Seguin was great for 1 game but

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Seguin was great for 1 game but

not impressed with him since then ..I think we need to put Peverly back with Ryder and Kelly and put Thornton back on the 4th line .It's a waste having Peverly playing with someone like Paille ..Paille is great defensively obviously but Peverly could really boost the 3rd line .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but

Seguin was one of the most dangerous Bruins tonight.  He had two or three good chances but didn't connect.  I'm not displeased with his play at all - and clearly the coaching staff is willing to see him out there more and more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Seguin was great for 1 game but:
    [QUOTE]not impressed with him since then ..I think we need to put Peverly back with Ryder and Kelly and put Thornton back on the 4th line .It's a waste having Peverly playing with someone like Paille ..Paille is great defensively obviously but Peverly could really boost the 3rd line .
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]
    I strongly disagree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

really silly thread

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Dude what were you watching?  

You could not have picked an odder time to criticize Seguin.  He was tremendous tonight.  Easily his best overall game as a pro.  He was inetense, fighting for every inch.  Hitting guys all over the ice.  It was an excellent showing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Seguin was great for 1 game but:
    [QUOTE]not impressed with him since then ..I think we need to put Peverly back with Ryder and Kelly and put Thornton back on the 4th line .It's a waste having Peverly playing with someone like Paille ..Paille is great defensively obviously but Peverly could really boost the 3rd line .

Seguin played a very solid hockey game tonight, he is plaing defensively responsible, threw a couple of hits, had 3 shots on net and almost scored a great goal ripping a shot just wide.  The shot was absolute bullet and he created the scoring chance by working hard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=b1f15c4cab6d9a0359607c889b51dcb2&plckUserId=b1f15c4cab6d9a0359607c889b51dcb2">
    First: 11/30/2010
    Last: 5/28/2011

really silly thread

I second that--- and by the way--- In case you missed it, he was better in game 2!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Besides him not scoring, this was his best game. He was all over the ice & making good, smart plays with the puck. Just missed getting a break away in the 2nd by about a stride. This is as silly as saying TT had a bad game tonight!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but:
    [QUOTE]Besides him not scoring, this was his best game. He was all over the ice & making good, smart plays with the puck. Just missed getting a break away in the 2nd by about a stride. This is as silly as saying TT had a bad game tonight!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Nite, how often do you see a goalie get 3rd star after a shutout? It really says a lot about how well the entire team played tonight. Hard to fault CJ's system now. Congrats buddy. 4 MORE WINS!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

have to absolutely keep him in the lineup. you can't teach youth. he has speed and great hands. he keeps getting better and better. dumb as

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seguin was great for 1 game but : Seguin played a very solid hockey game tonight, he is plaing defensively responsible, threw a couple of hits, had 3 shots on net and almost scored a great goal ripping a shot just wide.  The shot was absolute bullet and he created the scoring chance by working hard.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]
    The shot he almost scored on was a great play but we are going up against Vancouver now.Peverly on the 3rd line makes the line stronger . 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]Besides him not scoring, this was his best game. He was all over the ice & making good, smart plays with the puck. Just missed getting a break away in the 2nd by about a stride. This is as silly as saying TT had a bad game tonight!
    I thought Peverly played a better game though.Peverly is the better player right now .No way he should be on the 4th line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but : I thought Peverly played a better game though.Peverly is the better player right now .No way he should be on the 4th line.
    Dallas,I agree that Peverly played great but, right now, CJ is doing a great job using the tools he has in his kit. Why tempt fate by reinserting Thornton? I like the guy but don't want to see him again this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

peverley was fantastic. which is why they cycled him through the 2nd and 3rd line to get him extra shifts. the difference is peverley is a good fit for the fourth line, as long as he gets some shifts with the other lines when someone needs a blow. seguin isn't

