Ship Jumpers Roll Call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Ship Jumpers Roll Call

Pathetic stuff above.  All that pant-wetting before the game was even over.  Strap on a set and realize that pro teams don't win 10-0 in every game and sweep every series.  

If you don't have the stones to deal with a little risk, maybe hockey isn't the sport for you.  Big risk = big reward.  Last night was amazing for the Bruins fans that didn't wave the white flag when they were down.  Sucks to be you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

I don't care who jumped ship or who thought/knew they had a miracle in them.

Where is the satisfaction in name calling and telling folks to hit the bricks? No one is above the negativity at any given point (except maybe the gentleman of the board, RHO). Because NAS started the "Fire All Coaches" thread in early April does that put him in the ship jumpers club?

It's not just a game, it's a great game. Just watch and enjoy. Stick with your team to the end..whatever end that may be.

We need to collectively get over ourselves.

I agree OB but what I can't accept is being treated like I'm a fool for refusing to stop believing. Folks are welcome to bail on the team whenever they'd like. Just don't call me a fool for not bailing too. I've personally never told anyone to leave. Speaking of that, I hope Trytobearit was able to see that comeback. I miss reading his posts regardless of how often he and I butted heads over them. Go Bruins! 12 more wins!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

That's just it though, there is nothing wrong with complaining about this team or ripping the guys who deserve it.  There is nothing wrong with complaining about the coaching or management.  Nothing wrong with calling for change (Fire Ward).  But after the cheap Sinden years, and the Ftorek years, and the Dave Lewis years, I simply can't believe that any true Bruins fans would be such a spoiled wimp as to come unglued in the middle of a PLAYOFF series.

I am happy they made the playoffs.  I'm happy they went up 3-1 in the series.  Sure, games 5, 6, and most of game 7 were miserable, but instead of being a reactionary little twit, some fans here stuck around, watched the game, and hoped for the best.  We got it.  The ship bailers missed it.  

I have no problem with taking a day or two to point out how pathetic they are to miss out of this amazing comeback because they were already waving the white flag and pissing their pants, while their "favorite team" threw an increbile 10th round knockout.

Eat crow p*#sies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Where is the satisfaction in name calling and telling folks to hit the bricks? No one is above the negativity at any given point (except maybe the gentleman of the board, RHO). Because NAS started the "Fire All Coaches" thread in early April does that put him in the ship jumpers club?

It's not just a game, it's a great game. Just watch and enjoy. Stick with your team to the end..whatever end that may be.

Calling for a new coach is bailing on the team?

I didn't turn my back on the players.  In fact, calling for a coaching change is a vote of confidence for the players.

As opposed to calling them gutless puukes and choke artists, of course.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Add JWensick to the list.

Skrew you with your "list" - I've been bleeding black and gold probably longer than you have been on the planet. I couldn't be any happier that this team showed true heart and guts, depended on some youth for a change, and pull out all the stops in the offensive zone...even if it meant that their coach only did it because he had no choice.

This whole "good fan" thing list couldn't be any more gay if you tried.

Way to make yourself look like an even bigger fool by using 'gay' as an insult.

welcome to 2013 and the ignore list.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I agree OB but what I can't accept is being treated like I'm a fool for refusing to stop believing. Folks are welcome to bail on the team whenever they'd like. Just don't call me a fool for not bailing too. I've personally never told anyone to leave. Speaking of that, I hope Trytobearit was able to see that comeback. I miss reading his posts regardless of how often he and I butted heads over them. Go Bruins! 12 more wins!

Never stop believing then. Simple as that. My hats off to all who held on to the threads of hope and were rewarded for their loyalty. It was sweeter for you. The ship jumpers know they were wrong and ended up sounding stupid, and can live with that on their own terms. I just don't see the satisfaction in rubbing noses in it...and if rubbing it in makes anyone feel better or superior, well, I just don't find that all that glorious either, but who the f am I to say? I've sworn up and down at the B's innumerable times, but they're still my favorite team at the end of the day.

