So Polite, So Kind

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: So Polite, So Kind

I like the picture.  This thread is great.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

But to be perfectly honest, I had the same reaction as the OP watching the game last night.  It did seem lame when Thornton just quits on the fight just because he has some advantage.  I say fight to win, and if the other guy feels he is too vulnerable, he can just fall down.  It did seem ridiculous.  Rivalry game, Thornton is there to fight...he should fight.  Let the refs and Fraser worry about Fraser.

[/QUOTE]

To be perfectly honest, fighter's easing up when the other man is vulnerable ( sweater, falling to the ice, hurt ) is a known practice among some of them. Not uncommon.

Pointing out that Shawn Thornton doesn't abide by "the last man standing" mentality...........is a common practice around here...........going on for how long now ? 

For those who expect beatdowns in an arena...........it's more about showing up for the fight then having Spartacus outcomes.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO! Which is why I applaude Campbell when he steps in. It's not always about winning or dominating a fight.

[/QUOTE]

I have never been in a fight i didnt wanna win.  in fact i see a shade of red that i dont like in myself.  If these nhl fights have turned into wwe events take them out.  Are they real or pretend.  Mcsorely probert tapped heads bc they were warriors who had one of the best fights in nhl history.  Now clowny mcgratton does it everytime.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

BINGO! Which is why I applaude Campbell when he steps in. It's not always about winning or dominating a fight.

[/QUOTE]

I have never been in a fight i didnt wanna win.  in fact i see a shade of red that i dont like in myself.  If these nhl fights have turned into wwe events take them out.  Are they real or pretend.  Mcsorely probert tapped heads bc they were warriors who had one of the best fights in nhl history.  Now clowny mcgratton does it everytime.  

[/QUOTE]

Well DUH! Nobody goes into a fight expecting to lose Shupe. But, I think anyone with a brain knows whether they can fight well or not. I think Campbell knows his fighting record, but he steps up when he needs to. I'm sure all the Bruins know his record. Do they care he loses more than he wins? Or, do they appreciate that he isn't afraid to step up in that part of the game when it's warranted? Some people on here always make comments about Campbell fighting, because he doesn't "win" many. He fights for his teammates, not us! Who do you think it matters more to Campbell? Us, or his teammates? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well DUH! Nobody goes into a fight expecting to lose Shupe. But, I think anyone with a brain knows whether they can fight well or not. I think Campbell knows his fighting record, but he steps up when he needs to. I'm sure all the Bruins know his record. Do they care he loses more than he wins? Or, do they appreciate that he isn't afraid to step up in that part of the game when it's warranted? Some people on here always make comments about Campbell fighting, because he doesn't "win" many. He fights for his teammates, not us! Who do you think it matters more to Campbell? Us, or his teammates? 

[/QUOTE]

I love campy.  Always have.  but for so eone to get into a fight it sure as heck is about winning or losing.  I dont want my buttkicked so im fighting mad and scared to lose.  These clowns dont do that.  Well some crazy clowns do.  Code clowns dont.  Anyone with a brain who fights thinking they are gonna lose shouldnt fight. and if this does enter their thought process they should fight even better for fear of losing.   

And the answer would be team mates.   I dont wanna avoid your question.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

This is true Nite, I have alot of repsect for guys when they fight someone knowing they will most likely lose. McQuaid going after Scott this year, no hesitaiton, just dropped the gloves and went after him. I like that.

I remember a game a while back, it wa s B's-Rangers game, the one where Lindros knocked Thornton silly and Barnaby went at with Gill...During that game Marty Lapointe went at it with Chris Simon, actually did okay for himself, never gave Simon the chance to tee off on him. But I remember some people commenting how Lapointe got whipped. I gained alot of respect for Lapointe that day, the circumstances,  a fight filled game and Simon stsarting to run around looking for a partner. Lapointe wasnt all what people thoguht he would be, fair or not, but he did the jersey proud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is true Nite, I have alot of repsect for guys when they fight someone knowing they will most likely lose. McQuaid going after Scott this year, no hesitaiton, just dropped the gloves and went after him. I like that.

