job description is balancing risk/reward, and giving that individual special license to take those risks. With those other guys, the balance was waaaay out of whack. The elite guys (Letang, Lidstrom, etc.) are elite because they take chances and don't screw them up.
    Corvo is more conservative than most that fill the role, but he still is going to take some chances, and they will occasionally bite him... but considering who we've had in the past, who was available, and what the Bruins pay for Corvo, he's helped the breakouts and the offense, and hasn't made TOO many mistakes that ended up in the net. Think of what those other guys did. Compare that to what Corvo's done. Corvo wins. Think who ranks above him and if the Bruins could have gotten them, or afforded them.
    Corvo isn't an ace. But he's a peice that works for this team MOST of the time. I'll take that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone with the moniker "puck moving defenseman" has give-aways. Wideman did. Hunwick did. Morris did. Kaberle did. The job description is balancing risk/reward, and giving that individual special license to take those risks. With those other guys, the balance was waaaay out of whack. The elite guys (Letang, Lidstrom, etc.) are elite because they take chances and don't screw them up. Corvo is more conservative than most that fill the role, but he still is going to take some chances, and they will occasionally bite him... but considering who we've had in the past, who was available, and what the Bruins pay for Corvo, he's helped the breakouts and the offense, and hasn't made TOO many mistakes that ended up in the net. Think of what those other guys did. Compare that to what Corvo's done. Corvo wins. Think who ranks above him and if the Bruins could have gotten them, or afforded them. Corvo isn't an ace. But he's a peice that works for this team MOST of the time. I'll take that.
    Posted by Tommy617[/QUOTE]
    Corvo is awful. I watched Wideman play against the Sens last night and I thought he played great. I get the risk/reward angle. I'm just not noticing the rewards. I'd rather see Kampfer dress for some games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think Corvo has at least taken more shots in 1 game than Kaberle did in his whole stay in Boston. The shots haven't gone in yet but at least Joe is shooting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think Corvo has at least taken more shots in 1 game than Kaberle did in his whole stay in Boston. The shots haven't gone in yet but at least Joe is shooting.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    Too many shots blocked for a break the other way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin out hurts! : Too many shots blocked for a break the other way.

Dez, when feeling down about our friend Joe just remember it could be worse. We may have had Kaberle at twice the price.

As you said a while ago, this may be the only positive but, nevertheless, it is one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin out hurts! : Dez, when feeling down about our friend Joe just remember it could be worse. We may have had Kaberle at twice the price. As you said a while ago, this may be the only positive but, nevertheless, it is one.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I hear you Jay. He's got 1 more point and he's landed 18 more shots. Woo-hoo!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin out hurts! : Yeah I hear you Jay. He's got 1 more point and he's landed 18 more shots. Woo-hoo!

Definitely cause for celebration....hehe