So was Kaberle worth the price?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

So was Kaberle worth the price?

I think Chiarelli felt sorry for Burke when you consider what he gave up for Mr. Emotion

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Re: So was Kaberle worth the price?

I'm reserving judgement on this until the play-offs are over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

In Response to So was Kaberle worth the price?:
    [QUOTE]I think Chiarelli felt sorry for Burke when you consider what he gave up for Mr. Emotion
    Posted by scotland19[/QUOTE]
    What's done is done. I am not really concerned with what they gave up. I AM concerned with Chiarelli's stated desire to resign him after the season. I'm not so sure that Chiarelli himself will have a job if the B's get knocked out early but there is no way he should resign this guy.
    BTW, remember that Mike O'Connell was fired as he beginning the process to resign Hal Gill. Ownership decided to get rid of him before he could do any more damage. This may be the same thing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes, Kaberle was worth it, he's immensely talented.

Yes, that goal was a perfect assist for the Habs.  Only for me in my viewing - ok? - it's the first mistake I've seen him make like that.

The problem?  Coaching.  He is being poorly used, most notably on the PP.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

He adds some great puck control in the offensive zone, particularly on the PP, but he's only an average defenseman otherwise.

I would rather have picked up a 40-goal scorer, but for the $$$.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Absolutely not...makes too many bonehead plays defensively and hasn't really generated points offensively. I would much rather have Kampfer out there. Plus the PP is a complete joke! PC gave up way too much and I hope the FO doesn't sign him to an extention.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Any fair-minded, conscious person can see trading Colborne for Kaberle was a horrible deal.  Colborne may have some Charmin in his game, but his size, skill and playmaking talent are extremely hard to come by and management should have known that.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

No, and I don't even put a high value on Colbourne. I just don't see anything that Kaberle is adding to the team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

Not worth it given what I've seen. Maybe its a problem of an offensive minded player in a defense, dump and chase, forget creativity, can we play 4 goalies at the same time kind of mentality.

But I would not play someone else given who we have. Kampfer is simply overmatched at this level and needs another year in providence.

Dear God though, please do not re-sign Kaberle if you don't fire CJ!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

i've seen enough of what Kaberle has done in his many years in Toronto to make the following judgement...i am also keeping in mind that he has to learn a new system under CJ..
    We got BURNED on this deal. I watched this kid play in Toronto for 12 (or so) years and he's made more mistakes as a Bruin than he did the whole time playing in Toronto....
    I watched a number of games with my buddies who are all Leaf fans and just marvelled at how cool this guy is under pressure...how the puck never gets by him on the blue line...how he never gives it up in the defensive zone...his great first time passing....
    The guy in the spoked B is not the same...
    I would have rather picked up Brewer for our 1st pick and kept Colborne...
    I will be glad to chow down on my hat if he comes around and we see the same Kaberle that i marvelled at...but for now, simply put we got ROOKED!
    just my opinion....

BBB

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

So far we have'nt seen much of Kaberle...I will wait till the end of the series before making a statement ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Right at this moment, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joegiunts. Show joegiunts's posts

Based off of what I have seen, I would not resign him and take that money and the money from Ryder and make a run at Zach Parise (if NJ does not sign him).  That guy is a stud and the type of finisher that we need around the net.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

totally agree withjoegiunts use the ryder money and let kaberle walk...go for parise

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In Response to Re: So was Kaberle worth the price?:
    [QUOTE]Based off of what I have seen, I would not resign him and take that money and the money from Ryder and make a run at Zach Parise (if NJ does not sign him).  That guy is a stud and the type of finisher that we need around the net.
    Posted by joegiunts[/QUOTE]

Agree!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Any fair-minded, conscious person can see trading Colborne for Kaberle was a horrible deal.  Colborne may have some Charmin in his game, but his size, skill and playmaking talent are extremely hard to come by and management should have known that.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

... like Blake Wheeler?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaySheroGM. Show RaySheroGM's posts

The Canadians picked up J.Wisniewski for a 2nd & conditional 5th pk. This trade was like most of the ones P.Chiarelli makes, He buys High and sells low, Only getting a 3rd pk for D.Morris & giving up a 2nd for C.Kelly, He has made several trades getting the extra picks so he can trade others away and still have picks.
    He would have been more wise to use the extra picks to try to move up the draft board, if we kept #15 in the 2010 draft we may have been able to make a move for C.Fowler but we would mot have had N.Horton and there is no way that Fowler blossoms under this coach and system like he did with the Ducks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli is already up on the draft board with TOs pick 9th overall and he could afford to give up a low 2nd rounder for an NHL ready player because he has the Wild's high 2nd rounder this summer. Who cares what PC got for that bag of pucks Morris ? Does nothing, did nothing so if that 3rd rounder turns into something then Chiarellii got something for Morris after signing him as a free agent.

Colborne was a 16th overall pick in the 2008 draft what's the odds a 16th overall pick making it in the NHL ? Especially one that got passed on the depth chart by the 2009 25th pick Caron. Chiarelli has Spooner, Knight and this other center named Seguin who are all better than Colborne.

Go back to Pittsburgh Ray then comeback after you get your facts straight!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

you throw all the eggs in the basket & then take a look....i dont think he was worth all that was given up,even if he plays good they gave up alot....in the deal you have to throw in the atlanta deal cause that was involved to free up cap space to acquire him.....so its Kaberle,Peverly for a 1st rd,a 2nd rd.,Wheeler,Colbourn & most important Stuart....I just dont see where these 2 have been worth what was given up as of yet....is Peverly as good as Wheeler? or Kaberle worth more to this team as Stuart? then add in all the draft picks & Colbourn        then again if you win the stanley cup!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, Kaberle was worth it, he's immensely talented. Yes, that goal was a perfect assist for the Habs.  Only for me in my viewing - ok? - it's the first mistake I've seen him make like that. The problem?  Coaching.  He is being poorly used, most notably on the PP.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

What a time to make a mistake like that though .Kaberle needs to step up and start playing assertive, smart hockey.From what we have seen of him thus far I wouldn't bring him back but he has a lot of time to redeem himself ,I hope he does.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The lack of a smooth passing PMD was widely considered the Bruins biggest shortcoming.  The Bruins traded a decent prospect and a late first-rounder to get the second highest scoring defenseman in the game since the lockout.  Given the context of the trade, with the Bruins widely considered one of the top-2 contenders in the East, Kaberle was definately worth the price.  Has he worked out well since the trade?  He's not bad, but probably could be better.  I like what he has braught, and I think he will be very important.  As far as CJ's system not working for him, it hasn't stopped Chara from putting up career highs, it didn't stop Wideman from being high-scoring both in the regular season and the playoffs, and a conservative system doesn't stop Lidstrom from excelling in Detroit.  We saw Wideman get pleanty of icetime despite being very risky.  CJ is not holding back Kaberle, but I think the adjustment hasn't been easy for him.  He was in TO on a lousy team for a long time.