Skating Clowns At A New Level

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Skating Clowns At A New Level

I think the whole issue about not allowed to have tucked in Jersey's is a lot worse than this removing the helmet rule! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any fight where one guy taps the other guy and says "nice job" after a fight is bad for the sport.

2 guys that fight out of hate is great for the sport. 

Staged fights need to go, and there is nothing more staged that removing each other's helmets.  Thought for a second that Gallant and Barch were going to start making out...guess they did like most goons do....after the fight.

Rick Tochett & Neely did it. So did Probert & McSorley. Your statement is wrong!

[/QUOTE]

My statement is an opinion.  Tell me more about Neely & Ulfie or Neely & Claude or Neely and just about every other guy he fought.  Lots of "atta boys" there?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Kelv i played college at unb.  ontario and us colleges use full cage.  Full cages became a weapon when hitting.  The stick work was brutal.  Why?   Bc no one had to answer the bell.  Ever.  if the nhl ever takes fighting out injuries to star players will rise and rise.  

Freakin right ! I'm over 6ft and play in a league where if you fight you get tossed, 3  fights you're banned. I get two handed slashes by guys under 5ft7 acting like they're 6ft5 often.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Any fight where one guy taps the other guy and says "nice job" after a fight is bad for the sport.

Staged fights need to go, and there is nothing more staged that removing each other's helmets.  Thought for a second that Gallant and Barch were going to start making out...guess they did like most goons do....after the fight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thats my argument Bs. Especially with whats happened to some of the enforcers (Boogard,Belak etc..) they had to do something. I'm not sure the NHL wants fighting eliminated from the game, their is still a strong contigent of fans who beleive it's a big part of the game, especially up north.
    As for the visors, I understand why the NHL is doing it, I just think it should be up to the individual.

Not wearing a visor is stupid.  The players are too stupid to recognize this so they had to mandate it.

[/QUOTE]

Grown men can decide for themselves what's good for them. I never wore a shield because the loss of peripheral vision seemed much more dangerous. I also know there were very few concussions or eye injuries in the helmetless NHL that I grew up watching. Now high sticks and head shots occur on an almost nightly basis. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah because "maximum fights" is too stupid. Shupster!

And Pauly drops in LoL

Love this place!

Sally San likely want full cages and nerf hockey pucks and sticks.   Eeeek violence.  [/QUOTE]

"Hello New Brunswick!"

Please tell me you were the MVP of the Community College Frozen TWO ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Grown men can decide for themselves what's good for them. I never wore a shield because the loss of peripheral vision seemed much more dangerous. I also know there were very few concussions or eye injuries in the helmetless NHL that I grew up watching. Now high sticks and head shots occur on an almost nightly basis. 

Can't compare then and now.  It's a whole different world.

As for grown men being able to decide, I disagree.  Seatbelts save lives, right?  If my stupid car didn't ding ding ding ding ding ding while I was driving, I wouldn't put mine on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I say never. Some college games I go to the stick work is incredible. Too much a feeling of invinsibilty.

Kelv i played college at unb.  ontario and us colleges use full cage.  Full cages became a weapon when hitting.  The stick work was brutal.  Why?   Bc no one had to answer the bell.  Ever.  if the nhl ever takes fighting out injuries to star players will rise and rise.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think the full cage results into a NFL-type scenario where the helmet is sued as a weapon and people lead with the helmetr when hitting more.  I also think that the wimpiest punk on every team will act like a tough guy and play dirty, because...why not?  I think every player should wear a shield, but it shouldn't be mandatory.  I think nobody should wear a cage, unless they're recovering from facial injury.

Shupe, I'm going to see UNB player against Denver in a few weeks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How the heck could a hockey player use his helmet as a weapon?  Football players do it as they launch their bodies to tackle, but that's not so reasonable in hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How the heck could a hockey player use his helmet as a weapon?  Football players do it as they launch their bodies to tackle, but that's not so reasonable in hockey.

They lead with their head.  They have a full cage.  I will show you my chin sometime.  No fear at all.  Trust me.  They used it as an advantage and it was dirty.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I say never. Some college games I go to the stick work is incredible. Too much a feeling of invinsibilty.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think the full cage results into a NFL-type scenario where the helmet is sued as a weapon and people lead with the helmetr when hitting more.  I also think that the wimpiest punk on every team will act like a tough guy and play dirty, because...why not?  I think every player should wear a shield, but it shouldn't be mandatory.  I think nobody should wear a cage, unless they're recovering from facial injury.

Shupe, I'm going to see UNB player against Denver in a few weeks.

[/QUOTE]

UNB are good, their recruiting is awesome.  i am not sure how they will do against denver.  we played boston college, black bears and unh and held our own.  The problem playing those schools is they are usually 4 lines deep.  The year we won cis nationals we were planning on playing michigan in a best 2 of 3.  

san- CIS hockey is pretty darn good.  Especially in atlantic canada.  Pretty sure unb gets more fans then the florida panthers.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The decsion to grandfather the visor had to pass by the PA and they agreed although of course the members will not be forced to wear the visor. Easy decision. On the other hand some of the players coming up from Juniors are careless and very young , see Hall .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

[QUOTE]

As for grown men being able to decide, I disagree.  Seatbelts save lives, right?  If my stupid car didn't ding ding ding ding ding ding while I was driving, I wouldn't put mine on.