<takes off vestments and steps off of pulpit>

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

That's just it though, there is nothing wrong with complaining about this team or ripping the guys who deserve it.  There is nothing wrong with complaining about the coaching or management.  Nothing wrong with calling for change (Fire Ward).  But after the cheap Sinden years, and the Ftorek years, and the Dave Lewis years, I simply can't believe that any true Bruins fans would be such a spoiled wimp as to come unglued in the middle of a PLAYOFF series.

I am happy they made the playoffs.  I'm happy they went up 3-1 in the series.  Sure, games 5, 6, and most of game 7 were miserable, but instead of being a reactionary little twit, some fans here stuck around, watched the game, and hoped for the best.  We got it.  The ship bailers missed it.  

I have no problem with taking a day or two to point out how pathetic they are to miss out of this amazing comeback because they were already waving the white flag and pissing their pants, while their "favorite team" threw an increbile 10th round knockout.

Eat crow p*#sies.

Awesome post Fletch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Calling for a new coach is bailing on the team?

I didn't turn my back on the players.  In fact, calling for a coaching change is a vote of confidence for the players.

As opposed to calling them gutless puukes and choke artists, of course.

No you didn't (save thorny/thorty/thorts), and you're no ship jumper. It was just an example that it isn't all fluffy teddy bears and red roses, nor is it doom and gloom after every loss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Never stop believing then. Simple as that. My hats off to all who held on to the threads of hope and were rewarded for their loyalty. It was sweeter for you. The ship jumpers know they were wrong and ended up sounding stupid, and can live with that on their own terms. I just don't see the satisfaction in rubbing noses in it...and if rubbing it in makes anyone feel better or superior, well, I just don't find that all that glorious either, but who the f am I to say? I've sworn up and down at the B's innumerable times, but they're still my favorite team at the end of the day.

<takes off vestments and steps off of pulpit>

It wasn't just last night's game, OB.  These traitors have been posting garbage for quite a while.  They finally felt vindicated as their predictions seemed to be coming true.  We've had to read hundreds of posts about the Choking Bruins and the guys who don't care and this junk and that junk.

Now they have to face the music.

We aren't going over to the Leafs boards (hopefully) and acting like 49s.  We're calling the jerks who have added countless gallons of poison here, and we're making them drink it.

And you know what?  It feels really, really good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It wasn't just last night's game, OB.  These traitors have been posting garbage for quite a while.  They finally felt vindicated as their predictions seemed to be coming true.  We've had to read hundreds of posts about the Choking Bruins and the guys who don't care and this junk and that junk.

Now they have to face the music.

We aren't going over to the Leafs boards (hopefully) and acting like 49s.  We're calling the jerks who have added countless gallons of poison here, and we're making them drink it.

And you know what?  It feels really, really good.

fair enough

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

There is a difference between calling for the firing of the coach and disliking the goon...and calling the team gutless puukes/choke artists/losers and constantly predicting the end of the season.

Yeah, there is a difference, but it's "of degrees" bro. Just because you believe "your targets" are more valid than someone elses doesnt change anything and it smacks of holier than thou too, which no one likes.
    And to slam a fan that couldn't subject themselves to something this team has done quite a bit of and they decide to change the channel. Yeah, their loss, they missed an awesome comeback win for our team. But to start trashing them? Really?

Grading fans..this is as bad as the jerk-offs that just say "Lucic sucks.. Bruins blow now.."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yea yuo blind fanboy !  cheers !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I did not waiver in 2011 nor last night.  I did call my brother when it was tied up.  He was getting his jammies on, what a loser!

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

Redemption?

I have given up on redemption. I am not so blidly optimistic that I will ignore the problems with this team.

I apologize in advance, but you are all completely ignorant if you didn't believe for one moment that the B's were in trouble. If a comeback of that sort has NEVER happened in NHL history, you don't automatically think, "Oh, well there is no way the B's will lose this game." It just doesn't work that way.

