Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Seguin

I've seen several posters saying he's been playing well lately, am I missing something? He's playing better, yes, but he hasn't made a game changing play, scored a timely goal, or even been a deciding factor in a game yet.

How many times a game do you see him zip through the neutral zone and rip a shot at the glass? I have been watching A LOT of other teams (especially lately) and they don't miss the net, the put it on net and either get the rebound or snipe it. I haven't seen a single goal I would count as a snipe by any of the players that have. Seguin, Marchand, Horton and Jagr should be good for at least a goal now and then that makes you stop and say did you see that? I know there aren't style points for goals, but honestly with the talent we have, we should be able to score a few highlight reel goals to show that we can actually score. The scoring because of lucky bounces and the like will run out.

Am I just frustrated or have other people seen it too?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Seguin

In response to lambda13's comment:

I've seen several posters saying he's been playing well lately, am I missing something? He's playing better, yes, but he hasn't made a game changing play, scored a timely goal, or even been a deciding factor in a game yet.

How many times a game do you see him zip through the neutral zone and rip a shot at the glass? I have been watching A LOT of other teams (especially lately) and they don't miss the net, the put it on net and either get the rebound or snipe it. I haven't seen a single goal I would count as a snipe by any of the players that have. Seguin, Marchand, Horton and Jagr should be good for at least a goal now and then that makes you stop and say did you see that? I know there aren't style points for goals, but honestly with the talent we have, we should be able to score a few highlight reel goals to show that we can actually score. The scoring because of lucky bounces and the like will run out.

Am I just frustrated or have other people seen it too?

He really hasn't got much help from his line mates,he's getting a lot of shots,but yeah he has to start scoring,or they are in big trouble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

See he gets tons of shots on net, but imagine if he hit the net with those rushed he makes and then tries to pick a corner and misses wide or high? 100% of shots that miss the net don't go in. Unless of course your Okposo and somehow bank it off the boards, off Fleury and into the net.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In game 1, he had a very nice shot that hit the crossbar.  The one where his lips read, "I dont know" right after the shot.

In game 2, he created many opportunities. 

I have no problem with #19's play over the last two games.

I predict the line gets two goals tonight :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

See he gets tons of shots on net, but imagine if he hit the net with those rushed he makes and then tries to pick a corner and misses wide or high? 100% of shots that miss the net don't go in. Unless of course your Okposo and somehow bank it off the boards, off Fleury and into the net.

He usually has a defender on him when he makes those shots.  I'd like to see him try to get a little shifty rather than try to straight line his way to the goal and try to overpower the defender in front of him.  Power isnt his game.

But this has been talked about in many posts this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Just re-iterating as it seems to have crept back and is horribly effecting the second line. They were one of the best lines all season, now they have diappeared.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Just re-iterating as it seems to have crept back and is horribly effecting the second line. They were one of the best lines all season, now they have diappeared.

I disagree. Line 2 scored on a beautiful passing play in game 1 and they're creating scoring chances every time they're out there. Snakebit? Yes. Playing poorly? Nope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I have been wonderingg if he has been playing hero hockey.  I do not feel strongly enough to say I believe he is.  But at times it seems like his linmates, especially Marchand, are not expecting the pass. 

When he made the behind the back pass to Marchand I felt it was a good idea.  It seemed Marchnd had cut to the middle to follow the puck on net because he was not expecting a pass.

So have I turned into my crazy uncle or has anyone else thought he has been a bit selfish.  To be clear I don't think it's a matter of wanting to be a hero but rather just attempting to carry more burden then is necesary which in turn makes him predictable?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Yes Seguin has been close to chalking up some points in the last couple of games. But fact is he' s pointless and frankly 'close' only counts in horse shoes. Pretty much means his breakout game should be tonight. Its has to be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I disagree. Line 2 scored on a beautiful passing play in game 1 and they're creating scoring chances every time they're out there. Snakebit? Yes. Playing poorly? Nope.

I wouldn't say they have been playing poorly, just not generating high percentage chances that they cash in on. I don't really remember the goal they picked up in game 1 on the passing play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I wouldn't say they have been playing poorly, just not generating high percentage chances that they cash in on. I don't really remember the goal they picked up in game 1 on the passing play.

Bergeron scored the Bruins 5th goal but the refs disallowed it after they got together and decided that one of them wished they'd blown the whistle. Too bad because it was the nicest play by either team through 2 games. Tic-tac-toe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I agree with Ricky.  I think Seguin has been trying to do too much.  He doesn't have to be the hero, just play smart hockey with Bergie & Marchand and things will work out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

The two most important aspects of hockey are fore-checking and back-checking.

He has improved a great deal in both categories.  I am very happy with his progress.

I think the scoring will come.  He is still young.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I guess I'm just impatient. I want scoring, and I want it now. BUT not at the expense of defense, so I guess I'll just have to wait it out.

On a side note how about the play of Logan Couture?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I guess I'm just impatient. I want scoring, and I want it now. BUT not at the expense of defense, so I guess I'll just have to wait it out.

On a side note how about the play of Logan Couture?

Safe to say he's doing better than Zach Hamill.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think he's been one of the better Bruins at either end in this series. Hustling his butt off.

I think the defensive liability aspect is overblown, he's been a better defender than Marchand this series.

Tonight they start hitting the back of the net.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Agree he has to finish his chances and I think he will.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seguin:  0-0-0

Bergeron:  0-0-0

Marchand:  0-1-1

And the cause is Seguin trying to be the hero.

Or, maybe they are all playing great hockey and just haven't found the back of the net in the FIRST THREE GAMES.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yep. It's not like this line has any other responsibilities on the defensive end either.....oh wait.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Seguin:  0-0-0

Bergeron:  0-0-0

Marchand:  0-1-1

Or, maybe they are all playing great hockey and just haven't found the back of the net in the FIRST THREE GAMES.

I agree.  If they keep playing well the goals will come.  And sooner than later, I think

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Bergeron and Marchand haven't really lit it up since they cam beack from injury.  For bergeron I am thinking he has that concussion on his mind.  Marchand has been coming around to his old self and it's a matter of time before he starts scoring.  As for Seguin, he has to be more than a one trick pony... Sports is 80% smarts.  I hope he can make the next step otherwise he will be easy to defend.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Bergeron and Marchand haven't really lit it up since they cam beack from injury.  For bergeron I am thinking he has that concussion on his mind.  Marchand has been coming around to his old self and it's a matter of time before he starts scoring.  As for Seguin, he has to be more than a one trick pony... Sports is 80% smarts.  I hope he can make the next step otherwise he will be easy to defend.

Good thing he's been great on the defensive side of the ice.

I haven't seen another young player with his skill level killing himself to get back to cover or break up plays.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I keep waiting for them to break out...and it's getting frustrating. They didn't even generate more than the random opportunity last night, which was surprising to me. The 4th line has been a better offensive line. FWIW, I didn't think Seguin was playing hero hockey last night. I don't think it's entirely fair to single out Seguin, Marchand has not been good either. Come to think of it, I'm trying to remember Bergeron's offensive contributions last night, not too much stands out.

I predicted last night as that line's coming out party. I was wrong

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I say Seguin is snakebit.  Thiniking of that scoring opportunity 1 on 1 early on where he almost put in the backhand.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I felt the Bergeron-Marchand-Seguin line looked like much more of a unit in the offensive zone last night. 

I don't mind if you answer the question in the negative, but don't overeact, it was only a question.  I praised the kids effort and skill.  I still wonder if he was trying to do too much in the first two games.