So Polite, So Kind

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: So Polite, So Kind

Man, everyone's pissy about something here (Isla..? et tu?).  Let's settle down and enjoy the board.  This thread has had more humor than most.

How would you like to be in Denver this week as a Pats fan?  It's insufferable.  Headphones in the office.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

When you get hopelessly pinned in a corner,(which is quite regularly) why do you always start up on some diatribe that has no bearing on the conversation.

You're so incredibly predictable and childish.

Nobody suggested you're attacking ST the person.  You were called out, again, for littering this site with more BS about ST the "player".  A savant could interpret that.

And your proclamation of PC and Julians expectations regarding ST "the player"....also about as limp-dik as it gets.

[/QUOTE]

I like the direct no nonsense approach.........especially the elogence of the limp-dik reference.

It's about time the "follow me, I'm your leader" posts get questioned for some ballsy "screw you, I have my own ideas" posts.

Public forums need varying topics and opinions..........not control freak dictators ( and his puppet ) who fill it with the same BS every few weeks. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man, everyone's pissy about something here (Isla..? et tu?).  Let's settle down and enjoy the board.  This thread has had more humor than most.

How would you like to be in Denver this week as a Pats fan?  It's insufferable.  Headphones in the office.

[/QUOTE]

You were once the pissiest poster regarding repetitive posting about Thornton. What happened ?

This type of posting is no different then someone (marco/bruins8/any of his other characters) starting a million threads about Kessel ?

Trollish.

I see no difference. Do you ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Yawn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't really care about what happened in the fight. Jersey got over the head, he let up. He did it with Colton Orr before, maybe he was overdoing it this time, trying to prove he is the code following enforcer after the Brooks incident.

The issue for me is he had exactly 4:00 minutes of ice time. So if he was only good enough for 3 minutes in change up to that point, what is he doing out there in the last two minutes in a game down by one goal? Like someone pointed out earlier, he would have been out longer for that shift had his stick not broken.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whats the though process out there? Before last game I understand a local paper was questioning his legacy or what it might be leading up to the game. Are people real confident they are going to win? I get that feeling from folks here, I wouldnt want to be betting my paycheck on this game, especially where it's Denver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chowda was right though on ST.  NAS was correct on the honor code in fighting. NAS said he wanted Zennon Konopka on the Bs team because he will do what ST won't, play more meaningful minutes and enforce.    

[/QUOTE]

I''m surprised at the above Ilsa.  Konopka is 33, only been in the league since 08, and he's played for 7 different teams

SEVEN.

He plays less minutes than Thornton(on a worse team...the latest worse team) scores less, is a minus player, in fact only 1 player on the Wild had a worse plus/minus before they waivered him.  ST is a plus 5, and on a highly successful team, with a highly successful management group, and he gets icetime late in the 3rd period in a close game.  I'd be surprised if he was out there to start fights in those circumstances.

I don't think there would be 1 GM in the NHL that wouldn't trade Thornton for Konopka straight up...over the phone, in a heartbeat.  Not one.

As for the "code".  Competitors speak publicly about the upstanding qualities of ST in his role.  Other than nas, nobody speaks of Konopka about anything.  If Konopka is an upgrade over Thornton, nas is, in fact, the smartest hockey-man in the universe, and we would all be well served to stop posting.  Obviously, he see's what no other hockey mortal can.

ST is not only employed as a fighter.  I don't know all the reasons he continues to be a Bruin, but I know nas, and his inspiration Stanley don't either.  Difference is...most of us here understand the difference betweren the baby.....and the bathwater.  I'll leave out the other muskateer on this time honored subject, because he often posts thought provoking content.  

All 3 appear to be very supportive of those that employ ST and dish out his minutes.  That in itself is bizarre considering the volume of posts demeaning this players contribution.

If any of these posters would like to sell their opinions on exactly how stupid the B's management team are...cuz that's what they are in fact saying...over and over and over.....by all means, let the debate begin.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If any of these posters would like to sell their opinions on exactly how stupid the B's management team are...cuz that's what they are in fact saying...over and over and over.....by all means, let the debate begin.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey, how about Nas & Stanley write a series of "graphic novels" about the B's centering on ST, they could call it "The misadventures of the skating clown", they are both well versed on the subject and with enough fans out there who comprise Bruins nation i think it could be a hit! Shupe could write the prologue to the 1st edition. Anyone with artistic capabilities willing to do the sketches? There's money to be made!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

You were once the pissiest poster regarding repetitive posting about Thornton. What happened ?

This type of posting is no different then someone (marco/bruins8/any of his other characters) starting a million threads about Kessel ?

Trollish.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm still there.  the time and number of threads dedicated to Thornton around here is utterly insane.  It's gotten worse than the Seguin/Kessel threads.

