Seidenberg missed that much?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Seidenberg missed that much?

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a Jets fan I say you can have him (Morrow, Spooner and a 2nd please) - as a Bruins fan I say, oh please God no.

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree Red.. He would drive Uncle Fester aka CJ crazy... I don't think this guy could play in the Bruins system... Noel's biggest flaw has been to pander to Buff's game and not be held accountable for it...

[/QUOTE]

Noel's moving him into Wheeler's spot. Maybe he won't drive me as nuts with his inconsistant play in that position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As a Jets fan I say you can have him (Morrow, Spooner and a 2nd please) - as a Bruins fan I say, oh please God no.

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree Red.. He would drive Uncle Fester aka CJ crazy... I don't think this guy could play in the Bruins system... Noel's biggest flaw has been to pander to Buff's game and not be held accountable for it...

[/QUOTE]

Noel's moving him into Wheeler's spot. Maybe he won't drive me as nuts with his inconsistant play in that position.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't they try that last year if I recall, and I don't think it proved successful... Hey , when your fighting for your job and have lost 4 in a row and outside looking in for playoffs I guess you have to try something...

Hey Red, just a question what has happened to Tobias Enstrom?  Where has this guy's offence gone?  He seemed to be much better in Thrasher days, logged a ton of minutes, PP .. I mean we are talking 50-60 pts...I know he has been injury prone, in the last year...but always like this guys skill... Jets could really use his contribution..what's his future with the team?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Some people seem to forget that Dennis Seidenberg was such a force during the 2011 playoffs that he was even mentioned as an outside candidate for the Conn Smythe. You don't replace your #2 defenseman on a Stanley Cup contender (who has been nothing but consistent since he joined the Bruins) with the likes of Stuart, Fistric, Enström, Tallinder or Ehrhoff.

However, Bookboy's list makes a lot of sense to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some people seem to forget that Dennis Seidenberg was such a force during the 2011 playoffs that he was even mentioned as an outside candidate for the Conn Smythe. You don't replace your #2 defenseman on a Stanley Cup contender (who has been nothing but consistent since he joined the Bruins) with the likes of Stuart, Fistric, Enström, Tallinder or Ehrhoff.

[/QUOTE]

It's already been documented. NOBODY is going to replace Seidenberg. It's to find a decent fill in. Not all, but most on here are giving "decent fill ins". I'm trying to go a little outside the box & think a bit further. My guy (Fistric) is going to be a 27 yr old UFA at seasons end. I'm thinking you bring him in, see what he can do with the right coaching, team & personal to work with. If he plans out you re-sign the guy & you then you have that "replacement" & younger version of Seidenberg sortofspeak. Next year this gives you. Chara, Seids, Fistric, Hamilton, Boychuk, McQuaid, Krug, Bart, Miller, Warf, Morrow & Trotman. There's plenty to work with to make 7 decent d-men, both offense & defence. Keep, trade, or whatever. This gives the B's size & speed from the defence for a few more years & assets to make changes in other area's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:[QUOTE] Teams aren't going to line up to help out the Bruins.  [/QUOTE]

I don't think other GMs would do a collusion on Boston, that could bite them on the other side. I'm sure PC isn't going to be calling Montreal or Toronto but teams that can use an NHL ready defenseman, a good prospect that has played NHL games and a #1 2014 draft pick have to listen.

I think the Bruins are in a very good position to make a deal. If Boston has to take on salary so be it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bring on Rafalski. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeanE's comment:[QUOTE] Teams aren't going to line up to help out the Bruins.  [/QUOTE]

I don't think other GMs would do a collusion on Boston, that could bite them on the other side. I'm sure PC isn't going to be calling Montreal or Toronto but teams that can use an NHL ready defenseman, a good prospect that has played NHL games and a #1 2014 draft pick have to listen.

I think the Bruins are in a very good position to make a deal. If Boston has to take on salary so be it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree and PC will be motivated to get a good d-man and worry about the salary next season, for now he just has to find the right trading partner and make the deal.The B's have the assets and i'll be very surprised if they don't bring in a quality guy and i don't mean a Mike Mottau type guy either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Well Redden retired, so PC won't be going back to that well... or will he?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bring on Rafalski. 

[/QUOTE]

Reserved for T-Bay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to MrHulot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's already been documented. NOBODY is going to replace Seidenberg...

[/QUOTE]

You might as well go with what you have then, instead of making a deal just for the sake of making a deal. Fistric isn't the worst of the bad options mentioned (that title would go to Ehrhoff, who apparently is only in it for the money and has not one ounce of Seidenberg's leadership qualities or consistency), but he doesn't impress me at all, so why would you swing a deal for him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kind of hard to argue against it. Penaly kill numbers have gone down dramatically and goals gainst is up significant. McQuaid has missed some time, kind of without skipping a beat, but wihtout Seidenberg things have gone off the rails a bit. More I think about it, take him out and not only are you missing what he brings, you now have players in roles theyre not accustomed to or just not ready for..

I wonder, does PC act before the deadline and try to get a similair player?

[/QUOTE]
    i think PC should take a long look at Chris Phillips, he's a UFA at the end of the year, left hand shot lots of experience and can play the PP, PK and even strength. if Ottowa falls out of the race their is a chance to get him, i see no chance the rangers trade Girardi

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

A long look is all Chiarelli will get from Phillips, Ottawa is still very much in the race (only 2 points out of eighth place in the conference).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

i think he can be had