So I kept my eye on Ryder last night...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

So I kept my eye on Ryder last night...

He gave the puck away, or made a bad pass across the blue line at least 5-6 times.  I don't see Seguin making this many mistakes, yet he is the one to get scratched.

Put Seguin in there for Kelly...Paille is better for the 4th line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: So I kept my eye on Ryder last night...

Ryder makes 4 million and is Julien's buddy.  It's that simple.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if you kept your eye on ryder...you missed a great game. he in my opinion is in the bottom 2 or 3 forwards. the problem is there is no SIGNIFICANTLY better  option on the bench.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That's Ryder. He will do some noticeable rush now and again and then disappear for the rest of the game. All for 4mill.

He can score in bunches and his contract is almost over so I do not have a problem with hime being in the line-up. Seldom does he outright hurt the team.

If PC re-signs him in the offseason, however, I will be livid as we have plenty of prospects that can fight for his place in the lineup for a quarter of the price....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Alright,  on Saturday do the same with Recchi or Seguin if he plays and you will see that it's part of the game making mistakes.
    Ryder will most likely score 20 goals this season and played with 6 different centers thus far (Seguin, Wheeler, Savard, Krejci, Kelly , Campbell) .  Put any other top9 winger in that position and the result will be what you're complaining about. 
    Go see whom is in the top for PP goals and game winning goals on the Bruins.
    If his contract is overpaying don't blame Ryder. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Ryd played a good game as did his entire line.  I have been very critical of Kelly of late, but he played his best game by far as a B.  They came up with another goal, becoming very consistant, Kelly lacks a bit of finesse and is weak link offensively on the line, but his hard work paid off last night, and his skating was better as well.

I guess you didn't see the hit Ryd laid in 3rd in his corner/half wall so his D could pick up the puck and move it out, nice hit, nice back check, he was at it all night long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: So I kept my eye on Ryder last night...:
    [QUOTE]Alright,  on Saturday do the same with Recchi or Seguin if he plays and you will see that it's part of the game making mistakes. Ryder will most likely score 20 goals this season and played with 6 different centers thus far (Seguin, Wheeler, Savard, Krejci, Kelly , Campbell) .  Put any other top9 winger in that position and the result will be what you're complaining about.  Go see whom is in the top for PP goals and game winning goals on the Bruins. If his contract is overpaying don't blame Ryder. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I understand that the Ryder-bashing gets a little intense on the boards. After all I participate frequently in this endeavor so I get it.

But be honest Legion, do you really think that the 4mill for Ryder has been well allocated? This is my problem. We have been tight up against the cap for a while now and the only thing that saved us was Savard being put on the LTIR.
    I think the very fact that you call him a top 9 winger rather than top 6 shows how you value him.

Just saying....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Ryd played a good game as did his entire line.  I have been very critical of Kelly of late, but he played his best game by far as a B.  They came up with another goal, becoming very consistant, Kelly lacks a bit of finesse and is weak link offensively on the line, but his hard work paid off last night, and his skating was better as well. I guess you didn't see the hit Ryd laid in 3rd in his corner/half wall so his D could pick up the puck and move it out, nice hit, nice back check, he was at it all night long.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Good ! stick up for your "Maritime" cousin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Moved on from Kelly, now bashing Ryder in an attempt to justify Seguin getting playing time... At least I'll give credit for finding a new dead horse to beat.

No way, no how does Paille gets scratched, Kelly moves down to the fourth line, and Seguin centers Peverley and Ryder.  Ain't gonna happen!

Did you hear Julien's quote last night?  Doesn't sound like Seguin will be getting a whole heckuva lot of ice time going forward... might want to prepare yourself now, Krazie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Moved on from Kelly, now bashing Ryder in an attempt to justify Seguin getting playing time... At least I'll give credit for finding a new dead horse to beat. No way, no how does Paille gets scratched, Kelly moves down to the fourth line, and Seguin centers Peverley and Ryder.  Ain't gonna happen! Did you hear Julien's quote last night?  Doesn't sound like Seguin will be getting a whole heckuva lot of ice time going forward... might want to prepare yourself now, Krazie.
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

You are right. I think Julien is going to stick with Paille and Thornton from here on in. I have no problem with this. After all, Seguin is just a 19 year old rookie.

