Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Seguin

It's scary to think what this kid can/will do in the future.

He had a goal & an assist tonight after sitting out about a dozen games. I wasn't surprised to see how quick he was tonight but I was pleasently surprised to see him get involved physically and go to the dirtier areas tonight.

I think dauber & many other posters are right. The time has come to sit Thornton. If Tyler puts up this good game after sitting for so long, I'm salivating just thinking of how he can play with 15 minutes per game, regularly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Re: Seguin

When will someone wake up???????????????????????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I posted TOI numbers in a different thread, but Seguin played about as much as Paille and Thornton tonight.  I think CJ missed an opportunity, especially since he was trailing to give Seguin a larger load tonight.

What jumped out at me was that after scoring his highlight reel goal at 15:59 of the 1st period he didn't skate another shift in that period.  Trailing 3-1, he only skated 2 shifts in the 2nd period, totalling 1:51 in TOI.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin:
    [QUOTE]I posted TOI numbers in a different thread, but Seguin played about as much as Paille and Thornton tonight.  I think CJ missed an opportunity, especially since he was trailing to give Seguin a larger load tonight. What jumped out at me was that after scoring his highlight reel goal at 15:59 of the 1st period he didn't skate another shift in that period.  Trailing 3-1, he only skated 2 shifts in the 2nd period, totalling 1:51 in TOI.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Great stats, Crowls.  Count me among those who had hoped Seguin would come out with guns blazing after being scratched for so long.  He delivered.  I thought his brilliant goal would garner him more ice time but such was not the case. 

You'd think an offensive weapon like him would be used to help the cause of getting the Bruins back in the game but such was not the case.  That said, the club just didn't have it tonight.  Full props to TB for taking advantage of the situation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

one thought i had was, seeing as how we couldn't be much worse in the faceoff circles, would it make sense to toss seguin into Bergerons spot if he isn't back by tuesday?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]one thought i had was, seeing as how we couldn't be much worse in the faceoff circles, would it make sense to toss seguin into Bergerons spot if he isn't back by tuesday?
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Yes, also you get your third line back together, and reduce the role of Thornton and Paille.  Win win win. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I'm hoping Seguin's goal and a assist will shame the rest of the team into inspiration next game. It better.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Seguin fumbled the puck in front of the B's bench, which led to TB's first goal, and his line was still out there for the second as well. I'm sure he was nervous considering his time off. I expect him, as well as the rest of the team, to be better in Game 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Any smart coach would have use the kid's energy to get the other players going... nope not Julien!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

If Bergeron is back on Tuesday does he stay in the line-up?

I would sit Thorton and keep him in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I would too but not Julien!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hey, I love Recchi, but I'm concerned his age might have caught up to him last night.  Maybe sit him for Segs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevio19. Show kevio19's posts

In my opinion put Seguin with Peverly and Marchand, make that line number two.  I find Recchi quite useless on the second line Kelly/Ryder/Recchi can be third line

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I have been saying for two weeks (look at my posts) that if Seguin would get one single chance to play in the playoffs he would never go back in the stands ever......and guess what...if Bergy returns ...Thornton or Ryder will have to sit

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]I posted TOI numbers in a different thread, but Seguin played about as much as Paille and Thornton tonight.  I think CJ missed an opportunity, especially since he was trailing to give Seguin a larger load tonight. What jumped out at me was that after scoring his highlight reel goal at 15:59 of the 1st period he didn't skate another shift in that period.  Trailing 3-1, he only skated 2 shifts in the 2nd period, totalling 1:51 in TOI.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

According to the boxscore Paille had more icetime and Seguin had less than a minute more than Thornton. Interesting considering no one else was doing much offensively last night. Perhaps it may have been more prudent for CJ to go with a hot hand instead of having him sit for half a period as a reward for the kids' goal.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]I have been saying for two weeks (look at my posts) that if Seguin would get one single chance to play in the playoffs he would never go back in the stands ever......and guess what...if Bergy returns ...Thornton or Ryder will have to sit Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

No way Ryder sits.  He's like a slot machine, you sit there and wait for it to payoff.  That is why gambling is so addictive.  You never know when your reward is coming.  Juien is addicted to Ryder.  It's Thornton obviously. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : No way Ryder sits.  He's like a slot machine, you sit there and wait for it to payoff.  That is why gambling is so addictive.  You never know when your reward is coming.  Juien is addicted to Ryder.  It's Thornton obviously. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

I think the question isn't will it be Ryder or Thornton but rather will the situation arise where CJ will sit someone else out? Other than Seguin, that is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : I think the question isn't will it be Ryder or Thornton but rather will the situation arise where CJ will sit someone else out? Other than Seguin, that is.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

I will be you a steak dinner or my property in Florida that once Patrice comes back Seguin is going back upstairs....that is just how CJ is for better or worse....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : I will be you a steak dinner or my property in Florida that once Patrice comes back Seguin is going back upstairs....that is just how CJ is for better or worse....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

There are a few things that need to play out here, like does Bergeron come in for the second game, and if not how does Seguin play in game two.  Assuming Seguin has a good second game, then Seguin going back to the rafters, coupled with a poor series for the B's, could be the only way Julien is unemployed next season.  I figured he was safe after the Philly sweep, but he could still put his neck back in the noose.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

They won two series with Thornton/Paille/Campbell.  Trust me, Julien is not gonna mess with a winning formula.  Not for Game 2 anyway

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I cannot imagine a scenario in Game #2 where Seguin does not make the line-up.  If Bergy is back, then someone else sits....  This is an EASY decision for CJ....

They need Seguins "speed" in this series... Hopefully his defensive game will tighten up a bit.  Either way, I think a good series for Seguin, will set the tables nicely for his confidence and future with the Bruins...

My vote is sit Thornton, there have not been any fights yet, and even if there is, we have many that can drop the gloves, Lucic, Horton, McQuaid, Boychuck, Etc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In my opinion put Seguin with Peverly and Marchand, make that line number two.  I find Recchi quite useless on the second line Kelly/Ryder/Recchi can be third line
    Posted by kevio19[/QUOTE]

kevio, agree completely, and i would even give some consideration to playing segs at center for that line

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

No way for Seguin to get ice time with CJ coaching.

Boucher is the coach of the future . He is dynamic and willing to apply his coaching skills to match the situation. He's forever changing his lines and his approach to the game depending on the situation at  hand and his opponent.

Claude is the opposite

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : Yes, also you get your third line back together, and reduce the role of Thornton and Paille.  Win win win. Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Yep!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

The stat was posted earlier by another poster, yet few people seemed to pick up on it and just kept the Seguin love-fest going. Don't get me wrong, I love the kids skills and cant wait to see him grow as his Yzerman-esque skill set fully develops, BUT: He was on the ice for the Bolts first two goals. Doesnt that highlight the reward/risk for this kid at the moment? Factor that in when you're calling for him to have 15 minuties of TOI.
    Go Bruins!!!