Ship Jumpers Roll Call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Ship Jumpers Roll Call

In response to red75's comment:

To everyone who thinks being a Bruins fan is hard, let me explain my overall fandom, and why I think if you're a true fan of a team loyalty is a given, no mater what.

I'm a Vancouver Grizzlies fan - they folded.

I'm an Expos fan - they folded

I'm a Winnipeg Jets fan - they folded for 16 years

When the Expos left, I switched my allegiance to the Chicago Cubs - ' nuff said

When the Grizzlies left, I switched my allegiance to the Raptors - ' nuff said

I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan - no Superbowl ever (goddam you Anderson)

I'm a Hamilton Ti-Cats fan (one step up from the Cubs)

I'm a Tottenham Hotspur fan (one step BELOW the Cubs)

And I'm a Bruins fan - the only team in a major sport that I cheer for to win a Championship in my lifetime, and that happened just two years ago (and I'm not counting the Grey or Avco Cups)

ANYONE WHO SAYS THEY'RE HARD DONE  BY BY THIS TEAM, HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.(oops, caps lock, but I don't feel like retyping that sentence)

Did you ever wonder if the common element is...you?  Ti-Cats fan?  Inexcusable!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

First of all... don't paint every poster with the same brush, secondly... I watched every single game this year and I will analyze, criticize, compliment every minute of every game as I see fit because its my tv, my internet account, my team and my computer.  If anyone doesn't like it please oh pretty please block me.  

NAS... please stop stalking me you are creeping me out... Holey smokes.. What next.. phone my house and breath heavey in my phone? 

In response to DrCC's comment:

TK, I don't know if you read here often or not, but all season long there have been some posters who, essentially, would take verbal dumps over any fans that thought this team could still succeed.  It didn't matter if they had won the game that night, it was never good enough, it is was never about debate or discussion.  Anyone who disagreed was a blind, kool-aid drinker.

This thread (even if it is a bit juvenile) is basically a big middle finger to those posters.  Consider it a catharsis.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Look, this has gotten off kilter - the point is not that people were unaffected by the 4-1 Leaf lead, or that they "predicted" a comeback (leave that to Stanley) or even that you criticize the team "objectively" (most abused word ever).  The point is running to a forum like this at the nadir of the game and spewing hate about this that and the other thing to distance yourself from the team you support.  Same thing has been going on all year - it's how some people have been making themselves feel better when the Bruins lose - by dumping their misery on others here.  nrguy leaving the game...I couldn't do that, but he's not trying to protect his sports ego.

As for constantly trying to improve the team - there is no improvement on a Cup.  There's only style points and paper rosters.  I like the current core and I have a hard time believing that there are some brilliant moves to improve on it without fundamentally changing the construction of the team.  They've won 5 of their last 6 playoff rounds.  The Penguins look better on paper, I guess, and probably earn more style points.  But they haven't made much noise in the playoffs for three or four years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Did you ever wonder if the common element is...you?  Ti-Cats fan?  Inexcusable!

If I owned a  team, I'd pay myself to not cheer for my team (and yes, a Ti-Cats fan... when I was really little I thought their logo was cute - 30 odd years of heart break later..,.)

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Add:

BFNJ

KISS OFF! I watched the whole thing on hostile territory... a bar in Pittsburgh since I was travelling on business. I hung around taking the local abuse and finally got the last laugh!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What an awesome list of complete and total losers.

There is no honor with them.

They are not real fans.  They turned their backs on this team. 

I can't believe what has happened to some of you. I wasn't even on Monday night cause I was out of town on business. I have to re-consider posting here anymore, it's just a waste of my time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Add:

BFNJ

was he even on board tonight ?

Thanks Legion! Maybe there is one or two paying attention.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I can't believe what has happened to some of you. I wasn't even on Monday night cause I was out of town on business. I have to re-consider posting here anymore, it's just a waste of my time.

That would be a great idea.  But please, don't simply re-consider.  Give it the green light.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The reactions to getting included on the list is what is making this thread even better. 

Chronic complainers defending their stance on complaining. Love it !

Seeing them thrown under the bus is what they're used to handing out.

Great job to all !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The reactions to getting included on the list is what is making this thread even better. 

Chronic complainers defending their stance on complaining. Love it !

Seeing them thrown under the bus is what they're used to handing out.

Great job to all !

