So who gets the dreaded call today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: So who gets the dreaded call today?

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Oh Christ.  Who cares.

Look whose got their bib overalls in a bunch.  Typical southern redneck.  

Anytime the educated people from the north correct them, they offer belittlement in return.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shortpops' comment:

With all due respect what is wacky about facts that are easily verified by reviewing their statistics.  Caron got the job because he is a known quantity that has been indoctrinated with the coach's system and with 6 years of youth on his side plus his numero uno draft pick status that sealed the deal.

Please check your math again before calling it "fact"and here's what the coach said today:

With Johnson being placed on waivers, it also means that Jordan Caron wasn't, and will get his chance as the 13th forward with the team to start 2013-14.

Depending on Soderberg's status, he could even have a chance to play in the home opener.

"The last couple of games, I thought there was a little bit more urgency in his game, in doing the things we talked about," Julien said of Caron, who capped of his camp with a goal in the 5-0 win over the Jets.

"His whole camp was what we know about Jordan; reliable and doing the things he has to do. But we asked him to do a little bit more."

"So, not just because he scored a goal, but he had some chances and we used him on the penalty kill and different areas. He seemed to generate a little bit more, but that has to continue."

"He’s 23 years old, he’s still a young player, and he’s a player that an organization doesn’t want to give up on too early. So we feel as coaches that we can help him improve and we’re going to work with him to make him improve in those areas."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

All the figures  I quoted come from  what is  represented as  the Bruins website as their logo and the NHL moniker appear on both pages. The Bruins coach as I have said is much more comfortable with players he personally is familiar with. Hence last year we had one of the former New Jersey Devils who he had previously coached signed on as a backup foreward. This ex Devil never really  seemed to do much on the offensive side but the coach was apparently happy with him from a defensive perspective as he spent the year with the B's.. In the last analysis it is the coach who has the final call on who plays for him. When Jarimar Jagr came on board last year the coach was surprised that he was defensively respondant to his(the coachs system). And Jagr is one of the games greatest(he became great because he knows what to do and this coach was surprised at his defensive abilities)  Caron has had flashes of quality play in the past but that play has tailed off so lets hope the gurus up top have the right call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

All the figures  I quoted come from  what is  represented as  the Bruins website as their logo and the NHL moniker appear on both pages. The Bruins coach as I have said is much more comfortable with players he personally is familiar with. Hence last year we had one of the former New Jersey Devils who he had previously coached signed on as a backup foreward. This ex Devil never really  seemed to do much on the offensive side but the coach was apparently happy with him from a defensive perspective as he spent the year with the B's.. In the last analysis it is the coach who has the final call on who plays for him. When Jarimar Jagr came on board last year the coach was surprised that he was defensively respondant to his(the coachs system). And Jagr is one of the games greatest(he became great because he knows what to do and this coach was surprised at his defensive abilities)  Caron has had flashes of quality play in the past but that play has tailed off so lets hope the gurus up top have the right call.

"50% more points in just 6 more games" is what I was referencing. It's actually 16 more games.  I should've just said it to begin with, so sorry about that. Back on topic though, Johnson also doesn't kill penalties. Having a solid PK is every bit as important as having a good PP. Even moreso to these eyes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

With all due respect what is wacky about facts that are easily verified by reviewing their statistics.  Caron got the job because he is a known quantity that has been indoctrinated with the coach's system and with 6 years of youth on his side plus his numero uno draft pick status that sealed the deal.

Please check your math again before calling it "fact"and here's what the coach said today:

With Johnson being placed on waivers, it also means that Jordan Caron wasn't, and will get his chance as the 13th forward with the team to start 2013-14.

Depending on Soderberg's status, he could even have a chance to play in the home opener.

"The last couple of games, I thought there was a little bit more urgency in his game, in doing the things we talked about," Julien said of Caron, who capped of his camp with a goal in the 5-0 win over the Jets.

"His whole camp was what we know about Jordan; reliable and doing the things he has to do. But we asked him to do a little bit more."

"So, not just because he scored a goal, but he had some chances and we used him on the penalty kill and different areas. He seemed to generate a little bit more, but that has to continue."

"He’s 23 years old, he’s still a young player, and he’s a player that an organization doesn’t want to give up on too early. So we feel as coaches that we can help him improve and we’re going to work with him to make him improve in those areas."

Could you please do me a favor and provide a link to this quote. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

Voila!

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=20821&navid=DL|BOS|home

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

Voila!

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=20821&navid=DL|BOS|home

Thanks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Anytime. I should've just added it and forgot. Cheers!

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Spooner and Svedberg sent down according to the Globe.

Leaves Caron and Johnson.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thanks, Friday!  Welcome to Monday!

