Seguin over Bergeron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Seguin over Bergeron

Chara and Seguin were just added to the all-star lineup, but Bergeron was snubbed.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=611247&navid=DL|NHL|home

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Seguin over Bergeron

I think it's a snub but in a game that lacks defense, fine by me. The skills competition is the only watchable part of the all-star weekend and for that, I'd rather see Seguin.

Bergeron will win the Selke this year, that'll be sweeter IMO.

Besides, the B's got all the recognition I needed when they won the cup as a team last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm glad that bergeron will get time to rest. Don't know who the selectors are, but who cares?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Tough call.  Guy with flashier skills, or guy with better over-all game.  I wonder how far down the injury-reserve list Bergeron is?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin over Bergeron:
    [QUOTE]Tough call.  Guy with flashier skills, or guy with better over-all game.  I wonder how far down the injury-reserve list Bergeron is?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Based on what the were saying in the pre-selection, likely first or second.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Glad Seguin will get the opportuntiy but there is no doubt Bergeron is much more deserving. He has been a much better overall player and much more consistent. That is not a slight on Seguin but more of a reflection on how good Bergeron has been.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Full Roster
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=76666

No way that Buff should be there. Enstrom or Kane are far more deserving.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Bergy makes that line work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

Bergeron definitely deserves it but I'm glas he'll get to rest. The sad thing is that our guys will almost certainly have to be teammates with Canucks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

uh, they could have picked both. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]uh, they could have picked both. 
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]
    True enough.  In place of Koivu maybe?  I'm not sure it's enough of a difference to override the "We want someone from each team" desire of the NHL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManBearPig99. Show ManBearPig99's posts

Bergy isn't a stats player, most people submit picks based on stats.  Don't get me wrong he's one of the most valuable players on the Bruins but stats aren't kept on his impact in games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]Bergy isn't a stats player, most people submit picks based on stats.  Don't get me wrong he's one of the most valuable players on the Bruins but stats aren't kept on his impact in games.
    Posted by ManBearPig99[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Bergeron is a hell of a player and a player I would want to build my team around, but he's not an "All-star game player".  All-Star games are all about the offense and high end skill.  Bergeron has high end skill, but not the same type of high end skill that Seguin has.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes, Seguin plays a more entertaining game and in a no check allstar game he'll hopefully pot a goal or 2. The torch is being passed and Segs will be a 30-45 goal offensive player every year, while Bergy will put in his 20 goas and 35 helpers. Two totally different players, and you need both kinds to win in this league. I think Bergy likes flying under the radar anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, Seguin plays a more entertaining game and in a no check allstar game he'll hopefully pot a goal or 2. The torch is being passed and Segs will be a 30-45 goal offensive player every year, while Bergy will put in his 20 goas and 35 helpers. Two totally different players, and you need both kinds to win in this league. I think Bergy likes flying under the radar anyway.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    So are you predicting Bergeron will only get 19 more points in the last 43 games?  I expect he'll be at 55 points with 20 games left.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Thats ok Bergy WILL BE THERE IN 2014 to win another Gold Medal

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

ALLSTAR =

Not deserving of the dis i was gonna put there. Ok, its a joke.....

You are all correct in saying Bergy is much more than stats on a sheet. Do you ever notice that Bricks and Edwards are always giving credit to where credit is do when it comes to Bergy. They see it, We See it,(those who know hockey). Seguin may have more skill than Bergy ( I have yet to see any huge proof that proves it) but Bergy's on ice play and knowledge of the game with decision making, is so much more than Seguins. He and Marchand are making Seguin a better player. I actually think Marchand is a really smart player. Does everything right. Its why Marchand and Bergy play the PK. Just so good at what they do. As much as I like Seguin, I would take Bergy and Marchand over him first.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I would like to see Bergy finaly get some notice and reconition throught out the league and get selected but I think we as bruins fans are the only ones that see his truth worth. I have no problem with Seguin getting in and as others have said the allstar game is usualy based on offensive numbers. Funny Bergy doesn;t make allstar games yet he was selected to play for team canada in the olympics wich is a bigger honor in my opinion when there is so many geat players from the country to choose from. As far as the selke I would love to see him win it he is long over due imo. One thing I hate about the nhl awards they have seem to become somewhat of a repuation award and not for who had the best season in most cases. Lidstrom is a great is a sure fire hall of famer but last year was a total joke he got the norris. A norris trophey winner who was a minus on the season is a total joke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I would like to see Bergy finaly get some notice and reconition throught out the league and get selected but I think we as bruins fans are the only ones that see his truth worth. I have no problem with Seguin getting in and as others have said the allstar game is usualy based on offensive numbers. Funny Bergy doesn;t make allstar games yet he was selected to play for team canada in the olympics wich is a bigger honor in my opinion when there is so many geat players from the country to choose from. As far as the selke I would love to see him win it he is long over due imo. One thing I hate about the nhl awards they have seem to become somewhat of a repuation award and not for who had the best season in most cases. Lidstrom is a great is a sure fire hall of famer but last year was a total joke he got the norris. A norris trophey winner who was a minus on the season is a total joke.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    LucicM, I'd bet that Bergeron gets plenty of credit where it matters-from the other players in the league. Bergeron is another in a long line of Bruins that even the opposition respects. Orr, Bourque, Neely, etc. were players that all hockey fans loved, regardless of who they cheered for. Bergeron is the same sort of player in that respect. I've never seen or heard anything negative about Bergeron (outside of this forum that is).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

So are you predicting Bergeron will only get 19 more points in the last 43 games?  I expect he'll be at 55 points with 20 games left. -Dezaruchi

No, I mean as an average annual output. This year he'll be well above that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]So are you predicting Bergeron will only get 19 more points in the last 43 games?  I expect he'll be at 55 points with 20 games left. -Dezaruchi No, I mean as an average annual output. This year he'll be well above that.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    Point taken but I think the concussion issues have skewed his average totals. He's already had seasons of 70 and 73 points and he's on pace to beat that this year. I see him as a 70 point guy now that he's found his game again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

It's good for the kid, he has had a good year, he has earned it. 

Berg is one of the best in the game, a truly complete player.  He will have nothing but good thoughts for Seg. He doesn't need the accolades, he knows his own confidence and competence and hopefully get his well earned rest.  He will be called upon again when Team Canada wants another GOLD.  Juniors, Worlds, Olympics and oh yeah the Stanley Cup, we all know who to call when winning is important.

Formerly
    No4Bobby Orr-GOAT

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Saw a fun comment on tsn on who should be the two captains... Team Kessell vs. Team Seguin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yawn, why didn't the Bs have more on the all star game roster.  Team play is not factored, what is factored is cultural, national, and individual stats. All sports all star games are a huge bore.  I like the skills program though in hockey, basketball, and to limited point Baseball.  The NFL Pro Bowl is a joke!  Players claiming they cannot be on the squads cause the have fungus in thier toenails!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not much room for a defensive forward with zero flash at the ASG.  His game is awesome, but it sure isn't exciting.