Next year is Seguin's time and I hope Julien does not screw it up....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

What did Julien say last night?

I just think Kelly is better suited on the 4th line, he isn't great offensively.  A line of Seguin/Peverley/Ryder would be quick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So I kept my eye on Ryder last night... : I understand that the Ryder-bashing gets a little intense on the boards. After all I participate frequently in this endeavor so I get it. But be honest Legion, do you really think that the 4mill for Ryder has been well allocated? This is my problem. We have been tight up against the cap for a while now and the only thing that saved us was Savard being put on the LTIR. I think the very fact that you call him a top 9 winger rather than top 6 shows how you value him. Just saying....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I agree about the 4m but that's not his fault. PC wanted him and overpayed for him . Ryder did not say no. 
    He is a top9 forward and that is why the Bruins or us fans cannot have high expectations for the guy . Last season was a prime example.  With Kessel gone they expected him (and so the fans) to partly close that gap left by Kessel. WRONG, that was a mistake.  He's a secondary goal scorer ,  not your go to guy and this season he's doing just that .  This is what is expected of Ryder and he has done that playing on a 3rd line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Julien, on why Seguin was a scratch, said something to the effect of, "The reason we went with him is we need to get Dan Paille in some games.  I want that fourth line to have an identity.  That's the way it is and that's the way it's going to be moving forward."

Meaning - Seguin hasn't been pulling his weight in the physicality department (which is true) and if he's not willing to get nasty (like the other 19 guys on the ice are), then he's going to sit.

I haven't seen the quote in an article but I heard it this morning on the radio.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So I kept my eye on Ryder last night... : I agree about the 4m but that's not his fault. PC wanted him and overpayed for him . Ryder did not say no.  He is a top9 forward and that is why the Bruins or us fans cannot have high expectations for the guy . Last season was a prime example.  With Kessel gone they expected him (and so the fans) to partly close that gap left by Kessel. WRONG, that was a mistake.  He's a secondary goal scorer ,  not your go to guy and this season he's doing just that .  This is what is expected of Ryder and he has done that playing on a 3rd line.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think PC initially overpaid him was because at the time Ryder was the only "goal scorer" available for a moderate price and the B's really needed one. Remember, this is before Lucic came around or Kessel became a legitimate 30 goal man...

PC was just in a bad position and did what he had to. This offseason, however, will be much different. I do not think the team needs Ryders services in the future and I hope his spot gets filled by one of the kids next year. Just my opinion....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Also, Krazie - Kelly may not be a huge point-producer ... but he was completely responsible for that Kampfer goal last night.  Hustled to the corner, knocked the TB guy on his keister, dug the puck out and back to the point, and Kampfer smashed it home.

NO WAY Seguin would've made that play... he would have raced to the corner and tried to knock the puck away with his stick.

Don't get me wrong, I love Seguin and am looking forward to having him around for a long, prosperous career - he's just not there yet.  He's just not as big an asset to this team, the way they play, and where they're trying to get this season as a lot of people think... or, more accurately, want to believe.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Funny.. Against Edmonton Ryder scores a good goal.. Last night he doesn't and should be scratched..

Ryder to me, does not trust Kelly, and is doing a lot himself.. He did make some bad passes last night, difference being he made them coming into the zone, not in his defensive end..

The player I saw with the worst game last night was seidenberg, in one shift he tried to carry a puck out of the defensive end, was stripped, the player then fumbled the puck, in stead of seidenberg getting into position and making the play, he attempted to just make the play, and was stripped again..

Ryder isn't going anywhere, he's streaky but he can score and that remains something the bruins always need.. In front with the puck he knows what to do, thats not true of all the bruins forwards..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Ryder always tries to do it all himself... that hasn't changed because Kelly's there now.

I do agree, though, he's not going anywhere.  He's the typical 3d line winger... yeh, he might be a tad over-paid but it's too late to do anything about that.  They're not going to sit him because he's over-paid - so take what we can get from him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

krayz.

