Settlement to be reached today!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Settlement to be reached today!

Both sides compromise and hockey is back on track!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Settlement to be reached today!

wha wha wha what? wishful thinking? sources? are you just incredibly optimistic, or do you know something we don't? regardless, i'm off to nhl.com to do some investigating. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Cut it out watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I'll believe it when I see it, until then I'm banking on no hockey this season - and anything else will be great news.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-09-11/nhl-lockout-2012-cba-negotiations-nhlpa-new-york-owners-offer-bill-daly-gary-bet

With more than 250 players arriving in the city—they're scheduled to meet in the afternoon at a midtown Manhattan hotel—the morning session represents the last, best chance. Whether that meeting brings with it an official proposal from the NHLPA is unknown, but TSN.ca's Bob McKenzie said "something" was discussed on a 90-minute negotiating committee conference call.

Watching AHL, WHL and OHL online till these meatheads get it hammerd out...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It could happen. They aren't as far apart as many like to say. Revenues were split at 57players-43league before, the league was asking for 57, then 54. They can reach an agreement at 50-50 without too much trouble when they want. The other issues are not an important at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

It could happen. They aren't as far apart as many like to say. Revenues were split at 57players-43league before, the league was asking for 57, then 54. They can reach an agreement at 50-50 without too much trouble when they want. The other issues are not an important at all.

A month ago, I was really doubtful, but I agree with you.  the other issues are merely details.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

As I posted on another thread, I think the key is agreeing to a stepped variation in the split, rather than going from 57 to 51? 50? in one fell swoop.  That would result in too much of a 'one-time hit' to player salaries. 

I think a 4 year deal, with share moving down 1.5% per year, thus allowing for the possibility/probability of increasing HRR keeping the cap at or near current levels, would allow for some degree of cost containment for the Owners, while avoiding the huge rollback or escrow hit for the Players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

How would you feel about a 20% roll back in your salary?

Me - I would have a fit over that.

And as a principle of general fairness, it's not going to be fair to the guys who already have contacts.  I'm sure they would have negotiated differently if they knew they were going to get 20% less

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

In response to watchtower's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

in your dreams ....I predicted on August 8th that the season would only start shortly after Christmas..nice try Dude ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (with Khudo as our #1 goalie)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Watchtower, stop it please.  I am in a depressed state of having no hockey, so don't mess with me.  Ha.  

It is more about cost accounting rather than the revenue sharing split.  BTW, any roll back would be an affront to what America, and Canada, is all about.  A contract is a contract.  Labor is free.  Owners should run their businesses like they can lose all invested.  No bail outs.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to watchtower's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Troll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

If any of you have been around a union negotiation or have paid close attention to labor issues when there are strikes/lockouts looming you probably are familiar with the tenor and tone when things are at an impasse. Listening to the statements coming out today sounds like there is little hope of a settlement soon. Get ready for the lockout, fellas. :(  Can we get a North American sports equivalent of the Arab Spring and rid oursleves of the tyrant Bettman??? I know a couple of you probably have RPGs in your basements :P

14. This post has been removed.