And I don't mind having Thornton on the roster and playing on the 4th line, so I don't even agree with the premise of all the Thornton noise.

But to be perfectly honest, I had the same reaction as the OP watching the game last night.  It did seem lame when Thornton just quits on the fight just because he has some advantage.  I say fight to win, and if the other guy feels he is too vulnerable, he can just fall down.  It did seem ridiculous.  Rivalry game, Thornton is there to fight...he should fight.  Let the refs and Fraser worry about Fraser.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Babhab, Mr. "I am not old" at 50,

I am 62, I don't consider myself anything else.  If you say I am old then "to each his own". 

No, you specifically said you stole Book's thread the other day.  The nuances of drafting was not a thread topic of NE draft potential. Other times you were annoyed with others for doing the same, yours truly.  BTW the discussion you and others had on NE draft potential was excellent, off the topic though. 

I have enjoyed your commentary for the most part.  One of the reasons I locked in to BDC in the first place.  I guess you were just joking with NAS.  I get it sparky.  

I will be at the Garden on February 8th.  I will eat lunch at the Union Oyster House around noon.  We can talk hockey and such.  I will tape "Islamorada" on my back on my Bs hockey sweatshirt for you Massachusetts "boys".  How is 50 young btw?  

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Now that is a contradictory remark, look out for "those waiters" who stand around in front of the TV while you are watching the Bs.  I recall "You could not do anything about it cause your wife was entertaining a business gathering"????????  You spew out lots of nonesense. Your state STAY on the topic thread remark then admit hijacking Books thread the other day. 

[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic, NAS is the one who claims the forum is exclusively Bruins on the ice discussion and nothing else - or he says that when he feels like it.

And I believe I was on topic on book's thread.

Now can we get passed the personal attacks and name calling?  Because I'm not going to engage in it.  You old goat.

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whats the though process out there? Before last game I understand a local paper was questioning his legacy or what it might be leading up to the game. Are people real confident they are going to win? I get that feeling from folks here, I wouldnt want to be betting my paycheck on this game, especially where it's Denver.

[/QUOTE]

I think the Broncos are rightfully the favorites and it could be a blowout if Manning gets off to a fast start.  But there's also a lot of false confidence here, where the faithful still privately wonder if Manning can beat Brady in a big playoff game.  There's a little insecurity about the big eastern cities here anyhow (you think you're better than us?) and tons of NE transplants like me, so I'd say the Denver people are actually pretty on edge.  They'll be devastated if they lose.  Especially since they appear to have a better team.  I don't have tickets, but I live about a mile from the stadium so I might walk down and check it out with a couple hundred in my pocket to see if I can get in somehow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think the Broncos are rightfully the favorites and it could be a blowout if Manning gets off to a fast start.  But there's also a lot of false confidence here, where the faithful still privately wonder if Manning can beat Brady in a big playoff game.  There's a little insecurity about the big eastern cities here anyhow (you think you're better than us?) and tons of NE transplants like me, so I'd say the Denver people are actually pretty on edge.  They'll be devastated if they lose.  Especially since they appear to have a better team.  I don't have tickets, but I live about a mile from the stadium so I might walk down and check it out with a couple hundred in my pocket to see if I can get in somehow.

You sure they'll let you in ?  they restricted ticket sales , maybe they'll charge you much more just so you say "no thanks" 

The build up bwteen the fan bases of this game is killing me to a point that I would really hate of the Pats lose to SanDogs team (the Broncos)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

No, you specifically said you stole Book's thread the other day.  The nuances of drafting was not a thread topic of NE draft potential. Other times you were annoyed with others for doing the same, yours truly.  BTW the discussion you and others had on NE draft potential was excellent, off the topic though. 

[/QUOTE]

I think that was actually me Isla.  As for my comment, I was just trying to give Book a hard time as I imagined him coming back to his thread to find a discussion of NE prep hockey instead the jnuior hockey draft analysis.  Meant in good fun, and it was a good thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Oh yea, and this thread on Thornton stinks , again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You sure they'll let you in ?  they restricted ticket sales , maybe they'll charge you much more just so you say "no thanks" 

The build up bwteen the fan bases of this game is killing me to a point that I would really hate of the Pats lose.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it'll probably be hard to get tickets in a Pats jersey, but we'll see.  Scalpers aren't usually the most scrupulous people.

I still bet there's plenty of Pats fans there.  Like I said, tons of them out here and lots of fans clubs in the area.  If tickets are too pricey, there are a few downtown bars already planning Pats fan viewing parties.

If anyone is familiar with The Pourhouse on Boylston St. in Boston, some guy from Jamaica Plain basically made a replica of it in downtown Denver, same name and everything.  Great place to watch NE sports.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Can Thornton play defense?

Anyone know if he is any good skating backwards? Can he hold his own?

