Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos?

Guy was nowhere to be found in the second half of the season and for the playoffs. Marchand is a proven winner who shows up when needed. You don't teach that, you either have it or you don't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos? : oh, sorry, you read some stats...how silly of me, i just watched him play. were you watching the playoffs shupe?
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]
    Did you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos? : Did you?
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

ummm ya, battled hard in all 3 zones and was good positionally, blocked shots other than the one he took in the face.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

The only way you get Stamkos is by trading for his rights. Tampa has already filed for arbitration with him, and the only way you'd get them to trade his negotiating rights is if they feel they can't re-sign him, which they feel they will. Second, that's a really dumb proposal. You'd trade Marchand, whose a winger, our rising star backup goalie, the kid we drafted two days ago, and 3 first rounders for Stamkos? They'd start the conversation with Krejci, Kampfer, Tuukka, and next year's first, and that's only the starting point. Let's leave fantasy land and come back to the real world now, Stamkos isn't going to wear the spoked B anytime soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos?:
    I know everybody will jump on me with my proposal. But if Chiarelli could pull it off we would see a few more Cups. My proposal: To Tampa Brad Marchand Tuuka Rask Dougie Hamilton/ or any 1 of the Bruins top prospects and 3 1rst round draft picks To Boston Steven Stamkos Or Chiarelli can simply go the offer sheet route which would fetch TB 4 1rst round picks. With Marchand Tampa gets a little spark plug capable of 20-30 goals, With Tuuka the get a young #1 goalie that can step right in and help. They would probably want Hamilton as he is one of the top Dman prospects in the world and the 3 picks are also great compensation. Also right away in this deal the Lightning save about 5 million. If you were Stevie Y and thought you may lose Satmkos for 4 1rst round picks would you take this deal instead? I would. Now the Bruin benefits Very top heavy Lucic Krejci Horton Seguin Bergeron Stamkos Peverly Kelly Rookie/Ufa Thornton Campbell Paille Chara Seidenberg Ference Boychuck Mcquaid Kampfer Rookie/Ufa Thomas Ufa With TT in net, Chara and Seidenberg anchoring the D and an offensive punch like that. We would be set. What a dream that was, I just woke up. Thoughts
    Posted by lucicfan

That is ajoke ...I wouldnt even trade Marchand one on one for Stamkos ..what did Stamkos do in the playoffs ...compare to Marchand ...give me a break ...
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Why do people still respond to video game proposals? Stamkos is a gamer but this proposal is just not grounded in reality.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos? : oh, sorry, you read some stats...how silly of me, i just watched him play. were you watching the playoffs shupe?

I was.  He was near invisible in round one to the point they moved him to the
    3rd line.  He showed up against the Caps in a 4 games sweep but still wasnt their best player.  In round 3 he could have been the difference maker but was shut out in game 7. 
    Once again, you are jumping on every negative word instead of everything.  I looked up stats.  Stats arent the be all.  But with these its pretty freaking staggering.  He is the best PP guy in the league.  But are you telling me you want him on the ice with a one goal lead.   Or how about on the PK? 
    I said he is an elite player.  I just don't think he is a complete player.  And he isnt that good at all ends.  They play a 1-3-1.  Kinda hard to be outta position I would think. 

Where have you been anyway.  I miss arguing with you. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

B's won't have to go after a big name until they need to sell more tickets.  That's at least a few years away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I know everybody will jump on me with my proposal. But if Chiarelli could pull it off we would see a few more Cups. My proposal: To Tampa Brad Marchand Tuuka Rask Dougie Hamilton/ or any 1 of the Bruins top prospects and 3 1rst round draft picks To Boston Steven Stamkos Or Chiarelli can simply go the offer sheet route which would fetch TB 4 1rst round picks. With Marchand Tampa gets a little spark plug capable of 20-30 goals, With Tuuka the get a young #1 goalie that can step right in and help. They would probably want Hamilton as he is one of the top Dman prospects in the world and the 3 picks are also great compensation. Also right away in this deal the Lightning save about 5 million. If you were Stevie Y and thought you may lose Satmkos for 4 1rst round picks would you take this deal instead? I would. Now the Bruin benefits Very top heavy Lucic Krejci Horton Seguin Bergeron Stamkos Peverly Kelly Rookie/Ufa Thornton Campbell Paille Chara Seidenberg Ference Boychuck Mcquaid Kampfer Rookie/Ufa Thomas Ufa With TT in net, Chara and Seidenberg anchoring the D and an offensive punch like that. We would be set. What a dream that was, I just woke up. Thoughts
    Posted by lucicfan

