So Who Are You

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

So Who Are You

Grew up in northern New England, never played organized hockey, but was connected to the Bruins radio broadcasts, by a friend Jim Clifford, around 1953. Although my skating skills confined me to playing goalie in  pond hockey, I fell in love with the game and the Bruins. I'm talking Toppazini, Topper,  Don Mckenney, even before the Uke line, and then Orr and Espo in the seventies.  But thats me, what I am asking is what is your connection, your history with hockey and the Bruins. I am especially interested in the experience of people like Kelv and Stan and many others who post here too many to name, but would like to hear your stories.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: So Who Are You

PS  Asked this once before, but hope I can get more expanded feedback

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Sorry I posted this. stupid on my part . screw it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Will never post here again, sorry guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

??????

Um, a question as to why we're bruins fans and our relationship to hockey is getting you to never post here again? Me am confused.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Jus 1 more guyz thankx 4 the support

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Slow response doesn't mean people would respond. Give them time.  Now me, as the author of a new book on hockey and the PM of a large northern nation, I'll probably take a pass....

We've done this before, billge.  Comes up once a year or so, but usually in those dead, dreary months non-hockey folk call "summer".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yep.  Summer topic.

(Very odd)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now me, as the author of a new book on hockey and the PM of a large northern nation, I'll probably take a pass....

---------

So then you're not a Bruins fan ?

stephen harper favourite hockey team

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think anyone is too crazy about identifying themselves publicly on the internet, but (vaguely) I grew up in western Mass.  Played a lot of hockey, but much of it on the pond (rural out there).  Dad used to take me to the Garden a lot, and sometimes the Mall in Hartford.  Loved McNab, Middleton, O'Reilly, Milbury, Bourque, etc.  Heard a lot about Orr and the 1980 Olympics from my family, but am honestly not sure if I can ever remember seeing either live.

Played college at a small school in PA, moved to Somerville, MA after college, then to Miami-Ohio for a Masters and was very loosely affiliated with the hockey program there.  Been in Denver for almost 12 years.  

Play hockey, run, bike, swim, ski, read, write.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Grew up in Billerica, MA...played Bantam hockey, but was my skills never matched my love of the game...went to hockey powerhouse Austin Prep and played a little, but could not break into the lineup...great teams in the 70's. Went off to college and worked on an off...finally realized my calling and went into military service...24 years. Retired from USAF 10+ years ago and have been teaching in helathcare and writing ever since...published in my field via McGraw-Hill. My family and I are ardent B's supporters remotely from Tampa,FL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Next Bruins GM

55 years of hockey experience at all level and still refering 

will move from. Montreal to Boston in the next few weeks the way the team is playing right now...I will need to make a GOOD move quickly to put the team on track on time for the playoffs ...expecting a call from Mr Neely shortly

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruin4evr. Show bruin4evr's posts

started cheering for the Bruins in 1965, I was 4, only six teams and there was my Dad and 4 brothers. We each took a team, I was the youngest, the Bruins at the bottom (Prior to Orr). Never stopped cheering for them. I'm in Alberta, Canada, between Edmonton & Calgary. My family are Bruins fans, my one son may even be more Bruin then myself, my wife she's also into it. Bruin colors in the house and all. I haven't posted on here to much, just getting into it.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Slow response doesn't mean people would respond. Give them time.  Now me, as the author of a new book on hockey and the PM of a large northern nation, I'll probably take a pass....

We've done this before, billge.  Comes up once a year or so, but usually in those dead, dreary months non-hockey folk call "summer".

[/QUOTE]

Are you Stephen Joseph Harper born April 30, 1959 in Toronto Canada.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to TomOBrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Grew up in Billerica, MA...played Bantam hockey, but was my skills never matched my love of the game...went to hockey powerhouse Austin Prep and played a little, but could not break into the lineup...great teams in the 70's. Went off to college and worked on an off...finally realized my calling and went into military service...24 years. Retired from USAF 10+ years ago and have been teaching in helathcare and writing ever since...published in my field via McGraw-Hill. My family and I are ardent B's supporters remotely from Tampa,FL.