That's the funny part.  The utter disregard that they are only getting their own medicine here.  At least credit SoxFanIL for acknowledging that he had it coming.  The others are seemingly oblivious.

Along the lines of the "stalking" charges here -- I think Denise Richards might be stalking me.  Every time I pull up her pictures on the internet, she stares at me...wantingly...c'mon Denise, get a life...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

First of all... don't paint every poster with the same brush, secondly... I watched every single game this year and I will analyze, criticize, compliment every minute of every game as I see fit because its my tv, my internet account, my team and my computer.  If anyone doesn't like it please oh pretty please block me.  

Perhaps you have been a bit unfairly included as I don't recall you being one of the more egregious "offenders" during the season, except that nearly all of your few posts were complaints.  Given the content of your posts during game 7 though, you really should not be surprised at your inclusion.

And now to channel my inner Bookboy - it is certainly your right to analyze, criticize, and compliment as you see fit, but it is also the right of others to dislike it and let you know.  If you don't like that, you can always put them on ignore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I welcome opposing ideas and views.  I love for people to tell me I am wrong and I could eventually agree I am or diagree. My problem is with juvenile "wagon jumper" lists that are put together by people who think they own this board.

I'd love to see who they really are and see what "list" they belong in.

In response to DrCC's comment:

>

And now to channel my inner Bookboy - it is certainly your right to analyze, criticize, and compliment as you see fit, but it is also the right of others to dislike it and let you know.  If you don't like that, you can always put them on ignore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I welcome opposing ideas and views.  I love for people to tell me I am wrong and I could eventually agree I am or diagree. My problem is with juvenile "wagon jumper" lists that are put together by people who think they own this board.

I'd love to see who they really are and see what "list" they belong in.

I'll help you out with the "list" we belong in.  It's the list of people that are putting a spotlight on how much of a fool you are, how pitiful you are, and how pitiful the rest of your Misery Loves Company group is.

8:09pm:  Game over.

What a jerk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And what is the rational discussion about the game that you expect in return to that quote NAS keeps throwing in your face?  That's the stuff that people are objecting to - it isn't in the world of "ideas and views".  It's spewing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Which quote?  the "game over" or the "panties".  99.9% of the world thought the game was over and if you say you didn't think that than you are a liar.  

Did the "panties"  comment upset him?  Did I hit a nerve with that word?

BTW, I keep responding because I do find it entertaining and I am having fun.  Stalkers have their purpose in this world.

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

And what is the rational discussion about the game that you expect in return to that quote NAS keeps throwing in your face?  That's the stuff that people are objecting to - it isn't in the world of "ideas and views".  It's spewing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Which quote?  the "game over" or the "panties".  99.9% of the world thought the game was over and if you say you didn't think that than you are a liar. 

In typical Gloom and Doom fashion, you posted "game over" at 8:09pm.

I can honestly say that I didn't think the game was over at that time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Congratualtions to you.. you are the best.  If it wasn't for a miaraculous melt down by the leafs and amazing push by the B's I would have been right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Congratualtions to you.. you are the best.  If it wasn't for a miaraculous melt down by the leafs and amazing push by the B's I would have been right.

What "miraculous Leafs meltdown"? The Leafs weren't taking bad penalties and turning pucks over. Bob McKenzie commented on how unfair it was to say the Bruins win was a result of the Leafs playing poorly when in reality, the win was a result of the Bruins taking their game to another level. Trying to attribute it to a meltdown by the Leafs is even weaker than bailing on your team with time left on the clock.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Read my post... I said a "miraculous meltdown" AND "amazing push by the b's".  We don't win that game if both don't happen.  Wow, have guys ever played sports before?

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

What "miraculous Leafs meltdown"? The Leafs weren't taking bad penalties and turning pucks over. Bob McKenzie commented on how unfair it was to say the Bruins win was a result of the Leafs playing poorly when in reality, the win was a result of the Bruins taking their game to another level. Trying to attribute it to a meltdown by the Leafs is even weaker than bailing on your team with time left on the clock.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Read my post... I said a "miraculous meltdown" AND "amazing push by the b's".  We don't win that game if both don't happen.  Wow, have guys ever played sports before?

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

What was the "meltdown" then? The Leafs were still getting breakaways and they weren't turning pucks over. What meltdown?  They were bested by a better team. Saying there was a meltdown is a  cop out. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Btw matt, you must've been quite the athlete. Always ready to fold up shop when the going gets tough