I remember a game a while back, it wa s B's-Rangers game, the one where Lindros knocked Thornton silly and Barnaby went at with Gill...During that game Marty Lapointe went at it with Chris Simon, actually did okay for himself, never gave Simon the chance to tee off on him. But I remember some people commenting how Lapointe got whipped. I gained alot of respect for Lapointe that day, the circumstances,  a fight filled game and Simon stsarting to run around looking for a partner. Lapointe wasnt all what people thoguht he would be, fair or not, but he did the jersey proud.

[/QUOTE]

kelv these are real fights though.  both scared to lose.  Both wanting to win.  Not a slap and tickle party with a champagne coolie ending like ST does.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

kelv these are real fights though.  both scared to lose.  Both wanting to win.  Not a slap and tickle party with a champagne coolie ending like ST does.  

[/QUOTE]

That's one of the funniest things I've read here in a long time.  I generally don't laugh out loud (literally) but that busted me up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's one of the funniest things I've read here in a long time.  I generally don't laugh out loud (literally) but that busted me up.

[/QUOTE]

You are welcome my friend.  Us against the world.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to stevegm's comment:

When you get hopelessly pinned in a corner,(which is quite regularly) why do you always start up on some diatribe that has no bearing on the conversation.

You're so incredibly predictable and childish.

Nobody suggested you're attacking ST the person.  You were called out, again, for littering this site with more BS about ST the "player".  A savant could interpret that.

And your proclamation of PC and Julians expectations regarding ST "the player"....also about as limp-dik as it gets.

I like the direct no nonsense approach.........especially the elogence of the limp-dik reference.

It's about time the "follow me, I'm your leader" posts get questioned for some ballsy "screw you, I have my own ideas" posts.

Public forums need varying topics and opinions..........not control freak dictators ( and his puppet ) who fill it with the same BS every few weeks. 

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely true because it's boring if it's any other way. You know as well as I do that this behavior is old news. BTW Chowdah, I was glad to see that you're back. Cheers!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're warming to this Ace and Gary thing, I see...

I do agree with shupe in that you fight to win, and you win by throwing punches, and the punches are aimed at the other player's face, because that's how you hurt someone.  Bottom line, you are unquestionable trying to hurt the other guy.  If not, don't throw punches.

If fighting gets to a point where it is so fake, that you're not actually trying to hurt the other guy, then what is the point?  Just get rid of it.

I get the plaudits for Campbell and showing up and all that, but every action that a player makes in a fight is to gain an advantage.  I get that the fight is over when a guy falls down (and the refs will end it there), but all of these other code nuances seem a little silly.  Let Fraser worry about defending himself.  He can always just fall down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

I love campy.  Always have.  but for so eone to get into a fight it sure as heck is about winning or losing.  I dont want my buttkicked so im fighting mad and scared to lose.  These clowns dont do that.  Well some crazy clowns do.  Code clowns dont.  Anyone with a brain who fights thinking they are gonna lose shouldnt fight. and if this does enter their thought process they should fight even better for fear of losing.   

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe someone whose played any amount of hockey(and a cop to boot) would dare write such nonsense.

Those that consider the odds of winning before they fight are slime.  Bullies usually.  Not just in hockey...everywhere.

You should fight because of some sense of cause.  Always.

The goons do it, because the cause is the job description.  The rest should do it out of anger.

I have zero respect for any person, or hockey player, who only has enough courage to stand up to someone he feels he can beat.  I'll take comittment over anger anytime.

Thank heavens most civilized people feel the same way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do agree with shupe in that you fight to win, and you win by throwing punches, and the punches are aimed at the other player's face, because that's how you hurt someone.  Bottom line, you are unquestionable trying to hurt the other guy.  If not, don't throw punches.

If fighting gets to a point where it is so fake, that you're not actually trying to hurt the other guy, then what is the point?  Just get rid of it.

I get the plaudits for Campbell and showing up and all that, but every action that a player makes in a fight is to gain an advantage.  I get that the fight is over when a guy falls down (and the refs will end it there), but all of these other code nuances seem a little silly.  Let Fraser worry about defending himself.  He can always just fall down.

