Shawn Thornton- Can't Stop Him, Can Only Hope To Contain Him!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Shawn Thornton- Can't Stop Him, Can Only Hope To Contain Him!

Real good period by #22, finishes it up with his 10th of the year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Shawn Thornton- Can't Stop Him, Can Only Hope To Contain Him!

Big congrats to Thornton. That 4th line played really well. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

haha, great quote.  It's always good to have extra players to provide some motivation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

He might have to start wearing the full cage or shield his face and head have turned into a magnet of late. Congrats to Thorton on getting number 10 anything he gives us goal wise is a nice bonus.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Shawn Thornton is NOT a skating clown.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

NAS must be tearing his hair out over this thread

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

With Thorn and Paille playing well, is there any room in the playoffs for Seguin... I'm worried CJ will make him the healthy scratch!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It was the NYI.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton- Can't Stop Him, Can Only Hope To Contain Him!:
    [QUOTE]With Thorn and Paille playing well, is there any room in the playoffs for Seguin... I'm worried CJ will make him the healthy scratch!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Seguin will be a healthy scratch to start the playoffs.  Chiarelli basically said so this morning on T&R.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton- Can't Stop Him, Can Only Hope To Contain Him!:
    [QUOTE]Shawn Thornton is NOT a skating clown.
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Then what is he? 

A checking forward?  No.  Any skill player will skate right around him. 

A secondary scorer?  A career high of 10 says othewise.

An energy guy?  Is that a guy who runs around the ice and checks people?  If so, he's the only one on the team.

A skating clown?  A guy who fights a lot, mostly with others from the same cloth, who serves no purpose on offense or defense and is basically a liability when on the ice.

I'll choose skating clown.  Which would you choose?  Did I miss any catergories?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

NAS - he can play, if this team needs a "fighter" or "enforcer" hes a pretty good option. hes not a defensive liability, and he chips in on the offensive side every now and again. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS - he can play, if this team needs a "fighter" or "enforcer" hes a pretty good option. hes not a defensive liability, and he chips in on the offensive side every now and again. 
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

He certainly is a defensive liability.  Campbell and Paille cover it up.  He is a terrible skater.  He is consistently taking himself out of the play to throw a hit or to try to start a fight.  Yes, he does have a few goals.  Many of them have been against AHL caliber teams, but yes, they are goals. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wesman. Show wesman's posts

He was 1/3 of the best line on the ice tonight.  He had a far stronger game than Lucic or Horton or pretty much any other FW not named Campbell or Paille.  10 goals this year, 10 fights...not a lot like him in the league this year.

Anyhow, it's a no brainer to start him over Seguin for game 1 of the first round...I don't think anyone on any of these boards or blogs would dispute that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Does he have deficiencies in his game ? What player doesn't ? There are players on every team that have less skills then others. The day will never come for me where I complain on a steady basis about how bad they are or how I hate them. I choose to look at the good things even if they are minimal that certain players bring to a team. If I did then I would consider myself a yes to the question on the thread " Are Bruins fans a bunch of whiners ? "

He is a Bruin and I cheer for him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

NAS... you have serious issues, did you get beat up a lot when you were a kid? as far as him scoring against AHL teams- this AHL team they beat last night smoked the rangers last week. what does that make the rangers... a pee wee team? your a skating clown, and that's giving your credit, i don't know if you can even skate. get over yourself, and this irrational fear of getting punched in the face. just because your a wimp(coulda used a different word here) doesn't mean the rest of the world should be like you. why don't you watch figure skating....they actually wear clown outfits. real skating clowns-you'd love it 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]He was 1/3 of the best line on the ice tonight.  He had a far stronger game than Lucic or Horton or pretty much any other FW not named Campbell or Paille.  10 goals this year, 10 fights...not a lot like him in the league this year. Anyhow, it's a no brainer to start him over Seguin for game 1 of the first round...I don't think anyone on any of these boards or blogs would dispute that.
    Posted by wesman[/QUOTE]