The only way I would want Stamkos is a trade one on one Paille for Stamkos ..or else ...you dont touch our team ...we're the CHAMPS

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

You are giving up way too much based on your proposed offer. Also Stamkos seems to score goals only because he is playing with St. Louis. But if he was by himself, he does not seem like the type of player who can score goals in the clutch. Therefore, I would say no to this. Plus I don't think the Bruins want to tie up so much money in one player after resigining Chara

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

This is one of the worst trade proposition that i have ever heard.  Trade the entire Bs future for 1 guy!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

this is the worst thread that has ever been on these boards

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

[QUOTE]I know everybody will jump on me with my proposal. But if Chiarelli could pull it off we would see a few more Cups. My proposal: To Tampa Brad Marchand Tuuka Rask Dougie Hamilton/ or any 1 of the Bruins top prospects and 3 1rst round draft picks To Boston Steven Stamkos Or Chiarelli can simply go the offer sheet route which would fetch TB 4 1rst round picks. With Marchand Tampa gets a little spark plug capable of 20-30 goals, With Tuuka the get a young #1 goalie that can step right in and help. They would probably want Hamilton as he is one of the top Dman prospects in the world and the 3 picks are also great compensation. Also right away in this deal the Lightning save about 5 million. If you were Stevie Y and thought you may lose Satmkos for 4 1rst round picks would you take this deal instead? I would. Now the Bruin benefits Very top heavy Lucic Krejci Horton Seguin Bergeron Stamkos Peverly Kelly Rookie/Ufa Thornton Campbell Paille Chara Seidenberg Ference Boychuck Mcquaid Kampfer Rookie/Ufa Thomas Ufa With TT in net, Chara and Seidenberg anchoring the D and an offensive punch like that. We would be set. What a dream that was, I just woke up. Thoughts
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

throw in lecavielr and st louis and minus a first round pick, then maybe, just maybe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

On top of the ridiculous amount the B's would give up and that this trade doesn't fit the 'Bruins mold,' Stamkos is not a 2nd line player on any team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos? : throw in lecavielr and st louis and minus a first round pick, then maybe, just maybe.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]
    Of course I threw up in my mouth when I read the sheer foolishness of this proposal originally. But you bring up a pretty fascinating scenario... How about St. Louis and Thomas on the same team again? I'm sure practices would be a blast.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

First: 5/11/2010
    Last: 6/27/2011
    lucicfan - I hate to say that this is the dumbest trade proposal ever, but...

THIS IS THE DUMBEST TRADE PROPOSAL EVER.

EVER!!

I SECOND THAT!!!

As far as CocktossTONY--- nothing he has ever said-- nothing-- is even worth the BS he puts on his dinner plate each night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I would absolutely get stamkos if possible.  Why not add to this team?  Savvy + Ryder + Kabs salary = Stamkos and marchand.  Honestly, I would be in favor of trading away almost any of our other wingers to make room for a guy like him, he is a top 3 NHL talent and player, Ilya K is top 10 talent not top 10 player.  Put Stamkos with Krejci or Bergy, Seguin grows to play with the other center, and you have 2 amazing scoring lines for years, inluding your PP.  Combine that with the Chara/Seid shut down combo and TT back stopping (and eventually tuukka), and you have what Stanley predicts every year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

What does Stanley predict every year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Actually Dauber, I thought Stamkos played poor defensively against Boston. The series winning goal was a result of him getting lost in coverage. He backchecked hard but had no idea who to take once he got there. It's no knock on him. I think he's already shown he's on par with the world's best players and he'll only get better. I just think his play in his own zone still needs some work.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Do you prefer Lebanese blond or Morrocan Gold? Whatever, go smoke another big fatty