[/QUOTE]

NAS is right about not being able to compare then and now. Most guys playing years ago weighed maybe 175 - 190 lbs. A good number of players today weigh upwards of 220 or better of muscle. That extra weight (as well as "improved" elbow and shoulder pads) results in alot more force on the brain, being it a bodycheck or punch. Fighting as a response to a dirty hit or to protect a star player being run is one thing, these staged fights are a different story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NAS is right about not being able to compare then and now. Most guys playing years ago weighed maybe 175 - 190 lbs. A good number of players today weigh upwards of 220 or better of muscle. That extra weight (as well as "improved" elbow and shoulder pads) results in alot more force on the brain, being it a bodycheck or punch. Fighting as a response to a dirty hit or to protect a star player being run is one thing, these staged fights are a different story.

[/QUOTE]

Most guys played through concusions.   elbow and shoulder pads arent improved.  They are weapons.  Get rid of shoulder pads.  They really arent needed. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In all the years I've been going too and watching College Hockey games, never saw players lunging at each other cage first. What a load of Cr@pp! The Gestapo NCAA wouldn't put up with it.

Spontaneous fights will stay happen because players like Ott and Marchand will still be in he league. Don't get your UNB panties in wrinkle!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I distinctly remember leading some hits with my face/forehead.  Broke my cage doing that once.  We're talking about 15-20 years ago when nobody talked about concussions.  But a good way to rattle someone with a hit was to plant your helmet right into them  Especially a tall guy like shupe -- put the helmet right on his chin.  Dumb, but I was a marginal 3rd line winger, trying to get in on the forecheck and hit people or catch someone with their head down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

UNB are good, their recruiting is awesome.  i am not sure how they will do against denver.  we played boston college, black bears and unh and held our own.  The problem playing those schools is they are usually 4 lines deep.  The year we won cis nationals we were planning on playing michigan in a best 2 of 3.  

san- CIS hockey is pretty darn good.  Especially in atlantic canada.  Pretty sure unb gets more fans then the florida panthers.  

[/QUOTE]

Cool.  Denver should be good, but they have been killed by defections to junior and guys leaving for the NHL early.  Should be fun.  October 6th.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Rick Tochett & Neely did it. So did Probert & McSorley. Your statement is wrong!

[/QUOTE]

My statement is an opinion.  Tell me more about Neely & Ulfie or Neely & Claude or Neely and just about every other guy he fought.  Lots of "atta boys" there?

[/QUOTE]

And your opinion is dumb by using the word "Any" which means that just because 2 guys shows respect to the other guy after a firece fight that had lots of hatred & actually fought for a good reason, but yet still showed some respect after the fight & that's bad for the sport? Dumb! If you wanna say "Most" fights that say "nice job" at the end of it is bad for the sport. That at least makes a little more sense. If every fight said "nice job" at the end of it? Then every fight would be staged & the hatred wouldn't be there. I agree with you.

Oh one more thing? Ulfie never tried to fight which is what made him such a disgusting hockey player. Claude Lemieux was a joke of a hockey player! Who respected those guys? Players that are like them maybe. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In all the years I've been going too and watching College Hockey games, never saw players lunging at each other cage first. What a load of Cr@pp! The Gestapo NCAA wouldn't put up with it.

Spontaneous fights will stay happen because players like Ott and Marchand will still be in he league. Don't get your UNB panties in wrinkle!

You dont have to lunge head first.  And players use it as an advantage.  Especially shorter players.  As fletch mentions.  Tall guys get the short end of the stick.  when we played against leagues that used full cages and especially in our visits down to play usa schools they used them.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS. The biggest factor with full cages is the zero fear factor.  They dont have to respect their stick work Etc.  Its a trickle down kinda thing.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Using a "Helmet Cage" as a weapon during a game isn't talked about by the reporters, that cover NCAA Hockey, around the US and Canada because it isn't an issue.

Getting rid of the "staged fight" is on the tip of the tongue of NHL management, reporters and hockey fans across North America.

Clowns be gone! It's over!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Using a "Helmet Cage" as a weapon during a game isn't talked about by the reporters, that cover NCAA Hockey, around the US and Canada because it isn't an issue.

Getting rid of the "staged fight" is on the tip of the tongue of NHL management, reporters and hockey fans across North America.

I have no issue getting rid of clowns.  I dont think i have ever been in favor of them taking jobs over real hockey players.  I think guys like chris neil will be fine.  Guys like mcgratton wont be.  

But if they ever take fighting out be prepared to enjoy your star players being injured.  Open season for everything.  Guys like marchand for example with what he did to the gazoo twins will be a nightly occurence.  

The ncaa all where full cages.  So of course it isnt talked about.  But it does exist.  The more gear the less fear.  As soon as they take them off or go 1/2 visor they sure as heck are more careful.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I think guys like chris neil will be fine."

True because he can play!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

I have no issue getting rid of clowns.  I dont think i have ever been in favor of them taking jobs over real hockey players.  I think guys like chris neil will be fine.  Guys like mcgratton wont be.  

But if they ever take fighting out be prepared to enjoy your star players being injured.  Open season for everything.  Guys like marchand for example with what he did to the gazoo twins will be a nightly occurence.  

The ncaa all where full cages.  So of course it isnt talked about.  But it does exist.  The more gear the less fear.  As soon as they take them off or go 1/2 visor they sure as heck are more careful.  

[/QUOTE]

Yup it's always those small guys

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

You do get the odd little guy who will drive the other team nuts with cheapshots that will back it up. Tucker & Barnaby are examples of this. They did their stupid stuff, but more often than not also wouldn't back down when challenged. Jonathan was a cheapshot artist, but the way he backed himself up was also a work of art as well. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur