So who's gonna put this team on their shoulders?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

So who's gonna put this team on their shoulders?

I really like what Horton has shown over the last couple months as far as leadership and his willingness to get involved.  Can't believe this is the same player who was criticized here a couple months ago for his lack of intensity.  Nice job Horty. 

Lucic has been somewhat quiet lately at least as far as his physical game goes - a couple fights but no major hits that I can remember. He needs to get that part back into his game. 

Chara leads by example - a quiet leader if you will.  Not much flash but solid all around.  I look forward to him burying those small Habs forwards.

These three can do it if they want to.  Will they?  Who else is going to step up?  Can't wait til Thursday!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: So who's gonna put this team on their shoulders?

My vote would be for Lucic, he steps it up in the playoffs. I think Marchand will elevate his game, for he has been quiet as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to So who's gonna put this team on their shoulders?:
    [QUOTE]I really like what Horton has shown over the last couple months as far as leadership and his willingness to get involved.  Can't believe this is the same player who was criticized here a couple months ago for his lack of intensity.  Nice job Horty.  Lucic has been somewhat quiet lately at least as far as his physical game goes - a couple fights but no major hits that I can remember. He needs to get that part back into his game.  Chara leads by example - a quiet leader if you will.  Not much flash but solid all around.  I look forward to him burying those small Habs forwards. These three can do it if they want to.  Will they?  Who else is going to step up?  Can't wait til Thursday!
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Lucic wallpapered one of the NYR d-men in that game.I expect Lucic and Horton to elevate their play starting Thursday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

It wont be Chara we know that by now. I would also say Lucic he seems to relish the moment and not shy away from it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I am not worried about Lucic he usually is at his best durign the playoffs and Price will have to deal with him near his crease for the entire round.  I also believe that Marchand will be a difference maker!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Patrice will step up

Go B's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Looch-Horton-Chara and TT ....will lead the BRUINS to the next round ...I expect a god contribution from Brad...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

so when he played soft (like Charmin soft for weeks) he was criticized for lacking in intensity, and now that he's playing with intensity he is no longer criticized. the system works.

is there any reason for him to fight again this season though? it should only be spur of the moment and in defense of a teammate if it has to happen, imo.

but yes, Nate's played really well for the last few months and gives them a pretty kickarse first line for the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

klh
    bmr
    rsp
    pck

zb
    ks
    fm

tt
    tr

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bergeron needs too be he's been sleep walking since the death in his family that's no knock but he has to be "the guy" he was in the playoffs last year just that born leader he his is at such a young age.

As the 3rd line needs to be more consistent the 2nd line is what really kept teams on their heals during that road game win streak this past winter. Patrice will rise to the top he has too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

its a deep team, they are going to play as a team and win as a team, no need for a hero in the first round

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: So who's gonna put this team on their shoulders?:
    [QUOTE]its a deep team, they are going to play as a team and win as a team, no need for a hero in the first round
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

In total agreement.  The Bruins seem to be the sum of all the parts.  They don't appear to have or need a go-to guy.  Perhaps that speaks to their depth more than the personalities on the roster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

daub, RHO - I disagree.  This team is where it is because at various points in the year, different lines have stepped up to be "the guy(s)".  Lately, it's been the fourth line chipping in the timely goals that make the difference.  In Jan/Feb, it was the second line with Bergeron and Marchand absolutely unconscious while the other lines seemed pretty quiet.  Then the KHL line went nuts for a while with Horton fine-tuning his numbers and Lucic hitting the 30 plateau.  During that stretch, not much production from the other lines.  They have serial heroism, not a four-line, come-at-you-in-waves approach.  I'd say they do need a line to put the team on it's shoulders, and I'm going to guess it's the KHL line based on the bad blood that line has going with the Shabs.  And my mulligan will be the Peverley-Kelly-Ryder/Seguin line.  Every year, there's a journeyman type guy who goes absolutely monkey faeces in the first round, and Peverley looks like he could be that kind of guy.  Kelly's also one of those guys who looks more valuable in the playoffs - responsible and opportunistic. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Patrice will step up
    Posted by jman4

I hope your right... he's been pretty invisible lately.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

not really, it seems like its a different guy every game other than that stretch were bergeron had like 5 points a game

