Shawn Thornton unloads on Vancouver columnist Tony Gallagher *LIVE*

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Shawn Thornton unloads on Vancouver columnist Tony Gallagher *LIVE*

"The Bruins' tough guy was on the Comcast SportsNet New England set after the Bruins beat the Jets, while host Michael Felger was talking with The Province columnist Tony Gallagher from Vancouver. The writer was explaining to the host some of the finer points of fighting, and he claimed that to try to fight a player in the same period he's already fought is not OK, that it crosses some sort of line. In this case, the player was Dale Weise, who had already fought Nathan Horton but looked ready to dance with Thornton later that period. Once Thornton dropped his gloves, though, Weise backed out.

Little did Gallagher know that Thornton was waiting in the wings, ready to be the third man in, so to speak."

This is just classic:  http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/post/Thornton-lays-smackdown-on-Canucks-colum?blockID=628832&feedID=3352

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Shawn Thornton unloads on Vancouver columnist Tony Gallagher *LIVE*

if you didn't love shawn thornton before this clip, you will after. i want this guy on my team. my god they are clueless in vancouver! "sure we have burroughs and lappiere, they're agitators, everyone has them. but weren't not tough. people don't like the tough teams. why is it that people don't like us?" hilarious. i'm going to watch that one again. bye bye

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I love how well Thornton speaks and how RESPECTFULLY he gives the Vancouver guy a verbal beat down. The guys good with his fists, his stick, and his words.

I love how the guy tries to say oh well you have 40 lbs, oh wait 30, oh wait 20... And Thornton's like "Oh? You don't say, well I took on Derek Boogard who'se 270 (has 60 lbs on him) so there goes that argument.

Quote of the interview: I took on 7 guys for a minute.

WIN.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I've read lots of Gallagher articles and to sum this guy up in one word, knob. He says outrageous things with no factual back up, as if he's an ex-player or something. Actually an uneducated knob.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

That was great.  The diference between a Champ and a Chump on display in the CSNE studios.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton unloads on Vancouver columnist Tony Gallagher *LIVE*:
    [QUOTE]if you didn't love shawn thornton before this clip, you will after. i want this guy on my team. my god they are clueless in vancouver! "sure we have burroughs and lappiere, they're agitators, everyone has them. but weren't not tough. people don't like the tough teams. why is it that people don't like us?" hilarious. i'm going to watch that one again. bye bye
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

My jaw dropped when I heard him say that.  It honestly took me a second to realize that he was serious.  I mean, really, we are talking about hockey, right?  Not ballet?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the canucks remind me of a teenage girl who sits home on prom night crying, "why doesn't anybody like me...WAAAAAA." coming from a teenage girl it's sad. coming from grown men it's PATHETIC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I was listening to this on T&R this morning. They killed it with this segment.

The sound of bowels emptying when Galagher had no retort to Thorty's Boogard comment made my 1:15 ride to work completely awesome.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

This guy sounds to me just like all the other Vancouver Babies crying over the loss in the cup finals.Win or lose one thing you can count on Canucks fans starting a riot!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

I love the argument that Wiese was too tired to fight.  Yes, he had a long, entertaining fight against Horton, but he then spent the next 15 mins (real time, not game time) in the box/bench, the same amount of time that Thornton did after taking on 6 of those wussbags.  Also, he said he thought he was going to fight McQuaid, not Thornton (which is BS anyways).....but wait, didn't you just say that you were too tired to fight, but not too tired to fight McQuaid instead of Thornton?? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Idk who I'd be more afraid of. They are both heavy hitters and can cause some serious damage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

McQuaid would scare me more than Thornton...he seems crazy lol

I would have loved to see McQuaid rearrange his face

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

I now knight you SIR THORNTON OF BOSTON.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainsy1. Show rainsy1's posts

Why would you not sign this guy to a contract. Even if he only has 2-3 years of playing time in front of him ,is he not the kind of person you want in your organization. He is a throw back to what the Bruins were in the 70's and 80's.This is the kind of player every team needs.Some who has your back and would go thru a brick wall for you....IMO     

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

For the record, I can't stand "Skeletor" Gallagher.  Many of the points he makes in his column are non-sensical, and he has a habit of using "unreliable" sources for his arguments.  I NEVER read his column anymore, but unfortunately have to occasionally hold my nose and bear his presence on the between-periods 'hot stove' segment on the S-Pac telecasts.

On a related subject, inviting someone on your radio show, then ambushing them with a "surprise guest" is somewhat offsides in terms of journalistic best practices.  However, if it's gonna happen to anyone, I'm glad it was Gallagher.

And on another related subject, I was most impressed with Thornton's penalty shot move.  If he keeps that up, he'll have to cut down on his fighting, for fear of damaging those hands!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

Just confirmed his BAS as-sness. I hope he retires a bruin!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Shawn Thornton unloads on Vancouver columnist Tony Gallagher *LIVE*:
    [QUOTE]For the record, I can't stand "Skeletor" Gallagher.  Many of the points he makes in his column are non-sensical, and he has a habit of using "unreliable" sources for his arguments.  I NEVER read his column anymore, but unfortunately have to occasionally hold my nose and bear his presence on the between-periods 'hot stove' segment on the S-Pac telecasts. On a related subject, inviting someone on your radio show, then ambushing them with a "surprise guest" is somewhat offsides in terms of journalistic best practices.  However, if it's gonna happen to anyone, I'm glad it was Gallagher. And on another related subject, I was most impressed with Thornton's penalty shot move.  If he keeps that up, he'll have to cut down on his fighting, for fear of damaging those hands!
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    I must say Gallagher does bear a striking resemblance to "Skeletor", never noticed that before.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Proof as to why Thornton is so loved in Boston.
    Classy and tough as nails.
    The best Bruins enforcer since Terry O'Rielly.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

[QUOTE]Proof as to why Thornton is so loved in Boston. Classy and tough as nails. The best Bruins enforcer since Terry O'Rielly.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

- Hanrahan - I LOVE the avatar.  The Bruins are so badass.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

On the Vancouver site Weise is listed as 6'2" 210 lbs so not like Thornton was going after someone smaller then him as Gallagher tries to make it look like.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

49 --

it's only an ambush if the one can't back up his opinion...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I watched the show live last night and went back on the dvr and re watched it a bunch of times. Than vancouver writer is an idiot at least if your going to try to say something have facts to back it up. Thorton put him in his place I LOVED IT! The vancouver guy who was on is good represenative of the team he covers and works for because he is gutless and nothing but a cry baby. 

I hope thorton is a bruin for many more years to come I haven't liked a bruins enforcer as much as him since Pj Stock and he brings more to the table than stock did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]49 -- it's only an ambush if the one can't back up his opinion...
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]
    So true, if Gallagher is going to come on a radio show and make a bunch of statements and doesn't even have proof to back it up then he is acting bush league. It was good to see him shown for the fool he is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And I don't think it was an ambush at all. The host had no clue that Gallagher was going to unload on Thornton like that. Just seemed opportune. It's not an ambush if you walk into it willingly.