Seguin is lucky to be in the NHL and truth be told he doesnt deserve to play. And especially to play over a very solid 3rd line center with experience. Espeically since we are chasing down stanley. 
    Seguin would be lost in this role.  He and Thorton are our worst fwds at the moment.  Thorton b/c he just isnt good and Seguin b/c he is raw, has no confidence and isnt ready.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder isn't going anywhere, he's streaky but he can score and that remains something the bruins always need.. In front with the puck he knows what to do, thats not true of all the bruins forwards..
    Posted by rolerhoky19
    [/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement totally. He has the hardest wrister on the B's and he knows how to get it behind the goalie. He has played much better IMO this season than last. It might not be what we all want out of him but it has not been too bad. He has not hurt the Bruins for what its worth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

If Seguin doesn't belong in the NHL, Blake wheeler doesn't either. Don't they have near the same amount of goals

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ryder was strongly pushed by Claude who coached him in Juniors and in Montreal. Chiarelli signed Ryder to support his new coach. Ryder has demonstrated the capability to score, skate and hit when HE WANTS TO. He is not consistent in his WANTING. I don't think anyone has suggested that Seguin replace Kelly, but IMO Seguin has more skill than Paille; will definitely score more often; and has the speed plus hard earned awareness to be a solid attribute if paired with the right players. Claude has not the perspective, nor the inclination, to pair Seguin with Marchand and Bergeron. This is where he could perform the best, since Recchi's abundant skills have been constantly eroding all year. Claude should be playing Seguin; he should be sitting Thornton or at least alternating Thornton and Paille; and Claude should have Rex on the 4th line which would limit his skating; rest REX more for PP duty; and add his smarts to a defensive line.We've had an earlier quality post on development, and the NHL is where players grow, not develop. Claude has no clue on how to integrate players like Seguin, Caron, and even Kamfer. Scotty Bowman was a master at alighning players to complement each other and produce effective chemistry. Chiarelli thought he was getting that kind of capability when he hired Lewis, but it was not in Lewis's bag of tricks. Chiarelli switched gears and claude has delivered a defensive system built around Chara and Timmy. Now the Bruins are close to taking the next step where Claude is not comfortable and is probably why both Montreal and New Jersey looked for a different coach. Chiarelli will not throw Claude under the bus if this team wins the CUp. So let's enjoy the ride while we massage our frustrations.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Funny.. Against Edmonton Ryder scores a good goal.. Last night he doesn't and should be scratched.. Ryder to me, does not trust Kelly, and is doing a lot himself.. He did make some bad passes last night, difference being he made them coming into the zone, not in his defensive end.. The player I saw with the worst game last night was seidenberg, in one shift he tried to carry a puck out of the defensive end, was stripped, the player then fumbled the puck, in stead of seidenberg getting into position and making the play, he attempted to just make the play, and was stripped again.. Ryder isn't going anywhere, he's streaky but he can score and that remains something the bruins always need.. In front with the puck he knows what to do, thats not true of all the bruins forwards..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Good point on Siedenberg but I thought Thornton was worst B hands down. No offense to Shawn but he needs a break because he is getting away from what was successful for him earlier in the season: heavy forechecking, crashing the net, and limiting mistakes. They won so people may overlook this...

Just to be fair, Lucic was by far the best Bruin followed by Horton. Boychuk did relatively well taking on Kampfers minutes in the 3rd. I am including those so people do not think I merely concentrate on the negative aspects.... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

My only question is, what eye did you watch him with? Do you have an eye patch? Are you a cyclops? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Ryder is a puck hog, that's my problem with him.  Instead of passing when he should, he makes that extra move and loses the puck, or waits too long and makes a bad pass.

I still think Seguin is a better option than Kelly on the 3rd line

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder is a puck hog, that's my problem with him.  Instead of passing when he should, he makes that extra move and loses the puck, or waits too long and makes a bad pass. I still think Seguin is a better option than Kelly on the 3rd line
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

puck hog or not see this stat DrCC pulled up:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112BOSSASAll&sort=powerPlayPoints&viewName=points