Seguin Progress Report

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Seguin Progress Report

Say what you will about his alleged "failure to live up to expectations" I think he has progressed exponentially over the last few games and will likely put together a solid rookie season overall.

By the way, considering his icetime (just over 12 mins a game) his numbers are not too bad (54g 10g 10a 20p) and are projected to be better then PK in his rookie season (70g 11g 18a 29p). It should further be mentioned that PK had more icetime in that year (over 15min) and a very Phil-like minus 12.

I do not want to get into the Seguin-Kessel debate again but just want to put things into perspective. If Seguin keeps it up he will quietly have for himself a decent year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Seguin Progress Report

His last three games he has gone to the dirty ares, has gotten back, hit (as much as he can), and has crashed the net. The last 3 games have been his best. The kid has amazing talent, I cannot wait to see him at his best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

The other thing is that I think Seguin has shown a desire to learn, although it may be happening slower than we all hoped for.  Kessel even today seems to be unwilling to change his game.  Sure he will here and there, but he still likes to really only play the offensive side of the game and prefers to shoot from the outside and have the big rushes while staying away from the dirty areas on the ice. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Seguin Progress Report:
    [QUOTE]Say what you will about his alleged "failure to live up to expectations" I think he has progressed exponentially over the last few games and will likely put together a solid rookie season overall. By the way, considering his icetime (just over 12 mins a game) his numbers are not too bad (54g 10g 10a 20p) and are projected to be better then PK in his rookie season (70g 11g 18a 29p). It should further be mentioned that PK had more icetime in that year (over 15min) and a very Phil-like minus 12. I do not want to get into the Seguin-Kessel debate again but just want to put things into perspective. If Seguin keeps it up he will quietly have for himself a decent year.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Honesty , I thought last night was his best game as Bruin. He seemed to be more involved physically, made some real nice plays at both ends of the ice...hope he keeps it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

he has shown improvment over the past couple weeks...i like what i see. curious to see where he fits in when kelly arrives tonight(does he sit again?). regardless,lets hope the come out flying again and bury the sens. go b's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

I have no issues with the progress that Seguin has made.  He is being asked to do more than any other rookie defensively.  They are forcing him to play solid in all 3 zones, which is hard considering when he was in the OHL they let him run loose..  If he ends up with 15g and 15a it would be a good year considering what he has learned that does not show up on the score sheet. Next year at this time we are going to be talking about him trying to get to 25 goals. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Did you see CJ coaching Seguin on the bench last nite ? Seguin looked bored while CJ was talking to him, then Segin gave a good exasperated facial expression and shook his head.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The optimal assumption is that if Seguin at 18 is better than Kessel in his rookie year at 20, bigger and stronger, more coachable, and already better defensively then he will have a great career ahead of him....excellent trade.

This will be the last time I compare the two......this year anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Stuke Julien will probably reward Seguin with 4th line duties with Kelly in the lineup tonight. Give the kid more ice time!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Why do you guys always assume that what CJ is talking to Seguin about is just being ignored.Like Julien or not he knows more about the game than any of the posters on these boards period!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

He is still so young ...but shows that he has so much talent ...he almost scored two last night ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

You cant make assumptions based on what you see from a television. this guy looked..... that guy looked........perecption isnt reality.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

look like he is being scratched for his effort...

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/02/game_59_bruins.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He's fine.  He'll probably score more goals than Horton!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

did notice that exchange between clode/seguin....there's no telling what was said, BUT- being a coach myself(wrestling), when critiqueing a young athlete, all i want to hear is "yes coach"- i don't want to hear anything but that-nod and say yes coach. as far as vets... they get to voice their opinions-within reason. it looked to me seguin said more than yes coach-  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Progress Report:
    [QUOTE]did notice that exchange between clode/seguin....there's no telling what was said, BUT- being a coach myself(wrestling), when critiqueing a young athlete, all i want to hear is "yes coach"- i don't want to hear anything but that-nod and say yes coach. as far as vets... they get to voice their opinions-within reason. it looked to me seguin said more than yes coach-  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    What if the athlete/kid is just asking for clarification?  It's not the army.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Played well last night but if you watch him on D, he sometimes forgets to pick his man up. Happened last night on the 3rd goal. Once he starts being more responsible in the defensive end, he'll be on the ice more in the 3rd (likely more with Kelly coming in).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

another thing to consider is he will very likely get some playoff experience this year which is a great thing to have.  Not many top 5 picks get to play in the playoffs there first season.  Im fine with his progress. could be better but im fine with it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]another thing to consider is he will very likely get some playoff experience this year which is a great thing to have.  Not many top 5 picks get to play in the playoffs there first season.  Im fine with his progress. could be better but im fine with it
    Posted by mik802[/QUOTE]

If Julien decides to play him in the playoffs. Remember how much Claude likes his experienced players. It is likely, if he could, Julien would scratch Seguin and bring up Whitfield or a Whitfield-type player....sucks but it is true for better or worse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

jm - that is a posibility but i have a feeling that wont happen.  Seguin has been there all year.  I think he could continue to have minimized ice time in the playoffs which is more likely to happen than a scratch but u never know. This is all my opinion anyways so it more or less means nothing lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]he has shown improvment over the past couple weeks...i like what i see. curious to see where he fits in when kelly arrives tonight(does he sit again?). regardless,lets hope the come out flying again and bury the sens. go b's
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    I don't think he can be sat after last nights' performance.He was easily one  of the Bruins most dangerous players.The whole line looked good actually and that bodes well for the rest of the season and playoffs.If Seguin,Ryder,and Wheeler keep it up it'll be like having made a major trade......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Im sorry but calling this kid a bust , he hasnt lived up to expectations etc is B.S. ... This kid is 18 , has a girls body and i mean that in the nicest way ... look at his ice-time , every 2-3 weeks people want to send him down ... Give the kid some honest ice-time and stop thinking he's Crosby in Black n Gold. He has a great shot , can skate for days , good hands and for his size , he doesnt just shy away from contact. Lmao does anyone remember 18 on this board , i do. Im one of the few that dont wear depends on Boston.com ... Give this kid a year or so. We have to good a team to blame an 18 y/o

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

easy not2regret...everyone here agrees with you-every post...i just checked! holy moly