[/QUOTE]

You can join us.   NWO.  Hit my music! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you two have a loving, warm relationship.  it's a real inspiration to the rest of us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe someone whose played any amount of hockey(and a cop to boot) would dare write such nonsense.

Those that consider the odds of winning before they fight are slime.  Bullies usually.  Not just in hockey...everywhere.

The goons do it, because the cause is the job description.  The rest should do it out of anger.

I have zero respect for any person, or hockey player, who only has enough courage to stand up to someone he feels he can beat.  I'll take comittment over anger anytime.

[/QUOTE]

Huh?  What are you talking about.  Im talking about staged fights.  I have fought bigger and smaller guys on the ice and ive one some and lost some.  I didnt go into them thinking i would lose.  How does this make me a bully?   I fight to survive.  Its the fight or flight thinking.  Ive never flown.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you two have a loving, warm relationship.  it's a real inspiration to the rest of us.

[/QUOTE]

Im not here to inspire you.  Im here for entertainment.  

And yes i like NAS.  Would love to grab a beer with him in real life along with a long list of others on here 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course you fight to win !

Only the lowliest form of humanity though...chooses to fight if, he's sure he can win.

Virtually everyone agree's the staged fights are stupid, so we shouldn't need much discussion there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course you fight to win !

Only the lowliest form of humanity though...chooses to fight if, he's sure he can win.

Virtually everyone agree's the staged fights are stupid, so we shouldn't need much discussion there.

[/QUOTE]

So why did you bark at me and my profession then.  No one is sure they can win everytime.  I have a belief im going to win them all.  In my profession i have no choice but to win them all.  My 5 yr old depends on it.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?  What are you talking about.  Im talking about staged fights.  I have fought bigger and smaller guys on the ice and ive one some and lost some.  I didnt go into them thinking i would lose.  How does this make me a bully?   I fight to survive.  Its the fight or flight thinking.  Ive never flown.   

[/QUOTE]
    then re-read your post...the hi-lited.  If you didn't go into them thinking you would lose....either you carefully chose your dance partner, or you hesitated enough to consider the odds.  Sickening.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Watch it Steve! That's a non-issue here, dis-respecting someone because of a hockey opinion is one thing. Don't EVER try de-moralize a police officer unless you have specific facts that he's corrupt. Shupe & kel deserve NOTHING but totall respect & thanks for what they choose to do for living! You owe this man an apology! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    then re-read your post...the hi-lited.  If you didn't go into them thinking you would lose....either you carefully chose your dance partner, or you hesitated enough to consider the odds.  Sickening.

[/QUOTE]

I think you better reread it along with the sentence after.  If you quit mentally you have already lost.  Ever been swarmed with your nearest backup an hour away.  I have.  I didnt lose.  I wont lose.  I survived.  My fear of losing made me win.  I didnt find that sickening at all.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Watch it Steve! That's a non-issue here, dis-respecting someone because of a hockey opinion is one thing. Don't EVER try de-moralize a police officer unless you have specific facts that he's corrupt. Shupe & kel deserve NOTHING but totall respect & thanks for what they choose to do for living! You owe this man an apology! 

[/QUOTE]

I dont think he owes me anything bc i dont think he understands what im trying to say.  If you think you are going to lose...you have already lost.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

And yes i like NAS.  Would love to grab a beer with him in real life along with a long list of others on here 

[/QUOTE]

You can't have a beer with NAS, he doesn't drink.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do.  :-). 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do.  :-). 

[/QUOTE]

If he's only half as insufferable prik in person as he is on paper then you'll only have to drink yourself halfway into a coma

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Fletch...I believe that Thorts was in a catch 22- when Fraser had his hands tied up in his jersey. I think if Shawn would've continued to pound away; some on here would've brought it up how Thornton has turned into a real "animal" now that he's been suspended & there's no need for him in league. Or, something along those lines. So, he stops when Fraser is vulnerable and chooses to live "by the code" as he has for pretty much his whole career he still gets the nut kicking. Lets face the reality here. When you have no use for an individual they can't win. No matter what they do they'll always be wrong in those peoples eyes. "Can't win for losing"