So let me get this straight......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

So let me get this straight......

Buffalo signs Leino, Ehrhoff and Regehr and now they're the chic pick on all the websites to win the East?

.......am I missing something????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: So let me get this straight......

In Response to So let me get this straight......:
    [QUOTE]Buffalo signs Leino, Ehrhoff and Regehr and now they're the chic pick on all the websites to win the East? .......am I missing something????
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]
    I don't think so,  they have Roy back and Boyes for the full year. I don't know , they made the playoffs last year and seem to have a deeper line up thus most prognosticators have them a beast in the east. One thing i will say , their defense should be better to back up Miller.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I think they are legit but I wouldn't call them the favorites to come out of the east. I think Buffalo needs to play Miller less or they won't go far in the playoffs yet again. I think the sabres are going to be a very good hockey team this year. Regehr is no fun to play against and is the type of player I think could help the sabres alot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

TSN has the hawks winning the cup too....don't buy into what your reading

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

"They" picked the Canucks last year, so I'm fine with it.

Let them pick the Sabres and Blackhawks. I would worry if they picked the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the sabres are the 2nd best team in the n/e- my guess is a top 6 seed come playoffs.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

A good team just got a little better. The Sabres are starting to remind me of our very own team. Great (if not overtaxed) goaltending, solid D, and some decent scoring depth. I can't say they're better than the Bruins over the course of a regular season, but I sure wouldn't be psyched to play them in a playoff series.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah everyone is on the Buffalo's jock, Denis Potvin just picked them on NHL Home Ice as well, I don't see it happening.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It asppears that the Buffalo owner and management are intent on improving their team. Certainly defense has been upgraded on paper, how they play will determine the value of signings like Erhoff[sp.] . Their forwards, when healthy, have always been dangerous. This all indicates a challenging opponent for the Bruins. In addition, they changed the staff that supports Ruff which is something that might help improve Boston's PP and mode of attack. Claude's defensive system, built around Chara and Thomas, is different than most others who play man-to-man. However, Claude's system won the cup, but we should expect other teams to seek opportuniyies to disrupt with speed and cross ice passing. Should be fun to watch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac221. Show mac221's posts

For my money, I think the Sabres will be one of the most improved teams in the East this year and will contend strongly in the playoffs ... not at all convinced they'll go all the way.  But I think they'll be a much tougher opponent throughout the season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I agree with mac221 here. The Sabre additions are not world beaters in their own right but together they just improve on an already good team that had some serious injury problems last year. Unfortunately it did come at great cost and they may regret it down the road. So yes, Buffalo is much improved.

The media also tends to go with sexy picks and the story of a flashy new owner with a will to win at any cost is a compelling narrative, especially for a small market team like the Sabres.

Whether they added enough to be serious contenders is another story but all they have to do is make the playoffs and they have a chance....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: So let me get this straight......:
    [QUOTE]TSN has the hawks winning the cup too....don't buy into what your reading
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]
    What? You mean to tell me that a legitimate news source is picking the Hawks to do well? Obviously, someone at TSN needs to read your blog.........or somebody should anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

If my memory serves me, wasn't Erhoff getting abused in his own end on a regular basis in the finals? Regehr is a fraction of the D he was a few years ago due to injuries.  I've always liked Leino's game but they plan on using him at centre and heard he was playing with Ennis and Boyes in the last x game.  Seems to be a downgrade from the players he played with in Philly.

Either way, this team still has some questions and I'm not sure a healthy Roy makes a difference either as the Sabres actually had a better record over the extended time he was out of the lineup last season.

Don't be surprised to see a bit of a goalie controversy start up in Buffalo as Enroth played pretty well last year and it will only take a couple of sub par games from Miller to get the media and fans buzzing about the backup.  Enroth rumbling actually started during last years playoffs vs Philly.  

I don't see the Sabres storming out of the gates.  I see either a solid, steady season (4-6 seed in the East) or a season of short-comings and fighting tooth and nail for the last spot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]If my memory serves me, wasn't Erhoff getting abused in his own end on a regular basis in the finals?  
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

I recall old man Recchi burning Erhoff cleanly to the outside on a one-on-one rush in Game 7.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So let me get this straight...... : What? You mean to tell me that a legitimate news source is picking the Hawks to do well? Obviously, someone at TSN needs to read your blog.........or somebody anyway.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

.......and agree with everything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Fu.ck Buffalo. Buffalo eats monkeysh.it. Go Bruins. I hope our 8 foot giant beats the living cra.p out of a few Sabres this year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Enroth is the real deal, and I agree 100% that he will have more impact than any of the big-name signings. He can take 20-25 games off Miller's shoulders and leave him fresh for a playoff run.

In general, picking winners is a bit foolish. The real story this year with be the improvement of ALL the teams in the East. I think the points will be distributed much more than last year, with little buffer between the top and bottom teams. It'll be a battle the whole way...especially with doormats like NYI, NJ, WPG, OTT and TOR winning more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The only prediction that makes me nervous is EA Sprts picking the Pens, after they correctly predicted the Blackhawks over the Flyers, then called the Canucks to win the President's trophy and play the Bruins in the final (though they had the Canucks winning in 7)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i invite everyone to disagree with me. then i'll get to say i told you so after the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]i invite everyone to disagree with me. then i'll get to say i told you so after the season.
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

When you sit on the toilet do you smell roses ?