So Recchin' n a Rollin' too old?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So Recchin' n a Rollin' too old?

3 points tonight against the Pens and getting stronger each game .  REX ! 

(sorry Fletch ) Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: So Recchin' n a Rollin' too old?

Even Wheeler scored. What's up with that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Maybe the Bruins have found Wheelers natural position.. I thought he was outstanding..skating, checking, and scoring by driving to the net..in the 3rd period.. I wouldn't be in such a hurry to trade this guy , if that is what PC has in mind..  Nice to see Rex go back into his old barn and show them he is not done yet..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to So Recchin' n a Rollin' too old?:[QUOTE]3 points tonight against the Pens and getting stronger each game.REX !(sorry Fletch )Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Yah too bad that old "Recchi was a bad signing" thread got archived eh ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

great effort in the comeback,especially that 4th line and killing the penalty when the game was 4-4, awsome. TT a bit shaky on one goal, maybe 2 but percentage wise he did his job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yeah Wally TT got bombarded through 2 periods.  2nd goal his stick got stuck and couldn't get accross.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Recchi is getting stronger, no doubt. Not sold on Wheeler yet. This team won't continue to win games after taking the first two periods off each night!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Recchi's work to set up Wheeler's goal was outstanding. 

That's how to lead by example.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I posted on the blog but maybe someone here can jar my memory.
    Recchi did the same type of rub check in the playoffs against the Sabres and Ruff was crying .....  after the game.
    Who scored on the Recchi feed in playoffs ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: So Recchin' n a Rollin' too old?:
    [QUOTE]I posted on the blog but maybe someone here can jar my memory. Recchi did the same type of rub check in the playoffs against the Sabres and Ruff was crying .....  after the game. Who scored on the Recchi feed in playoffs ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I thought it was Ryder if memory serves me right..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So Recchin' n a Rollin' too old? : I thought it was Ryder if memory serves me right..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Memory is not what it used to be... how could I forget .. it was Bergy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So Recchin' n a Rollin' too old? : Memory is not what it used to be... how could I forget .. it was Bergy!
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

That's right!  Thanks.  Now I can go to sleep .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: So Recchin' n a Rollin' too old?:[QUOTE]I posted on the blog but maybe someone here can jar my memory. Recchi did the same type of rub check in the playoffs against the Sabres and Ruff was crying .....  after the game. Who scored on the Recchi feed in playoffs ? Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I could watch that thing of beauty a 100 times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfD2eafbz9Q

Recchin ball to Bergy...Kennedy "What happened ?"...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]Recchi's work to set up Wheeler's goal was outstanding.  That's how to lead by example.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

That is vintage Mark Recchi. He did the same thing in the playoffs to Kennedy against the Sabres. Way to go Rex!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thanks dawg !  but just before I go after watching Recchin' on Kennedy
    here's Boychuk .  Let's not forget not only are the Bruins missing Kejci and Savvy but this guy also:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Iw08ymdKU&NR=1

cya !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Yea and it took him how many games to finally break through. The old man cant keep it up forever

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yep Poetry in motion. Look, SC&O. You may as well get over it. Rex isn't going anywhere. The B's won't be trading this guy this year. You may has well jump on the "wrecking ball" bandwagon & start supporting him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I stuck up for Rex last season because i thought he was what the team needed and he played decently.

This season, i'm starting to think he has outlived his usefulness.  He is a bit slower and hasn't been as effective as last season.  He did play well last night against Pitt but that hasn't changed my mind. 

Management made a bold move towards youth this offseason inserting Caron, Seguin, and Marchand into a lineup that already had plenty of guys under 25.  I don't think Recchi fits into this plan.  He is a leader, but this team has plenty of leaders on it and i think Recchi's abilities are not what they were last year.

I hope i'm proved wrong with this assessment but Recchi's time on this team should be limited.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to So Recchin' n a Rollin' too old?:
    [QUOTE]3 points tonight against the Pens and getting stronger each game .  REX !  (sorry Fletch )
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

C'mon Legion are you serious?  Did you actually read what I wrote about Recchi?  I said I loved the guy and I hope he plays better, but commented that he was off to an awful start.  He was off to a very slow start and nothing changes that now.  It's a long season.

I was thrilled with his game last night -- he was a stud.  But, are we really gonna do this kind of gloating in an 82 game season every time the guy we defended has a strong game??  Should I start a new thread every time Recchi has a weak game, patting myself on the back for being right in questioning him ("sorrry Legion").

C'mon, give me a break.  I couldn't be happier to see Recchi play so well last night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Rex heard our curses and said "take it back". But, I'm with Fletch, Rex has been slower, and we now learn that he had knee surgery , not as bad as Sturm's, this past summer. Recovery is slower and so is Rex, but some game and time management could help. Pittsburgh used Julien's stack-em defense against him by powering down the sides and then converging on Timmy. The mix of so many Pitt and bruin bodies left Timmy down and out. Washington did the same at times, so it appears that the scouts are finding the holes in the "Stack-em". What's next if Claude remains inflexible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In front of plenty of friends and family, against the team he started his NHL career with some 22 years ago, and on the day his head coach Claude Julien decided it was time to reveal he had double-super-secret knee surgery over the summer, 42-year-old Mark Recchi erupted. He scored his first goal of the season and added two assists.

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2010/11/10/final-score-bruins-7-pittsburgh-4/#more-11320

So a 42 year old player who had offseason Knee surgery has started slow.  Now that we know anyone still worried?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to So Recchin' n a Rollin' too old? : C'mon Legion are you serious?  Did you actually read what I wrote about Recchi?  I said I loved the guy and I hope he plays better, but commented that he was off to an awful start.  He was off to a very slow start and nothing changes that now.  It's a long season. I was thrilled with his game last night -- he was a stud.  But, are we really gonna do this kind of gloating in an 82 game season every time the guy we defended has a strong game??  Should I start a new thread every time Recchi has a weak game, patting myself on the back for being right in questioning him ("sorrry Legion"). C'mon, give me a break.  I couldn't be happier to see Recchi play so well last night.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I'm poking fun at you.  Reading your posts I know you want him to do well and the whole team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

[QUOTE]He is a leader, but this team has plenty of leaders on it...
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Really?  They were a rudderless ship last season until Rex became more vocal in the room.  Z's leadership has been questioned.  Bergy may be coming into his own as a leader, but he hasn't been in the past.  Looch could be a leader, but he's been too young to really grab those reigns so far. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

The Wrecking Ball is now

UNCHAINED!!!

Age before beauty.

He is slowly improving