Anyone with a brain would dispute that like clod for instance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

NAS, Shawn Thronton is an NHL player getting paid to play hockey, it must be really easy to critisize him what with all of your NHL experience. I respectfully disagree with your opinion and I will say it again...Shawn Thronton is NOT a skating clown.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Call him a fighter, an enforcer, what have you...but I simply see a much more focused, driven team when Thornton is dressed.  He may be lacking of the greatest skill sets, but he lifts up the "hostility" and the "desire" of the guys around him.  Why? Because he plays 100% for every minute of ice time he gets. He will be crucial in the postseason, simply for the above.  And the requisite boxing match doesn't hurt either.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

He was on the ice for all our debacles so this is debunked, including against Pit, tho he has had a clown dance with Cookie monster.

Absolutely no disputing Thorn has heart and desire, he can shoot, he just can't skate , pass or think on his skates. He is talentless other tha a fighter.

For the playoffs almost all of Prov should dress ahead of him and def Seg.

3 of his 10 goals came against playoff teams, he scored his 2nd goal in last 25 games, when play has meant a little more and this is not playoffs yet.

Pretty sure his playoff experience of 1G -7 and 35Pims in 44 Playoff games will help us win the cup.

SHEESH!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Call him a fighter, an enforcer, what have you...but I simply see a much more focused, driven team when Thornton is dressed.  He may be lacking of the greatest skill sets, but he lifts up the "hostility" and the "desire" of the guys around him.  Why? Because he plays 100% for every minute of ice time he gets. He will be crucial in the postseason, simply for the above.  And the requisite boxing match doesn't hurt either.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way.  I have no idea why people bag on the resident goon when he bangs bodies and plays physical, with energy.

I said the same thing about Paille, even before he started potting goals.

You want checking, energy and physical play. Everything else is a bonus.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You all remember the beauty of the 1st round, the speed of the game, less whistles , no fighting ....
    My question is ,  for the playoffs is it better having Thorton in the lineup on the 4th line or Seguin in the line up ? Although Seguin not on a 4th line (another player would move there) .
    I just hope this lineup is not set in stone and the idea of having Seguin play will not be when it's too late .

Bottom line it's the playoffs !  a 4th liner like Thorton might not belong. Let's not forget Julien did scratch him from the lineup in the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

4th line was once again one of the top playing lines last night yet people constantly complain about it being out there. With Campbell and Paille out there, it's going to be hard to score goals on this line in the playoffs and I'm glad the Bruins can roll 4 lines out there as skating picks up in the playoffs and people get tired quicker.

If you don't understand that the Bs 4th line has been one of the better lines all year, I don't get what game you've been watching.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the time off seemed to be just what the doctor ordered for thorty. it's not him that should be riding pine come playoffs, ryder has been ineffective to say the least. how could seguin be any worse? keep thorty in and sit ryder in favor of seguin. done

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton- Can't Stop Him, Can Only Hope To Contain Him!:[QUOTE]With Thorn and Paille playing well, is there any room in the playoffs for Seguin... I'm worried CJ will make him the healthy scratch!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Be worried Mr. Clean will keep mishandling Seguin's confidence and stay with his muckers with less offensive talent. Can't wait for Thornton's first lazy holding penalty. Clode's message to all the rooks in Providence vying to make the team next year veteran's can go 23 games with 2 goals and still be put on the 3rd line with plenty of ice time comical.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]You all remember the beauty of the 1st round, the speed of the game, less whistles , no fighting .... My question is ,  for the playoffs is it better having Thorton in the lineup on the 4th line or Seguin in the line up ? Although Seguin not on a 4th line (another player would move there) . I just hope this lineup is not set in stone and the idea of having Seguin play will not be when it's too late .
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Here's a thought to answer your questions. When was the last time Thornton was out of the lineup due to being a healthy scratch ? I agree with your 'not set in stone ' comment. I hope Julien looks past loyalty to certain players and ices the best lineup based on who is playing the best at the time.