Sit Marchand?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlankStares. Show BlankStares's posts

Sit Marchand?

I cant stand that national pundits have video evidence of a Bruin diving. No excuse for that embellishment by Marchand in the Third on Monday.

Should Julien put in Caron and sit Marchand for game 4?

Now THAT would send a message.

Vancouver dives, Montreal dives, Boston takes shots to the chin by a cross check and they sit there and take it.

I love the little weasel. I have no problem with his antics. He crossed a line (again).

I would welcome seeing 63 in the press box tomorrow night.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Sit Marchand?

I'm sure CJ has already addressed the issue with Marchand and that's the end of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Sit Marchand?:
    [QUOTE]I cant stand that national pundits have video evidence of a Bruin diving. No excuse for that embellishment by Marchand in the Third on Monday. Should Julien put in Caron and sit Marchand for game 4? Now THAT would send a message. Vancouver dives, Montreal dives, Boston takes shots to the chin by a cross check and they sit there and take it. I love the little weasel. I have no problem with his antics. He crossed a line (again). I would welcome seeing 63 in the press box tomorrow night. Thoughts?
    Posted by BlankStares[/QUOTE]

You send messages in November, not April.  Talk to him for sure, but no benching.  I'd even venture a guess that Tyler could sleep in tomorrow morning and still play. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Take him out to the woodshed, but don't bench him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

So now we are benching Seguin for not hitting and Marchand for diving? Two 1st line players? Really? Come on folks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlankStares. Show BlankStares's posts

Do you think Marchand is trying to get himself out the funk the way Lucic did on Monday?

Problem is ramping up being a b@dass is ok, ramping up being a pest is not.

I also agree that inhouse is perfectly fine. (woodshed... I love it)

Maybe I should have started the thread with "Are you ok with his antics in Game 3?"

I am soundly in the "no" party here.

Hope he lights it up in Game four.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

For some discussion, read this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlankStares. Show BlankStares's posts

Thank you DrCC. I didn't see that originally.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Sit Marchand?:
    [QUOTE]So now we are benching Seguin for not hitting and Marchand for diving? Two 1st line players? Really? Come on folks!
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Agree kel.  Amazing how unhappy people can be with a 2-1 series lead.  Solutions in search of problems.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This is a horrible suggestion.  It's not like Marchand tarnished his sparkling reputation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]This is a horrible suggestion.  It's not like Marchand tarnished his sparkling reputation.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    The poster's arrival date tells me he's just another of the Null/Cactus creations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

My Bad!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sit Marchand? : The poster's arrival date tells me he's just another of the Null/Cactus creations.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]My Bad! In Response to Re: Sit Marchand? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    I'm not positive, just really suspicious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A very stupid idea if I do say so.  A marginal embellisment on a play where the opponent apologized to him.  I thought the fall was a little spectacular and I bet he knows not to go down that road, on this team.

The suggestion of anything more probably comes from people who want to see the Bruins lose.

Marchand will be fine.  Stop the whining.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I can't honestly say that I think he was over embellishing. If he gets knocked off balance and goes down I have no issue with that. It may be embellished a little but if I get bumped and I'm off balance I usually fall down and bounce back up. I hate trying to regain my balance from awkward positions. Not to mention if you stretch awkwardly trying regain your balance it can pull a muscle.

Not saying that he didn't embellish a little, but people fall down, it happens.

Not to mention Alzner apologized (classy, and un-classy taunting, sorta cancels out), Marchand got speared in the jewels, and he got shoved while off balance with his back to the play.

Whatever. I'm not going to argue. I don't see him 100% at fault here. I think he may have dove once. But a case can be made for each instance with a reasonable explanation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]I can't honestly say that I think he was over embellishing. If he gets knocked off balance and goes down I have no issue with that. It may be embellished a little but if I get bumped and I'm off balance I usually fall down and bounce back up. I hate trying to regain my balance from awkward positions. Not to mention if you stretch awkwardly trying regain your balance it can pull a muscle. Not saying that he didn't embellish a little, but people fall down, it happens. Not to mention Alzner apologized (classy, and un-classy taunting, sorta cancels out), Marchand got speared in the jewels, and he got shoved while off balance with his back to the play. Whatever. I'm not going to argue. I don't see him 100% at fault here. I think he may have dove once. But a case can be made for each instance with a reasonable explanation.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

No one would call Hartnell a diver, and he spends more time lying on the ice than a polar bear.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlankStares. Show BlankStares's posts

Dezaruchi, I'm not. I have null on ignore myself.

If I was null I would have said "Marchand should be suspended for losing his balance. How many times does he have to do this before gregory's daddy opens his eyes!!!!"

I'm just usually a lurker and I got particualry bored today.

Happy I brought a few suggestions and killed some time here at work today.

I am just passionate about image and I had missed the thread that DrCC brought to my attention.

wait... I have to say I'm really offended. I mean Come on!! You think I 'm null??????

Back to lurking.

(lol)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The jewels knock and the one that drew a penalty, you can't really criticize him for.

The other ones where it looks like he was shot? Maybe, but they weren't that bad especially the one where he got hit on an offsides, no need for the defenseman to go high on those (although with Marchand, that's pretty easy).

There's also a difference between embellishing and diving. The ones I didn't see that well, I'd argue they're more embellishing than diving. A little embellishment, I'm ok with it everyone does it (high sticking calls, slashes, etc.).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Big to do about nothing.

And exactly Red. Hartnell falls all over himself. So does Pouliot. I wouldn't call either a diver. Just because Marchand is a much above average skater doesn't mean he's diving if he falls down. McQuaid falls down frequently and head butts the boards :( not a knock on Quaider because he's a beast and I guarantee NO ONE would see he dives.

I thought that "clip" from John Stewart was pretty immature, innaccurate, and honestly, a bit ignorant. John Stewart clearly doesn't know diddly about hockey, he should stick to making fun of news stories which is his forte. Leave hockey to the NHL network.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlankStares. Show BlankStares's posts

Although the picture of a scuba diver with the Bruins logo on the head was pretty funny.

I thought the whole episode reeked of we're from NY and Boston sucks.

It was tough to watch and keep calm as they showed one side of everything.

Put the entire show in a new perspective for me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

WTH? Bench Marchand? Seriously? This guy was a major part of the run last year.

Anyone ever consider the fact that he's pretty undersized for the NHL and maybe he isn't diving, but actually getting knocked around a little bit? Some of you sound like Felger, and I love his enthusiasm for the sport, but he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about when it comes to hockey and makes himself sound like an idiot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Ok finally caught another glance at it.

Diving on 1. Embellishing on 1. Fine on the first 2.

Penalties offset. Play on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Big to do about nothing. And exactly Red. Hartnell falls all over himself. So does Pouliot. I wouldn't call either a diver. Just because Marchand is a much above average skater doesn't mean he's diving if he falls down. McQuaid falls down frequently and head butts the boards :( not a knock on Quaider because he's a beast and I guarantee NO ONE would see he dives. I thought that "clip" from John Stewart was pretty immature, innaccurate, and honestly, a bit ignorant. John Stewart clearly doesn't know diddly about hockey, he should stick to making fun of news stories which is his forte. Leave hockey to the NHL network.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

The Jon Stewart thing is a fake/parody that some Vancouver fan put together with some video editing.  Right?

It's a joke with the clips dubbed in with Stewart's audio.  Stewart doesn't care about the Bruins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sit Marchand? : The Jon Stewart thing is a fake/parody that some Vancouver fan put together with some video editing.  Right? It's a joke with the clips dubbed in with Stewart's audio.  Stewart doesn't care about the Bruins.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I was confused by it. I like John Stewart but would have been unhappy with him if that were real.