Shane Doan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Shane Doan

In Response to Re: Shane Doan:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : You've nailed it OastesCam.  Exactly.  The long term success of the Bruins will come from the successful development of prospects and young talent, combined with their core and a few free agent role players to fill the gaps -- not from signing an expensive former star every year.  Doan is a great player, but most of his talents are not needed on this team (leadership, toughness, etc).  Don't sign what you already have. There is constant clamoring here for the speedy development of Seguin, Marchand, Caron.....Spooner, Knight, etc.  These guys can't develop if every good opportunity for ice time in Boston is filled by a verteran from another team.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I don't consider Shane Doan just another veteran. NEXT SEASON if Pouliet is a bust again. He's already going to most likely be on the 2nd or 3rd line this yr. Seguin is going to play where Pouliet doesn't. So where is Doan taking anything from Seguin? I also already said that none of the prospects have shown me; or where I heard anything that stands out; where that makes the Bruins not consider bringing in a Shane Doan. If it haopens this season great, but Spooner; Knight nor Caron haven't done ANYTHING to warrant a non consideration to Doan. I guess since we won once; we can just be just like the Oilers now!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : I never said he was Neely.  And I already said 3x now that I'm not talking about the upcoming season. I'm talking aout for 2012/13. What if NONE of the prospects work out?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I think all nite and others are saying is they'd love to have Doan playing for the B's. All of a sudden it's become a process of eliminating players to fit him in. 

Is this what's going to happen every time someone says they like a player and would like them on the Bruins ?
    Where do they play ? Who goes ? People, it's a simple thread about Doan and how much people like him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]For Shane Doan, PHX would want a package of prospects and picks.  Especially Rask. I would rather go with Plan-B: Cory Stillman might be a nice fit.  He could specialize on PP.  But we already have a project in Benoit Pouliot. 
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]
    FOR THE 4TH TIME I'M TALKING ABOUT THE 2012-13 SEASON WHEN HE BECOMES AN UFA!! IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO READ THE POST THAT ARE POSTED THAN DON"T BOTHER POSTING!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hey, Doan supporters, that's all fine.  I think everybody likes him.

My opinion on this, as prompted by the thread is that it is a wrong-time, wrong-team situation that's all.  I would be hesitant to plan anything into the future years too -- Doan may be retired.  If the Bruins were to lose Chara, Horton, Lucic, Bergeron, etc. then I would be more inclined to look at Doan type free agents.  But the core is there now.  They already won with these guys.  I would rather feed the core young talent and prospects than old, expensive free agents.  That's all.  The speed of Peverly or the skill of Seguin is more needed on the 2nd line than the toughness and leadership of Doan.

IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, Doan supporters, that's all fine.  I think everybody likes him. My opinion on this, as prompted by the thread is that it is a wrong-time, wrong-team situation that's all.  I would be hesitant to plan anything into the future years too -- Doan may be retired.  If the Bruins were to lose Chara, Horton, Lucic, Bergeron, etc. then I would be more inclined to look at Doan type free agents.  But the core is there now.  They already won with these guys.  I would rather feed the core young talent and prospects than old, expensive free agents.  That's all.  The speed of Peverly or the skill of Seguin is more needed on the 2nd line than the toughness and leadership of Doan. IMO.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Very well said Fletcher! I agree with that reasoning. If I may explain my man crush for Doan. I think this guy is the ultimate Bruin, a warrior who thinking about having in that uniform is a dream. Someone to go with Lucic, Horton, Mcquaid et al. Let's put a scenerio together. It's 2013 & Seguin is flying! When a David Steckle comes along & pulls a Crosby stunt! Now; this team has the personal to go after a Steckle. However; one thing we read about on here is how we don't always like seeing a Horton, a Chara, or a Lucic having to be the one to do something. And 9/10 Thornton would never be on the ice with Seguin. Well; if we had Doan we could sacrifice one of the others to step in. He's tough as shoe leather; he leads by example like Recchi did. Who I think a lot of posters are not seeing what he brought to this team. Next season; if nobody steps up like we ALL hope they do. And godforbid the B's have an early exit? I think a welcome with open arms for a Doan would be reasonable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : Very well said Fletcher! I agree with that reasoning. If I may explain my man crush for Doan. I think this guy is the ultimate Bruin, a warrior who thinking about having in that uniform is a dream. Someone to go with Lucic, Horton, Mcquaid et al. Let's put a scenerio together. It's 2013 & Seguin is flying! When a David Steckle comes along & pulls a Crosby stunt! Now; this team has the personal to go after a Steckle. However; one thing we read about on here is how we don't always like seeing a Horton, a Chara, or a Lucic having to be the one to do something. And 9/10 Thornton would never be on the ice with Seguin. Well; if we had Doan we could sacrifice one of the others to step in. He's tough as shoe leather; he leads by example like Recchi did. Who I think a lot of posters are not seeing what he brought to this team. Next season; if nobody steps up like we ALL hope they do. And godforbid the B's have an early exit? I think a welcome with open arms for a Doan would be reasonable.