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Obviously, the coach disagrees with you.  Seguin played the most minutes of any game this series (14:53), and played very well.  High compete-level and defensively responsible.  Peverley also had a great game in 16:14 of ice.  I liked the way CJ used both of them tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]peverley was fantastic. which is why they cycled him through the 2nd and 3rd line to get him extra shifts. the difference is peverley is a good fit for the fourth line, as long as he gets some shifts with the other lines when someone needs a blow. seguin isn't
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]
    Exactly right Dauber.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Okay maybe taking Seguin out isn't a good idea but my main point was I would rather see Peverly playing with Ryder and Kelly. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but : Nite, how often do you see a goalie get 3rd star after a shutout? It really says a lot about how well the entire team played tonight. Hard to fault CJ's system now. Congrats buddy. 4 MORE WINS!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

It doesn't happen often. I said that if the B's got to the 3rd round & won a game I would never say another bad thing about CJ & his system. However; the guy has changed his coaching style. He calls timeouts; he doesn't over use the 4th line; he has made the team adjust...ON THE FLY even. He didn't make the team try to just go into a shell tonight. He allowed them to keep going & try to score another goal. Even when there was 5 minutes left. So; there maybe more to the story about Cam talking to him & telling him to change somethings.
    CJ & his staff are doing a great job! With the exception of the PP; but they're still winning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=b1f15c4cab6d9a0359607c889b51dcb2&plckUserId=b1f15c4cab6d9a0359607c889b51dcb2 " /> thedauber1 Posts: 772 First: 11/30/2010 Last: 5/28/2011 really silly thread I second that--- and by the way--- In case you missed it, he was better in game 2!!!!
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]
    That's the game I was referring to [game 2]the game he basically won almost singlehandedly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but : It doesn't happen often. I said that if the B's got to the 3rd round & won a game I would never say another bad thing about CJ & his system. However; the guy has changed his coaching style. He calls timeouts; he doesn't over use the 4th line; he has made the team adjust...ON THE FLY even. He didn't make the team try to just go into a shell tonight. He allowed them to keep going & try to score another goal. Even when there was 5 minutes left. So; there maybe more to the story about Cam talking to him & telling him to change somethings. CJ & his staff are doing a great job! With the exception of the PP; but they're still winning.
    Yeah,allowing the team to keep going and not slide into a shell was pivotal .CJ has learned from his mistakes .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Even if he hasn't scored he was key on the Bruins advancing. 
    1- Won game 2
    2- Made Tampa adjust as the Bruins now had 4th deep lines that could score
    3- and most important Took Thorton out of the equation.

Tonight also he was zipping around. I felt as if he and Peverly would score tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but : It doesn't happen often. I said that if the B's got to the 3rd round & won a game I would never say another bad thing about CJ & his system. However; the guy has changed his coaching style. He calls timeouts; he doesn't over use the 4th line; he has made the team adjust...ON THE FLY even. He didn't make the team try to just go into a shell tonight. He allowed them to keep going & try to score another goal. Even when there was 5 minutes left. So; there maybe more to the story about Cam talking to him & telling him to change somethings. CJ & his staff are doing a great job! With the exception of the PP; but they're still winning.
    Yeah Nite, CJ has made some moves that made us all shake our heads but he deserves a lot of the credit for this team being where they are right now. 4 MORE WINS!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Okay maybe taking Seguin out isn't a good idea but my main point was I would rather see Peverly playing with Ryder and Kelly. 

I think Peverly is fine right where he was tonight. Playing on the 4th line & subbing out on the 2nd & third. Tyler would be a non factor if he played on the 4th line. However; depending on how this series goes. Thorton could find a way back in. I hope he finds a way in one game at least. Doesn't he need to dress at least one game in the final to get his name engraved on the cup? I think he deserves that much! For what he is & what he does; he's probably one of the best in league.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but : I think Peverly is fine right where he was tonight. Playing on the 4th line & subbing out on the 2nd & third. Tyler would be a non factor if he played on the 4th line. However; depending on how this series goes. Thorton could find a way back in. I hope he finds a way in one game at least. Doesn't he need to dress at least one game in the final to get his name engraved on the cup? I think he deserves that much! For what he is & what he does; he's probably one of the best in league.
    Obviously that worked tonight and likely would against the majority of the teams in the league but we are playing Vancouver now .This series is going to be a war physically ,I am not a huge fan of Thornton but would like to see him play.I don't think it will happen though.CJ isn't likely to make any changes particularly early in the series.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Seguin played fabulous tonight.