Semyon Varlamov under arrest

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Semyon Varlamov under arrest

And for something serious, 2nd degree kidnapping and assault in a domestic violence thing.

No details that I can find yet, only this;

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_24422082/semyon-varlamov-avalanchearrested-domestic-violence

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Semyon Varlamov under arrest

Maybe Fletch can find out the inside scoop

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Strange days indeed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

With the offense Varlamov had in front of him and his .945 SV% he was on his way to a possible Vezina to make this worse.

What a dingbat!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Mugshot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Semyon Varlamov (Denver Police Department)

There you go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Team off to a great start, he's playing unreal and he does this. Moron.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Wow, Patrick Roy really has changed the team since he took over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Because charges regarding domestic abuse couldn't be because there has been an accusation of a crime, there's this gem from the Russian government....

"Meanwhile, a Russian government official is claiming that Varlamov's arrest is part of a scheme to prevent Russia from winning the gold medal in men's hockey at next year's Olympic Winter Games in Sochi.

"I'm confident of Semyon's innocence," Russian parliamentarian Igor Ananskikh told a Russian news agency R-Sport. "I think it is a sports and political move, as Varlamov is a candidate for the Russian national team. The main goal is to suspend him from training and games so that he loses practice and misses the Olympics."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Because charges regarding domestic abuse couldn't be because there has been an accusation of domestic abuse, there's this gem from the Russian government....

"Meanwhile, a Russian government official is claiming that Varlamov's arrest is part of a scheme to prevent Russia from winning the gold medal in men's hockey at next year's Olympic Winter Games in Sochi.

"I'm confident of Semyon's innocence," Russian parliamentarian Igor Ananskikh told a Russian news agency R-Sport. "I think it is a sports and political move, as Varlamov is a candidate for the Russian national team. The main goal is to suspend him from training and games so that he loses practice and misses the Olympics."

[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is insane. I cant believe that!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Because charges regarding domestic abuse couldn't be because there has been an accusation of a crime, there's this gem from the Russian government....

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didnt think the Russian goverment could do more to lose even more credibilty leading up to these Olymipcs. They just did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I figured that Colorado would eventually fall back in the standings.  If this turns out to be the reason why, file it under the "right for completely wrong reasons" category.

As for the Russian official, that is pretty depressing - if legit (not claiming red is pulling a fast one, just that news source vetting has been pretty poor these days).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Glad to see the conspiracy theorists are alive and well in 2013!

Reminds me of those who think Tzarnaev is innocent because he's...cute!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Well, Giguere has been solid in his back up role so far. He'll need to keep it up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Saw a good line in response to this conspiracy theory on my Jets' board - "It's Pavelec. He framed Varlamov so he'd still have a shot at the Russian Olympic team. Watch, Bobrovsky will be next."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I figured that Colorado would eventually fall back in the standings.  If this turns out to be the reason why, file it under the "right for completely wrong reasons" category.

As for the Russian official, that is pretty depressing - if legit (not claiming red is pulling a fast one, just that news source vetting has been pretty poor these days).

[/QUOTE]

That one's from TSN - don't know anything about the original agency, R-Sport. I went to their site to check it out, but I don't read Russian ;)

A few more details

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2013-10-31/semyon-varlamov-arrest-girlfriend-domestic-violence

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Unlike Rusia, Denver police need a reason for making, and announcing an arrest.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Fletch can correct me if I'm wrong, but in CO. The law states that someone is "ALWAYS" arrested in a domestic violence call. There's a ZERO tolerence, in that state. Kidnapping is another kettle of fish. Varlamov would still be able to travel if it was just a DV. I guess Varl really wants to be Patrick Roy in every stretch of the word including DV charges against him as well. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's out and free to travel at least for now.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=435521

It's a minor thing in the scheme of things, but he's fortunate that the Avs don't have any away games in Canada until December, as they wouldn't allow him into the country with pending charges on him (at least I'm pretty sure that's the law - shupe would know better).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Weirdo goalies.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

With all the money he makes, wouldn't ya think he could afford to pay someone to beat his woman for him?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

He's out and free to travel at least for now.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=435521

It's a minor thing in the scheme of things, but he's fortunate that the Avs don't have any away games in Canada until December, as they wouldn't allow him into the country with pending charges on him (at least I'm pretty sure that's the law - shupe would know better).

[/QUOTE]

Depending on what the charges are. Kidnapping? Probably not, but for a DV charge he could.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With all the money he makes, wouldn't ya think he could afford to pay someone to beat his woman for him?  

[/QUOTE]

that wasn't remotely humorous BadHab. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

Weirdo goalies.   [/QUOTE]

Winning!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Glad to see the conspiracy theorists are alive and well in 2013!

Reminds me of those who think Tzarnaev is innocent because he's...cute!

[/QUOTE]

Wonder where Varly was on Russia's depth chart before the season started? Was he even on the radar, because I'm quite certain the Soviets were quite happy with Bobo as their starter.