Maybe you and Doan can go on a double date with Regehr and I soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Guys Guys Guys!
    My point was simply that he would make a great rental at or before the deadline!  Come on guys we have the room for his contract and a Bergeron Doan Marchand line would be a nitemare to play against!
    Dont want this guy long term just for that extra incentive to repeat! 
    Bourque Colarado factor
    That was the point of the post!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : Very well said Fletcher! I agree with that reasoning. If I may explain my man crush for Doan. I think this guy is the ultimate Bruin, a warrior who thinking about having in that uniform is a dream. Someone to go with Lucic, Horton, Mcquaid et al. Let's put a scenerio together. It's 2013 & Seguin is flying! When a David Steckle comes along & pulls a Crosby stunt! Now; this team has the personal to go after a Steckle. However; one thing we read about on here is how we don't always like seeing a Horton, a Chara, or a Lucic having to be the one to do something. And 9/10 Thornton would never be on the ice with Seguin. Well; if we had Doan we could sacrifice one of the others to step in. He's tough as shoe leather; he leads by example like Recchi did. Who I think a lot of posters are not seeing what he brought to this team. Next season; if nobody steps up like we ALL hope they do. And godforbid the B's have an early exit? I think a welcome with open arms for a Doan would be reasonable.

Doan has five fights in the previous five seasons, one a year.  He's not going after anyone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Lots of chuckles on this post, N38 seems to be repeating himself and wants to glue his end.

Ryder scored 7 goals more including playoffs, has a ring and was 1.65 M cheaper, go figure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Guys Guys Guys! My point was simply that he would make a great rental at or before the deadline!  Come on guys we have the room for his contract and a Bergeron Doan Marchand line would be a nitemare to play against! Dont want this guy long term just for that extra incentive to repeat!  Bourque Colarado factor That was the point of the post!!!
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for a Bourque to Colorado impact, you have to get someone of equal caliber.

Any Top 10 forwards of All Time available?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]If & that's a big IF Shane Doan was available at the end of this current contract. I would want PC to make room! This guy plays every shift like it's his last. He's the epitome of what a hockey player is on the ice & off it! I'm actually surprised by the negative comments by knowledgeable posters on this. Just because we won the cup ONCE in 39yrs. Do we just sit back now? As Bruin fans we "used" to glue our selves on these types of players; now we're saying "no room"? I don't understand this at ALL! I hope PC does a cart wheel; somersault & a handstand to bring him in if the opportunity presents itself!

I'm liking whatI readhere Nightmare. You're right on the money again !!!

Good assessment. Doan     would be an upgrade from Recchi & Ryder...enough said.  MAke room for a player that makeseveryone around him better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

NAS you know what i meant!
    It was an easy example because of the nature of the trade and the fact that it resulted in a stanley cup on a team that wanted to win it again for Ray!
    I could give another example but youll find a way to contradict it!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : If you're looking for a Bourque to Colorado impact, you have to get someone of equal caliber. Any Top 10 forwards of All Time available?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS you know what i meant! It was an easy example because of the nature of the trade and the fact that it resulted in a stanley cup on a team that wanted to win it again for Ray! I could give another example but youll find a way to contradict it! In Response to Re: Shane Doan :
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

Recchi to Boston?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE] I would rather go with Plan-B: Cory Stillman might be a nice fit. 
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]

Cory Stillman, last season:

2011/02/13Missed 2 games (upper body injury).
    2011/02/08Upper body injury, day-to-day.
    2010/12/31Missed 12 games (back injury).
    2010/12/09Back injury, injured reserve.
    2010/12/01Back injury, day-to-day.
    2010/11/12Missed 2 games (shoulder injury).
    2010/11/06Shoulder injury, day-to-day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Why do people want Tyler Seguin to play more, yet want to ad players who would take his ice time away?
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I agree with SanDog......POST OF THE THREAD.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

No only because Rechhi won 2 prior to coming to Boston!  You really dont understand my logic here do ya?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : Recchi to Boston?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : I agree with SanDog......POST OF THE THREAD.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    And I'm Charlie Brown: ARGGGGGGG! GOOD GRIEF I GIVE UP!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Doan : Maybe you and Doan can go on a double date with Regehr and I soon.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I don't know Shupe! I really had a thing Raffe's physco eyes. Think you can get back with him?