He should be good at clearing the front of the net! And Spooner can stay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Follow the Bruins much ?

[/QUOTE]

Not nearly as much as you follow 16 year olds.  Do you like them more when they're shaving already, or do you tend to focus on the smooth faced ones?

[/QUOTE]
    Wow pedophile jokes,that's low even for you.personally don't think it is funny but sure all your palls will stick up for you.Your a real piece of work.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

I am 62, I don't consider myself anything else.  If you say I am old then "to each his own". 

I have enjoyed your commentary for the most part.  One of the reasons I locked in to BDC in the first place.  I guess you were just joking with NAS.  I get it sparky.  

I will be at the Garden on February 8th.  I will eat lunch at the Union Oyster House around noon.  We can talk hockey and such.  I will tape "Islamorada" on my back on my Bs hockey sweatshirt for you Massachusetts "boys".  How is 50 young btw?  

[/QUOTE]

I'm 55.  You are not 62.  Ask your wife, she will remember.

I wasn't joking with NAS, it's impossible to joke with NAS.  He has no sense of humor.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Trollish.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm still there.  the time and number of threads dedicated to Thornton around here is utterly insane.  It's gotten worse than the Seguin/Kessel threads.

And I don't mind having Thornton on the roster and playing on the 4th line, so I don't even agree with the premise of all the Thornton noise.

But to be perfectly honest, I had the same reaction as the OP watching the game last night.  It did seem lame when Thornton just quits on the fight just because he has some advantage.  I say fight to win, and if the other guy feels he is too vulnerable, he can just fall down.  It did seem ridiculous.  Rivalry game, Thornton is there to fight...he should fight.  Let the refs and Fraser worry about Fraser.

[/QUOTE]

But those are really 2 completely different topics Fletch.  The OP was citing this particular incident as logic to once again decree ST has no place on this team.

There are all kinds of unflattering comments most would agree with about Sean Thornton,  but, like most,  I'm sick and tired of the same minority creating a new thread every other day as to why this guy obviously shouldn't be on the team.  And damn poor logic backing up those rants.

Obviously you agree, so let it be known.

The incessant Kessel/Seguin threads have much more/better content. 

As far as "lame", I understand your opinion.  I believe that, however, is the "code" that gives him the respect from his peers.  I think the fact he just got back from a 15 game suspension could very well have contributed to that exxagerated sense of pity.  If he's not a bit sensitive to "hurting' someone right now, he's dumber than one could imagine.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shocking...Ace & Gary piling on Thornton again.  Still, no criticism for CJ who plays him or PC who employs him.  Why is that?

Hate the game, not the player.

Bigger issue for me is why the heck he was on the ice with 2 minutes left in the 3rd period, trailing by 1 goal.  Glad he lost his stick and had to get off the ice after 25 seconds.

[/QUOTE]

I also was wondering, why is Thornton on the ice w/ 2 mins left and we're down by a goal.  I think is a excellent coach but that made little sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I wasn't joking with NAS, it's impossible to joke with NAS.  He has no sense of humor.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

Try pedophilia humour.........he's a riot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I stand corrected.  The Ace and Gary retort was hilarious.  I did not make the whole connection.  

Count me as a ST detractor.  My brother and I laugh at his "Slapshot'a Michael Ontkean's striptease"   (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oyxLFD2IIw) before his fights.  ST takes off the pads in the same fashion.  The code on fighting is simply an oxymoron. 

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm 55.  You are not 62.  Ask your wife, she will remember.

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

To be perfectly honest, fighter's easing up when the other man is vulnerable ( sweater, falling to the ice, hurt ) is a known practice among some of them. Not uncommon.

Pointing out that Shawn Thornton doesn't abide by "the last man standing" mentality...........is a common practice around here...........going on for how long now ? 

For those who expect beatdowns in an arena...........it's more about showing up for the fight then having Spartacus outcomes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My thought - the psychology war is a bigger win than the physical one.  As the jersey was pulled over his head Thornie probably was saying I could beat your a** senseless, but I'm not.  Sometimes the head games are bigger than the fights.

(sarcasm mode on)

It was a well timed fight.  Did a lot to boost the team a few minutes into the game when they were obviously flat and the Leafs were dominating.  Did a lot to break the leafs momentum.  

(sarcasm mode off)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

To be perfectly honest, fighter's easing up when the other man is vulnerable ( sweater, falling to the ice, hurt ) is a known practice among some of them. Not uncommon.

Pointing out that Shawn Thornton doesn't abide by "the last man standing" mentality...........is a common practice around here...........going on for how long now ? 

For those who expect beatdowns in an arena...........it's more about showing up for the fight then having Spartacus outcomes.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO! Which is why I applaude Campbell when he steps in. It's not always about winning or dominating a fight.