SKYFALL, SKYFALL !!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

SKYFALL, SKYFALL !!

Ironically, speaking (writing) I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS TEAM!

Only 1 point out of four, 2 straight losses, 2 lost leads. ENOUGH!!

Get rid of all the goalies and call up Michael Hutchinson.

Get rid of all the d-Men except Aaron Johnson.

Get rid of all the forwards except Chris Bourque and Jay Pandolfo.

Give away all our draft choices, too.

What the heck! The faster we get to the bottom, the faster we can get back to the top.

Oh, yeah, get rid of Claude and his staff!

This is a job for Bond. James Bond. Or Chicken Little.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: SKYFALL, SKYFALL !!

Aww, you tricked me, i thought this was a thread about Adele!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

There's a happy medium between the sky falling and sticking your head in the sand pretending all is well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

There's a happy medium between the sky falling and sticking your head in the sand pretending all is well. 

How do you know the B's management think all is well?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Referring to posters opinions only. Some are off he deep end after a couple of losses, some are looking solely at the standings engraving names on the cup.  I'm saying that reality is somewhere in the middle. 

[edit] Actually 50 I have complete faith management is looking at it and will do what's right, if possible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

We get her to replace Rene Rancort. Excellent idea.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Referring to posters opinions only. Some are off he deep end after a couple of losses, some are looking solely at the standings engraving names on the cup.  I'm saying that reality is somewhere in the middle. 

[edit] Actually 50 I have complete faith management is looking at it and will do what's right, if possible.

I'm with you 100% on this one Scooter, i think PC knows what this team needs and has the cap room to do it and will, if possible, pull the trigger on a deal.We have approximately 1 month to find out. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

We get her to replace Rene Rancort. Excellent idea.

Get rid of Rene? Thats blasphemy Wheats,c'mon!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That middle ground is somewhere between Skyfall and Skymall where, sure, you could buy 500 Pall Mall, but the only reason you're tempted is that you're stuck in a cigar tube thousands of feet above the earth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

So much positive about this team.  I  think this team can contend as is.  I don't think it will win unless a few additions are made.  I don't think the top 2 lines need to be touched.  I think 2 fwds, 1 for the 3rd line and 1 for the 4th line.  I also think an experienced depth dman is needed.  Then with some health, luck and great goaltending we can be serious contenders.  The season to date has been a fantastic success.  I didnt anticipate this great of a start.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

So much positive about this team.  I  think this team can contend as is.  I don't think it will win unless a few additions are made.  I don't think the top 2 lines need to be touched.  I think 2 fwds, 1 for the 3rd line and 1 for the 4th line.  I also think an experienced depth dman is needed.  Then with some health, luck and great goaltending we can be serious contenders.  The season to date has been a fantastic success.  I didnt anticipate this great of a start.  

Nail meet head. Exactly!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Noticing that the 3rd line is still in free fall and the pretty much all the defensman on the team can't find a way to move the puck out of the zone is pointing to the sky ?

I don't think the Wheeler/Stuart trade was a major tweek but it was damn sure helpful. How about just fixing something before it gets worse.

Who said trade all the defenseman ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Let's all look up to the sky and pray.

If Cardinal Ouellet gets elected Pope, the Bruins will be saved and exalted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Wheatskins's comment:

That'll work..Perhaps we could recruit Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Noticing that the 3rd line is still in free fall and the pretty much all the defensman on the team can't find a way to move the puck out of the zone is pointing to the sky ?

I don't think the Wheeler/Stuart trade was a major tweek but it was damn sure helpful. How about just fixing something before it gets worse.

I thought you said our defense was fine? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

This is it, in a nutshell, above all else.That and a winger for the third line with top two line talent, and oh yes a capable,steady d-man.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I think the Bruins as a whole are a balanced, strong team. However, the difference between a very good team and a Cup-winning team comes down to goaltending, limited mistakes in the defensive zone and relentless 60-minute effort by all lines.

It's not rocket science.

Is this roster capable of delivering those three elements? I'm confident in the goaltending, and think the defensive struggles can be corrected. I'm less confident that this team remembers how to motor the way they did during their Cup run. I don't see them fighting through checks, initiating contact, driving to the net and sprinting through the neutral zone the way they can.

The sky isn't falling, but there are problems that need to be addressed. No question about it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I think the Bruins as a whole are a balanced, strong team. However, the difference between a very good team and a Cup-winning team comes down to goaltending, limited mistakes in the defensive zone and relentless 60-minute effort by all lines.

It's not rocket science.

Is this roster capable of delivering those three elements? I'm confident in the goaltending, and think the defensive struggles can be corrected. I'm less confident that this team remembers how to motor the way they did during their Cup run. I don't see them fighting through checks, initiating contact, driving to the net and sprinting through the neutral zone the way they can.

The sky isn't falling, but there are problems that need to be addressed. No question about it.

Thats why they play the season, not every team plays like the Blackhawks this year. You play the season,see what you have,what needs to be corrected and added and hopefully have the right mix for a long playoff run.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

We actually know that Management is looking to add a top six forward. 

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/8973971/boston-bruins-general-manager-peter-chiarelli-looking-improve

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to Wheatskins's comment:

That'll work..Perhaps we could recruit Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny as well.

No way! Santa and the Bunny are not tight with God.

Forget it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I thought you said our defense was fine?

I asked the question becuase Wheat suggested that someone had commented on the Bs defense needs to be overhauled. I then suggested how bad they've looked over the past few games.

Boychuk and Ference are worrying me, they are not the whole defense and I am not suggesting they get traded. Hence me stating there will be some tweaks.

Stop putting words into my mouth...I've always wanted to say that to you even though I don't think you were...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What ever happened to the relABLE wHEATS. The Bruins are just like my typing, some good some not so good. Replace the "no good' and work with the rest. Ference and Seids are experienced and mostly reliable, BUT, they are showing the effects of old injuries and slowing down some. That should not be hard to fix with a fill-in like Krug. I also think that Hamilton will need an occasional night off, so get Krug ready. Claude's loyalties need to be replaced with skill and skill and skill and ....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

What ever happened to the relABLE wHEATS. The Bruins are just like my typing, some good some not so good. Replace the "no good' and work with the rest. Ference and Seids are experienced and mostly reliable, BUT, they are showing the effects of old injuries and slowing down some. That should not be hard to fix with a fill-in like Krug. I also think that Hamilton will need an occasional night off, so get Krug ready. Claude's loyalties need to be replaced with skill and skill and skill and ....

I'm still the unadulterated Wheatskins.

And further speaking (and writing) ironically, I think Chiarelli better start looking for employment elsewhere. This is all his fault - for Pete's sake! - he put this team together.

It's all his fault.

Cam? Where are you Cam? Do you hear me?

25. This post has been removed.