SIT SEGUIN CALL UP CARON OR PLAY PAILLE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: SIT SEGUIN CALL UP CARON OR PLAY PAILLE

B's8.
    Brave post your going to catch a lot of flake on that though.. I don't know if seguin has to be benched but I think he hasnt shown the need for more minutes (like some fans are calling for) Caron is probably a better NHL player at this point, but I dont know if he makes the team better, hes not a better offensive player then seguin, and that is probably still our biggest hole, if were dressing paille, I dont think we need caron on the PK, and hes certainly not going to play on the PP.. So the decision is ok, I dont think seguin over caron is hurting the team, Seguin did out play him in the 20 games they were both on the team for.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Now that we're going back on what certain people have said in the past let's look back on some gems ( sorry BB but when someone calls others out on what they have said he needs to be reminded ) :

only crosby and ovy will have more goals than kessel this season

rypien im giving a standing o next time van comes to the garden! 

we need wideman back

kessel is probably in the 20-25 top players in the nhl

care to wager on this season i will bet you kes has atleast 10 more goals than lucic or in fact ill go 1 step furthr he will have 10 more goals than any bruin this season 

the bruins were to ice the best team possible starting today hamill should be in there instead of seguin...

but zach looks like hes gonna help us which every bs fan should be happy about

hamill will be 3rd line center

ok we will see hamill opening night roster...

toronto will win the ne div....................

Just a small sample of someone who says that nobody knows their hockey like him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Isn't playing 6:30 minutes pretty much sitting the whole game ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

He needs to get consistent minutes on a offensive line for a 10 game stretch to decide whether he deserves minutes or not.  At 18 if he plays 15 minutes one night and 7 minutes another and then gets benched for long stretches, what is going to happen when he finally gets to play?  Exactly what is happening now - he tries too hard, panics and looks lost trying to play his game while also trying to play fathead's system. Anyone who thinks Seguin should not play more minutes is drinking the CJ kool-aid. Again you will all get what you deserve in the play-offs AGAIN!!!  I am not saying at 18 that Seguin is going to lead us to the promised land this year, but relying on Ryder and even Recchi (I respect this guy big time but having him as one of your main go to guys is an issue) to get us there means another 2nd round exit at best. Find a place that Seguin can play where he can add offense (maybe it is more power play time) .  This will hopefully help his development and confidence and give Boston another weapon to go with Lucic etc.  It is fine to have guys like Ryder to add to your offense but he gets  guaranteed minutes including power play time even though his effort is inconsistent.  CJ is a typical veteran player's coach, Ryder can float and still get ice but Seguin has to play on pins and needles, knowing if he makes a mistake he will be on the bench.  You can't do this to your potential franchise player.  Clod should have been fired after the embarrassing collapse last year but we kept him on why - so he could potentially ruin our greatest asset!!!?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

LINES SHOULD BE    91-17-73     46-26-63    37-28-18    22-20-11    19 ON THE BENCH

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

i just got sick to my stomach

play Paille??? over Sequin???.....WHAT IN THE WORLD JUST HAPPENED

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I think it's little to early to give up on Seguin.He definetly looked better early in season,he's having trouble with defensive system Julien preaches.At the start of season there were games i watched that i was saying wow,this kid is the real deal,now he just looks lost out there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Caron is more nhl ready than Seguin. Much better at board play and defense. Seguin's special skills can't come alive also playing the way he does now

Look at stamkos. He is fearless this year and especially strong on the boards and on his own end (barely there though since he is dancing around on the opposing end)

Bigger problem i see in Seguin is his lack of aggression on the ice. At best he could become someone as good as Sakic/Yzerman and at worst Alexandre Daigle/Afiniganov. Can't tell until 2nd and 3rd year. If Seguin can be demoted to the ahl he would be right now. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

when camp is back either call up caron or play paille  sit seguin thats whats best for this team today, im not talking about 3 years from now..im talking to ice the best team seguin sits caron or paille is a better option today

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

everyone was calling for cj's head last time he sat seguin. then again, they call for his head after every game (win or lose).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Caron is certainly nhl ready more than segs, but i said this before and ill never stop saying it. Segiun on a line with bergie and caron would benefit segs and the team all around. Sorry paille no ty and rechhi ? cmon, hes a fill in if we need him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

the best 12 forwards do not include seguin  today paille or caron are better players thats all im saying...to no fault of seguins's...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bruins8 , if you want the best forwards for the Bruins, you eliminate those who cannot play well beginning with Thornton and Recchi. Both of these players have played as well as they can; Thornton lacks skill; and REX has deteriorated to where his offensive giveaways, his mishandles passes, his poor passes, and his speed down to slo-mo, are all limiting the Bruins and especially his linemates, one of which is Seguin. I agree with calling up Caron, put Rex on the 4th line so he is still available for the PP [ although that benefit has also eroded in some games]. The line of Bergeron/Seguin/Caron will help the Bruins if it is put together, and unless Savvy gets more of his game back it will be a necessity. Of course Seguin centering Paille and Thornton focuses on Claude's defense, what else can he do with "stone-hands" and " Helter- Skelter". ??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

the best 12 forwards do not include seguin  today paille or caron are better players thats all im saying.

What the hell is this statement based on? Certainly not stats. Im convinced your just making absurd statements now to get back to your kesselingus love affair.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

It`s sure Seguin is not NHL ready. I hope that it`s not a discovery for people here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

"if you want the best forwards for the Bruins, you eliminate those who cannot play well beginning with Thornton and Recchi."

Okay, say what you want to about Thornton's fighting (whether staged or not...that's a debate that's already been taken up on this board)...but to say that he's not playing well is pretty much flying in the face of the fact that he's scoring.  Often.  Obviously not as often as a guy that's "supposed" to be a goal-scorer...but that's not his role.  I would hope that you would at least concede that he's scoring a h*ll of a lot more than anyone on this board expected him to.  He's not the best skater on the ice and he certainly isn't going to challenge Crosby when it comes to scoring streaks, but he's out there working and getting results.  I'd sit Paille way before I'd sit Thornton.

As for Recchi?  I don't see the same energy that he had last year.  Maybe the plan should be to play him every so-many games so that he's at his best when he does play.  I don't know.  Again, I'd still sit Paille before sending Recchi up to the press box.  Even at his most gassed, he's got better hands than Paille does. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Seguin should be sent to the minors, I said that in another thread. He is not ready for the NHL. Clearly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: SIT SEGUIN CALL UP CARON OR PLAY PAILLE:
    [QUOTE]Seguin should be sent to the minors, I said that in another thread. He is not ready for the NHL. Clearly.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    For a guy with as many posts as you have,your knowledge of NHL/AHL rules is lacking.Seguin is too young for the minors.He can only be returned to junior.I'm having trouble imagining how another year of dominating junior would be helpful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'd rather have seguin in the lineup over paille anytime. paille's only chance of ever getting another goal is if somebody hits him with the puck and it bounces in the net.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin should be sent to the minors, I said that in another thread. He is not ready for the NHL. Clearly.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Please elaborate, exactly why isn't he ready for the NHL?
    A goal and an assist  seems like he's NHL ready to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

nothing to elaborate on, he played his best game as a B tonight. If he can play with that type of energy, and make 2 real strong type plays, one on the shot, and the other on the pass to kampfer, then by all means let him stay. But really up until tonight his season was going in the other direction. Big game for the high draft pick, and I'm happy for him. But can he deliver in the next 5 games? That will be a test. I'm more concerned about the lack of anything from horton and savard too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

A goal, an assist and a shootout goal.....get this bum outa here!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Dez, I disagree about the Seguin to juniors thing. As much as I think going through hardships early in his career will benefit him later down the road, I think another year in junior would have been great for him.

Keep in mind that Seguin only played 2 years of junior, and really only dominated one year. Hall had 3 years of junior. I think a year of not only dominating the O, but also potentially leading Canada to gold at the WJ's and Plymouth far into the playoffs. would have helped him greatly IMO. It would be good for Seguin not only to imprive as a player, but also as a leader, clutch performer.

( I could be wrong about the plymouth thing cause Im not an OHL follower, chowdah do u think Plymouth could make a long playoff run with Seguin this year?)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SIT SEGUIN CALL UP CARON OR PLAY PAILLE:[QUOTE]A goal, an assist and a shootout goal.....get this bum outa here!!!!
    Posted by Swearengen[/QUOTE]

Terrible I know LoL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, I disagree about the Seguin to juniors thing. As much as I think going through hardships early in his career will benefit him later down the road, I think another year in junior would have been great for him. Keep in mind that Seguin only played 2 years of junior, and really only dominated one year. Hall had 3 years of junior. I think a year of not only dominating the O, but also potentially leading Canada to gold at the WJ's and Plymouth far into the playoffs. would have helped him greatly IMO. It would be good for Seguin not only to imprive as a player, but also as a leader, clutch performer. ( I could be wrong about the plymouth thing cause Im not an OHL follower, chowdah do u think Plymouth could make a long playoff run with Seguin this year?)
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    I just feel it'd be more beneficial for him to train and play at the NHL level than to go back and win another scoring title.How he handles not being the go-to-guy early in his career is a big test but he's doing fine.I think tonights effort will lead to more games like it.Here's hoping.