The fourth Toronto goal was the lowest point of tonight's game. If you didn't feel anger or disappointment or frustration whatsoever, then what is to prevent me from calling you the non-true fan? As a fan, those are the emotions that you should be flooded with at that time.

I displayed my anger by making that stupid post saying, "No comeback tonight." Seemed like a pretty reasonable thing to say at the time. I was very frustrated with their effort at that point. I decided to voice it on the forum. Maybe I was the stupid one for allowing myself to do so. But I did it, and I won't take it back because that was exactly what I was feeling at that time.

Thus ends my little rant.

You know who didn't do that?

Bsl.

Shupe.

SanDog.

Kelvana.

Fletcher.

Dez.

RHO.

(the list goes on and on and on of people who didn't turn their backs on the team like you did)

(( don't be upset if you weren't listed there.  I'm typing this one quickly because I have to get back to bashing all of the naysayers.)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I couldn't have been happier to hear about all of the "fans" who left the game at 4-1 only to attempt to get back in after the comeback started. They had a chance to see a historic comeback in person and they threw it away. Hilarious stuff. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Yeah, there is a difference, but it's "of degrees" bro.

Sure, bro.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

There was a point last night when the channel on my TV changed.  I then pulled the remote out from under the black lab and changed it back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Loved this thread. 

Payback ? Swwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I couldn't have been happier to hear about all of the "fans" who left the game at 4-1 only to attempt to get back in after the comeback started. They had a chance to see a historic comeback in person and they threw it away. Hilarious stuff. 

You're right dez...I never understood why people spend so much money to get into the building, only to leave early to beat the traffic.  You just never know what this sport, or any other, will do to change history.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

There was a point last night when the channel on my TV changed.  I then pulled the remote out from under the black lab and changed it back.

Now that is funny.

I lost it twice last night and the timing may surprise you (but I never changed the channel).

I was super p*ssed when they allowed the tying goal as the leafs' 2nd power play was ticking down.  I figured the longer the Bruins had the lead the more likely the leafs would get frustrated and that would lead to a turnover and a 2nd Boston goal.  That brought out many 4 letter words and my wife wasn't to happy.

The other time was right at the end of the 3rd period believe it or not.  Peverly tries a little stick handle to get in a better scoring position and the puck hops over his stick.  It is late in the 3rd, the ice is bad and Reimer has just let in 2 goals - just put the puck to the net and see if you can get a lucky one to end it.  You would have thought I would have been happy that they tied it but I didn't want the leafs to have the intermission to regroup.  Get that puck on the net and you have a chance to end it right there.  I have broken remotes before (when Petr Klims scored in 3OT in 1990) so I threw a kleenex box instead.  My older son who is 19 was laughing later as he described it.  I went and picked it up and seemed to have calmed down and then the moment of calmness passed and I whipped it into the wall again.  I think it was just all the energy from the emotion of the night.  What a roller coaster of a game.

It all turned out great and I was the only guy on my street I am sure whooping it up when the Bruins scored.  It was magic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

He's at the pound now right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I found a picture of ipot from last night. he's on the right. 

NAS.

I agree with your insight regarding the true colors of many who frequent this sight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

So I guess the 20,000 fans who were booing the B's at the TD centre aren't real fans right? The ones that spend thousands on season tickets or travelled across the country to watch a game should no longer be fans?  I've been with the B's since watching Orr and Espo and through the lowest years after the Thornton trade.

The word fan originates from FAN-atic not FAN-boy.  I am fanatical about the B's and tell it like it is and I criticize because I want the problem areas to get fixed.

Now stop talking about me and get back to your paper route.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Thanks boys, been a tough stretch.  Much appreciated.  Go B's

Sorry for your loss Fletch! Love your stuff when you're here! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The Globe has put out a call to try to get interviews with some of the fans in attendance last night that left early.  That should be a fun article.