shootouts...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

shootouts...

WHY does Julien CONTINUE to use Ryder in the shootouts??? Did Ryder catch him with a sheep? OMG...all Ryder does is skate in..and shoot up high left or right...PREDICTABLE....I am sure the long lost art of the deke is going the way of the of the Cooperalls (ugggh).
     The shootout against the Kings was painfull to watch...I was SCREAMING at my TV...most all the B's just walked in and shot...I am way off base here or  do others see it that way too? Who would you use for your starting 3 if YOU had the choice to win the extra point? My choices are 1)Seguin 2) Bergeron 3)Horton
    Savvy a close 3a...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: shootouts...

You are complaining about Ryder being predictable but want Bergeron in the shootout?  Bergeron is the most predictable of them all, he has done the same exact deke to the glove side and try to slide it 5 hole move on 95% of his shootout attempts for years.  And it hardly ever works.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

For some reason against LA they all seemed to try going 5 hole, why ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Bergy needs to deke more too...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: shootouts...:
    [QUOTE]For some reason against LA they all seemed to try going 5 hole, why ?
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

Just a guess here but I'll go with scouting report.  Obviously didn't work out so good that night.

I'm as big a Bergeron supporter as there is on these boards.  That said, I agree that he needs another (or two or three) move(s).  Even though he didn't score, I was glad that Seguin didn't use the same move that used for his other shootout attempt (a goal).  The more tricks you have, the more the goalie doesn't know what to expect.  If you only have one (Bergy), the goalie's prepared.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

With 6 players coming up short the other night why pick on Ryder? How about relax, be creative and try to have fun with it? If all the shooters pretty much use the same move CJ may as well put Rask and Thomas out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PJjLHXw4fI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3DBH9LnjS8

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

were they even trying?

Thomas couldnt get off the ice fast enough after the handzus goal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Use the players with the good stick skills-- my choices

1. Seguin
    2. Marchand
    3. Krejci
    4. Bergeron
    5. Horton

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Seguin
    Horton
    Id try Marchand or Caron
    Krejci
    Chara

Chara isnt bad in the shout out still better than 90%of the b's forwards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

Seguin
    Caron
    Marchand
    Horton
    Krejci

Recchi

Bergeron (disappointed with him too many times).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

Reason:
    Seguin, Caron,Horton seem to be the only 3 who can roof the puck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think they use Ryder partly to mix things up because he is a pure shooter while the other guys are usually try to deke around the goalie.  I know Krejci shot early last time, but that was the exception.  Ryder forces the goalie to come out and play the angle instead of sitting back waiting for the deke.  Of course, he misses the net a lot too.

I think Krejci is the most skilled at shootouts on the team.  Seguin obviously looks good and I agree with others that Marchand should get a look too -- he's seems to finish pretty well.

Recchi?? No.  That guy is all about tips and rebounds, not finesse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Chara
    Horton
    Seguin
    Krejic
    Caron

Have Chara blast a slap shot from point blank to start and scare the bejesus out of the goalie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: shootouts...:
    [QUOTE]were they even trying? Thomas couldnt get off the ice fast enough after the handzus goal.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

I'v always liked that about Thomas actually, what Duthie refers to as "Angry Tim" and that "he loks like someone threw a hand grenade in his net after he loses a shootout."

I think you could take some of the younger players and tell the to just be creative. I was suprised that the LA game was Lucic's first career shootout. Maybe Looch, Caron, and Marchand should be getting a few more chances on it.