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]daub, RHO - I disagree.  This team is where it is because at various points in the year, different lines have stepped up to be "the guy(s)".  Lately, it's been the fourth line chipping in the timely goals that make the difference.  In Jan/Feb, it was the second line with Bergeron and Marchand absolutely unconscious while the other lines seemed pretty quiet.  Then the KHL line went nuts for a while with Horton fine-tuning his numbers and Lucic hitting the 30 plateau.  During that stretch, not much production from the other lines.  They have serial heroism, not a four-line, come-at-you-in-waves approach.  I'd say they do need a line to put the team on it's shoulders, and I'm going to guess it's the KHL line based on the bad blood that line has going with the Shabs.  And my mulligan will be the Peverley-Kelly-Ryder/Seguin line.  Every year, there's a journeyman type guy who goes absolutely monkey faeces in the first round, and Peverley looks like he could be that kind of guy.  Kelly's also one of those guys who looks more valuable in the playoffs - responsible and opportunistic. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    For this first round it's got to be Lucic & Horton out-playing Camel & Gionta. These are the 4 top (goal scorers) for both teams. Two completely different styles, but both effective in their own rite. Then it comes down to Chara & partner being able to keep C&G off the score sheet better than whoever the Habs put out there against Lucic & Horton!
    Lookfor both goalies to play like all-stars! I don't think they will be the reason one team advances over the other. That's a postion that will be a wash.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]daub, RHO - I disagree.  This team is where it is because at various points in the year, different lines have stepped up to be "the guy(s)".  Lately, it's been the fourth line chipping in the timely goals that make the difference.  In Jan/Feb, it was the second line with Bergeron and Marchand absolutely unconscious while the other lines seemed pretty quiet.  Then the KHL line went nuts for a while with Horton fine-tuning his numbers and Lucic hitting the 30 plateau.  During that stretch, not much production from the other lines.  They have serial heroism, not a four-line, come-at-you-in-waves approach.  I'd say they do need a line to put the team on it's shoulders, and I'm going to guess it's the KHL line based on the bad blood that line has going with the Shabs.  And my mulligan will be the Peverley-Kelly-Ryder/Seguin line.  Every year, there's a journeyman type guy who goes absolutely monkey faeces in the first round, and Peverley looks like he could be that kind of guy.  Kelly's also one of those guys who looks more valuable in the playoffs - responsible and opportunistic. 

Fair enough, Book.  I was thinking more in terms of a singular leader-type rather than those examples you've mentioned.  I've wondered if the club had a leader in the traditional sense but yeah, if the lines or specific combos are going great guns, so much so the better. 

You mentioned there's usually some non-descript player who catches fire in the the opening rounds.  Immediately I thought of former Cap John Druce.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Druce did it more than once, so no surprise he came to mind!  The other guy who always comes to mind for me is Chris Kontos.  Guy played for something like 15 different pro teams in nine leagues, plus the Canadian Olympic program, and was never more than a fringe player until, strangely, his last NHL shot with the first-year Lightning in 92-93 when he had 51 points in 66 games.  I don't remember why they didn't bring him back the next year - probably because he wanted a payday.

In 87-88, Kontos played in New Haven, Muskegon, Pittsburgh, and LA.  In 88-89, he went to Switzerland, but came back to play 7 games before the playoffs.  He'd been dominant in Switzerland, and playing on a Kings team with some guy named Gretzky, he scored 9 goals in 11 games.  He came out of nowhere.

Honourable mention to Bob Joyce here too for his 8 goal, 14pt playoff in 87-88.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Druce did it more than once, so no surprise he came to mind!  The other guy who always comes to mind for me is Chris Kontos.  Guy played for something like 15 different pro teams in nine leagues, plus the Canadian Olympic program, and was never more than a fringe player until, strangely, his last NHL shot with the first-year Lightning in 92-93 when he had 51 points in 66 games.  I don't remember why they didn't bring him back the next year - probably because he wanted a payday. In 87-88, Kontos played in New Haven, Muskegon, Pittsburgh, and LA.  In 88-89, he went to Switzerland, but came back to play 7 games before the playoffs.  He'd been dominant in Switzerland, and playing on a Kings team with some guy named Gretzky, he scored 9 goals in 11 games.  He came out of nowhere. Honourable mention to Bob Joyce here too for his 8 goal, 14pt playoff in 87-88.
    Druce did it once in 89-90(14g-3a in 15gp).His playoff high in points,other than that year,is 2.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Lucic has always stepped up his game in the playoffs, so that's where I start. Z seems more unshakable than ever, for example when he stepped up in that 7-0 game after the Pax situation, so I expect something big from him too. Thomas hopefully continues his play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I wonder why no one specifcally mentioned Krecji.  Last year we were saying he was the B's best player.  What's happened to him?  Is he dinged up a little?