[/QUOTE]

I'll be at the Tampa game on March 8th.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Born in NH, grew up in Rochester NY.  I taught for 34 years including AP USHistory.  Retired.  I paint houses intererior and exterior, recently I have piece built a library for a client.  I should have played hockey, it was not around at Rush-Henrietta High School when attending.  I did see a lot of the Amerks games with Cheevers. I have been a hockey FAN ever since. Cheers to all who have played and remain active.  Envy is all I have for your efforts. Cheers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Born, grew up and live just south of Boston. 38 now, been a Bruins/hockey fan since I was about 6. Have always played goalie, gave it up last year since 3 of my kids are in youth hockey and I coach 3 teams. My 2 year old starts next year.

When I was 12 my parents bought me Bruins-Canadiens tickets since I like every other kid who played net was a big Patrick Roy fan. We got to the game only to find Brian Hayward in net. My dad drove me up to Montreal two days later on a Saturday night game and we watched  Roy beat the Sabres. Great dads do stuff like that, I'll never know how much he paid for those tix. When your 12 and you experience a Saturday night game in the Forum, there is nothing like it.

Been with my wife for 22 years, since we were 16, have 4 kids, 3 girls, 1 son and two German Shepherds.

Grew up playing hockey, baseball,golf, neighborhood football and wiffle ball. Everyday we played something. We invented games. Kids today sitting in the house on their IPhones and X-Box's have no idea what their missing. We were good kids who never touched drugs and any money we made went to sports equipment, tickets and baseball/hockey cards or ordering pizza. I'm dating myself now, even might be stretching the old arm a bit looking for a stray wiffle ball in the garage.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I was born and raised on the South Shore.  I played Hockey, Soccer and Baseball growing up, but hated Baseball.  I wasn't allowed to quit in season because my parents weren't stupid and each offseason I was convinced that this year would be different.  As a Soccer player and hockey player, I have always considered myself to be a B-team all star.  Lots of hustle, lots of love for the game, but it did not really translate into skill or knowledge during my playing days.  Went to Umaine for a 7 year college career with one year off in between.  Loved the Black Bears before I got to the school but have never really been able to get into college sports.  Like Kel I married my high school sweetheart and am a father three beautiful daughters.  Someday I hope to put skates on again but it has been 10-15 years since the last time I skated.  Would love to have my daughters play hockey but would need to hit the megabucks to make it possible.  They also haven't really expressed an interest, it seems my older daughters are more the princess type. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Lived in southern Maine my entire life, go to school in MA. Finishing up this semester then I'm Montreal bound in the fall - eek, behind enemy lines. As for hockey, I never played. One of my biggest regrets is not getting into the sport when I was younger.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Grew up in Belmont MA, played bantam hs and college.

Started watching the Bruins somewhere about 1970 or so.

Isla says he watched Cheevers play with the Amerks in '64 and claims he's only 62?  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

That was a nice story below with regards to your Dad and Montreal.  I have see many Saturday games but the best was seeing Lemieux and Jagr play watching at center ice.  Another was the game after Boston traded Bourque.  My wife sat next to Hal Gills wife and had a nice conversation.  Yet, being 12 there must have been significantly more exciting especially with Dad's effort.  Cheers.  

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Born, grew up and live just south of Boston. 38 now, been a Bruins/hockey fan since I was about 6. Have always played goalie, gave it up last year since 3 of my kids are in youth hockey and I coach 3 teams. My 2 year old starts next year.

When I was 12 my parents bought me Bruins-Canadiens tickets since I like every other kid who played net was a big Patrick Roy fan. We got to the game only to find Brian Hayward in net. My dad drove me up to Montreal two days later on a Saturday night game and we watched  Roy beat the Sabres. Great dads do stuff like that, I'll never know how much he paid for those tix. When your 12 and you experience a Saturday night game in the Forum, there is nothing like it.

Been with my wife for 22 years, since we were 16, have 4 kids, 3 girls, 1 son and two German Shepherds.

Grew up playing hockey, baseball,golf, neighborhood football and wiffle ball. Everyday we played something. We invented games. Kids today sitting in the house on their IPhones and X-Box's have no idea what their missing. We were good kids who never touched drugs and any money we made went to sports equipment, tickets and baseball/hockey cards or ordering pizza. I'm dating myself now, even might be stretching the old arm a bit looking for a stray wiffle ball in the garage.

[/QUOTE]