Are you not entertained?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Why did Tres-Cero get the nod over Svedberg? Guy has what? 10 games of NHL experience? At 27 years old?

He's going to be dumped no more than halfway through the season. Granted, in those 10 games, he's somehow been lights out, after putting out below-average-at-best numbers in the AHL for all those years.

I'm hoping that Subban and Svedberg get a good split in the AHL, maintaining a good mix of being fresh and sharp. I just don't see Svedberg not getting called up a lot throughout the year due to lackluster play from Tres-Cero.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I just knew BadHab was a Friday. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Why did Tres-Cero get the nod over Svedberg? Guy has what? 10 games of NHL experience? At 27 years old?

He's going to be dumped no more than halfway through the season. Granted, in those 10 games, he's somehow been lights out, after putting out below-average-at-best numbers in the AHL for all those years.

I'm hoping that Subban and Svedberg get a good split in the AHL, maintaining a good mix of being fresh and sharp. I just don't see Svedberg not getting called up a lot throughout the year due to lackluster play from Tres-Cero.

I'm too lazy to look up all of the exact numbers again but I know the Bruins organization saves around 700,000$ by having Johnson open the door instead of Svedberg. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The points Chiarelli made when discussing Spooner seem relevant here for Svedberg, too.  Guy was lights out in the regular season, but crapped out as part of the collapse in the playoffs - I think more than a full goal worse per game.  PC didn't like the dropoff in Spooner's production - 5 points in 12 games after going point/game in the regular season (or just off, really).  I imagine the same is true with Svedberg - go down, play a lot, show me you can do it in the playoffs this time.

That said, if Rask goes down, I fully anticipate that Svedberg will be the starter.

Dez, it's about $300-400K, not 700.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The points Chiarelli made when discussing Spooner seem relevant here for Svedberg, too.  Guy was lights out in the regular season, but crapped out as part of the collapse in the playoffs - I think more than a full goal worse per game.  PC didn't like the dropoff in Spooner's production - 5 points in 12 games after going point/game in the regular season (or just off, really).  I imagine the same is true with Svedberg - go down, play a lot, show me you can do it in the playoffs this time.

That said, if Rask goes down, I fully anticipate that Svedberg will be the starter.

Dez, it's about $300-400K, not 700.

I'm not talking about cap hit. I mean actual cash paid. Johnson gets his 600,000$ no matter what and Svedberg gets an 855,000$ raise if he makes the big club. He only makes 70,000$ to play in Prov. I suspect ownership might want to keep some of that money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ah.  I don't buy that, but now I understand it.  I really can't fathom the idea that Chiarelli and Julien would say "this is the team" and the ownership would say "No.  Switch the backup goalie so I can save $800K.  I know this basically defeats the purpose of having a GM, and it basically cuts the legs out of any trust between ownership and management, but I'd like to save 0.012% of the roster budget I gave you."

Pretty sure Jacobs spends that much daily on stem cell smoothies to keep his zombified form ambulatory.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]

Pretty sure Jacobs spends that much daily on stem cell smoothies to keep his zombified form ambulatory.

He really is Mr. Burns, isn't he?

So I just read all the pissing and moaning going back and forth on this. It never fails to surprise me how some fans continue to disregard the holistic approach pro management takes towards assembling a team. It's like the fans just want to plug in the goal scorers from the juniors and call it a day.

The Bruins need a 3rd line winger. Not a top 6, not a speedster, not some journeyman with little ceiling and little track record. They need someone who can gobble minutes without giving momentum to the other team, so the Top 6 can get back on the ice and do some damage. They need someone who won't make defensive mistakes. Someone who can chip in on the PK every once in a while. They also don't want to expose a 23 year old big body to waivers, but instead give him every opportunity to be successful either for their own team, or to increase market value. There is absolutely no reason why Johnson should get a roster spot over Caron given the position that is available. And it's the exact same reason why Svedberg will be the starter in Providence.

Puck Daddy had it right: "Boston Bruins: Boston fans are confounded that the Bruins sent down Nick Johnson — whom you've never heard of despite his four goals in the preseason — in favor of a former first-round pick they're probably going to give at least some kind of run-out to see if he's got what it takes to be a 13th forward. Caron, by the way, is 22 and would have had to clear waivers. Do people really not get this?"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ah.  I don't buy that, but now I understand it.  I really can't fathom the idea that Chiarelli and Julien would say "this is the team" and the ownership would say "No.  Switch the backup goalie so I can save $800K.  I know this basically defeats the purpose of having a GM, and it basically cuts the legs out of any trust between ownership and management, but I'd like to save 0.012% of the roster budget I gave you."

I'm not saying that's the main reason or even one at all. Just the facts is all.