Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Re: Seguin

In Response to Re: Seguin:
    [QUOTE]article on Tyler from the Toronto Sun. http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2011/03/19/17687156.html
    Posted by no1bruinsfan[/QUOTE]

The article was followed by two fan comments.  The first one of the typical, dumb homer variety and the second, much more measured and intelligent

Rosie Ruffoloreport comment
    March 19th 2011, 11:44pm
    If Seguin really thinks he is going to make run fro the Stanley Cup with the Bruins, he better think again. When you get Slaughtered by the Leafs, that is usually not a sign of a championship team. Looks like the Leafs won the Kessel trade. HA HA HA!

John Jacob Schmidtreport comment
    March 20th 2011, 12:14am
    Kessel scored all of 11 goals in his rookie year in Boston, a total that Seguin has already equaled with far less ice time than Kessel got in his rookie year. Go to NHL.com and look at the goals that Seguin has scored this year and you will see that they are almost all highlight reel goals. Seguin is a flyweight right now and noticeably avoids the physical contact. For Seguin's game to reach a higher level, he has to be willing to fight for the puck in the corners and I'm sure it will come as he puts on some size and gains confidence. Seguin didn't have a stellar rookie year in the OHL either. I'm glad that the Leafs are happy with Kessel but $5.4 million/yr is a lot to pay a one dimensional streaky player like Kessel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

re: a game plan that could factor in Seguin's speed.
    Where's that been?  In today's NHL how do you not consider one of the fastest players around?

re: his best game of the year.
    We should have seen this earlier.  If the coaching staff developed this resource we might even have a better player right now.

re: benching Seguin to "learn" for the press box.
    If he learns from the press box, have him sits with the scouts the night before at the visiting team when the schedule allows.  he was tired? b.s.  the kids works out like an animal.  from everything I've read and seen, best attitude you can find.
    so... the benchings.  stupid.  plain and simple.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin should play every game from here on in. Ryder? Scratch!!!!!!
    Posted by hendy77[/QUOTE]

My God the dilemma !!!  Paille scored last night now what Julien ???

He cannot scratch Seguin right now he was one of the only that had jump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Seguin is playing better and better... it is weird that comes at the same time has he is getting more ice time.  What a coincidence!!  Playing Seguin on the 4th line is a waste of talent.  I would like to see him with Bergeron and Marchand.  We need to get that line going again. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Most of these comments are right on. Seguin should have been on a fixed line all year is correct, BUT the bruins did not have linemates with speed and hockey smarts, like Kelly and Peverly. Wheels had speed, but not smarts, and Ryder has been less than stellar all year. Recchi should have been on the 4th line all year, but, Claude cannot make a tough decision. Thornton does not add any hockey capability to this team, and Paille still has stone hands. This team really needs more adjustments. McQuaid and Kasper will now be very hesitant and indecisive; Kaberle has skills, but not those that fit into Claude's "system". Seidenberg has been inconsistent, more often lately. Ference is obviously not fully healed or ready.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Last night was one of Seguin's best game this year. The other one was against Buffalo when he scored a goal and made an assist to Kampfer.

He was aggressive and i liked seeing that from the kid. Leaving him out there with Peverly and on the pp is a good idea. I rather have though Daniel Paille as the other winger vs Kelly who is offensively incompetent

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Seguin quote that just about made me swoon;

“Obviously those guys can make a couple of more mistakes. Me, if I make one mistake, I’m going to be up in the press box, so I kind of like that aspect of it. I think it is going to help me out in the end."

How can you not love that?

How can that kind of attitude not be infectious?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin quote that just about made me swoon; “Obviously those guys can make a couple of more mistakes. Me, if I make one mistake, I’m going to be up in the press box, s o I kind of like that aspect of it. I think it is going to help me out in the end ." How can you not love that? How can that kind of attitude not be infectious?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

That is impressive

And it does confirm what a lot of us have been saying.  He's not allowed to make the same mistakes that other rookies like Hall and Skinner, etc are allowed to make.  He's not getting the same time and opportunities either

But the time has come for that to happen.  The vets on this team aren't exactly lighting things up lately.  Maybe Seguin being bumped up to a top line with more minutes and better playmakers is one of the things this team needs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I thought it was the first time Seguin looked like a pro.  For those saying CJ is holding him back or will bench him again, he was just waiting for that type of game.  I expect we'll see him back again.  I also really liked on the power play Seguin firing one-timers.  It made me realize one of our biggest faults is that our half-wall guys (Krejci, Bergeron) have been thinking pass-first too much just like Kabs.  Seguin fired a couple rockets without even thinking and almost scored.  We need more of that unpredictability.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Thoroughly impressed with his play Sat night. The Krejci line was working hard, and had a few decent chances, but Seguin seemed to always be buzzing the net and doing something all the time. 
    It's almost hard to put finger on exactly what went so horribly wrong. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]Thoroughly impressed with his play Sat night. The Krejci line was working hard, and had a few decent chances, but Seguin seemed to always be buzzing the net and doing something all the time.  It's almost hard to put finger on exactly what went so horribly wrong. 
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]
    Goaltending was the reason, as it tends to be most of the time.

Reimer was the difference, especially early in the 2nd period when the Bruins were all over the Leafs.  If they scored 1 there, I think the game turns in the Bruins favor.

Reimer has been incredible outside of a couple of games.  Bruin goaltending as of last seems to have dropped down a notch.  Thomas was off.

By the way, why does Claude take Thomas off and then put him back in the 3rd?  Was is simply an equipement thing?  Seemed odd in a 5-1 game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : Goaltending was the reason, as it tends to be most of the time. Reimer was the difference, especially early in the 2nd period when the Bruins were all over the Leafs.  If they scored 1 there, I think the game turns in the Bruins favor. Reimer has been incredible outside of a couple of games.  Bruin goaltending as of last seems to have dropped down a notch.  Thomas was off. By the way, why does Claude take Thomas off and then put him back in the 3rd?  Was is simply an equipement thing?  Seemed odd in a 5-1 game.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]
    CJ claimed that since the goalie change when the game was 4-1 yielded no momentum swing,he may as well put TT back in for the sake of facing some more shots.TT hadn't seen much action the last week or so.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Agreed, there were times when I thought the Bruins were going to blow the leafs out of the building.  Seguin's line was buzzing, and the Krejci line was dominant.  But Reimer made some great saves and the Bruins let some gaping holes happen on D.  There goaltending was spotty and the leafs were lose an fired up.  it happens, but it was hardly an indication of who is the better team.

[QUOTE]Thoroughly impressed with his play Sat night. The Krejci line was working hard, and had a few decent chances, but Seguin seemed to always be buzzing the net and doing something all the time.  It's almost hard to put finger on exactly what went so horribly wrong. 
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]