So, you don't want Thornton in the lineup?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

So, you don't want Thornton in the lineup?

Welcome Exhibit A of why NAS and Shupe are wrong.

First game without Thronton and you've got Rosehill, Brent, and Komisarek running wild, throwing cheapshots, starting scrums, dropping the gloves.  Without Thornton out there, Lucic has to drop 'em and fight a complete goon in a meaningless game.  Dumb.

Hope you enjoyed watching our 30 goal scorer skating off to the room with a bleeding hand.  That's life without Thronton.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: So, you don't want Thornton in the lineup?

Brent is running wild?  LOL

Which cheapshots?  I think we're watching the same game, but I don't know what you're talking about.  Is Kessel also running wild without Thornton on the ice?  He got into it with Ference.

Lucic chose to go.  McQuaid could have, right?  The B's without Thornton beat Chicago 3-0.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

First thing I thought of Fletch, good post.  I would much rather have Thornton trading with a hump like Rosehill than Lucic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

McQuad, Lucic, Chara, Campy.  If Jay Rosehill is the reason we need Thorton I need to watch another sport.  Jay Rosehill?  Are you serious.  When did Komisarek scare anyone.  Who the heck is Brent? 

I don't see Lucic in the dressing room.  is he playing? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

With Thornton in the locker room for the majority of the Chicago game, where was the same foolishness you're referencing?  Do you think it has to do with the absence of Thornton, or could it also be because this is a heated rivalry, and it would be exactly the same if Thornton was out there?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ala Hulk Hogan.  "Whatcha gonna do, When Brent runs wild on you!!!"

Too funny.  If we watch long enough Kessel may turn into Boogie Man before our eyes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Krejci just took a big hit from Lupul.  I wish Thornton wasn't injured.  That never would have happened!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I didnt read this when Jim Vandameer traded bombs with him.  Where was thorton that night?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why would Jay Rosehill play any differently?  Do you think he's afraid of Thornton?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

this brent guy sounds interesting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And why did Lucic fight Rosehill?  He chose to do so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

lucic was smiling with his interview on tsn during the interview.  he must have been really hurt to do an interview...
    Brent going wild still makes me chuckle

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

lucic was smiling with his interview on tsn during the interview.  he must have been really hurt to do an interview...
    Brent going wild still makes me chuckle

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wild and crazy Tim Brent!  He of the 95 games and 39 PIM.  He is just a dirty player who wouldn't think of these shenanigans if Thornton was sitting at the end of the Bruins bench for 85% of the game!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow, you two are wild.  Lending some credence to the theory that your the same poster...

If Thornton is in the lineup, I bet he fights Rosehill, not Thornton.  Thornton isn't needed in every game and probably isn't needed in the playoffs.  But he was needed tonight -- it is exhibit A of why has plays regular season games.

Slapping up a dozen rapid fire posts doesn't change that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: So, you don't want Thornton in the lineup?:
    [QUOTE]Wow, you two are wild.  Lending some credence to the theory that your the same poster... If Thornton is in the lineup, I bet he fights Rosehill, not Thornton.  Thornton isn't needed in every game and probably isn't needed in the playoffs.  But he was needed tonight -- it is exhibit of of why has plays regular season games. Slapping up a dozen rapid fire posts doesn't change that.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

The other option would be for Thornton to stay in the press box and have the coach tell Lucic not to fight skating clowns like Rosehill...or Tim Brent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch,
    Jay Rosehill is a career minor leaguer who Lucic found and wanted to fight.  Brent was just funny, it still is.  Komisarek has already been taken care of and will never fight Lucic again.  How the heck does having Thorton address any of this.

So Thorton fights Rosehill...does that make that big of a difference.  Lucic fighting him had the fans going a lot more.  Lord the Lucic nuts have been saying he hasnt been fighting enough. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Somebody had to take Rosehill.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, you don't want Thornton in the lineup? : The other option would be for Thornton to stay in the press box and have the coach tell Lucic not to fight skating clowns like Rosehill...or Tim Brent.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

That would be fine if that's what happened...but it isn't.  And rather than have Lucic run away from guys I would prefer to have someone else answer the bell from the 4th line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch, Jay Rosehill is a career minor leaguer who Lucic found and wanted to fight.  Brent was just funny, it still is.  Komisarek has already been taken care of and will never fight Lucic again.  How the heck does having Thorton address any of this. So Thorton fights Rosehill...does that make that big of a difference.  Lucic fighting him had the fans going a lot more.  Lord the Lucic nuts have been saying he hasnt been fighting enough. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Shupe, what I've written already addresses everything here.  I don't know what else to say...

If you like watching your top line, top scoring winger, fight a complete goon in a totally meaningless game, than just ignore this and don't worry about it.

If you're impressed because the fans got pumped up watching Lucic fighting then you and I are on totally different planes here...just ignore me.  I'll go back to the first post and remove your name.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Shawn Thornton is more useful to this team than Paille, Caron, Hamill, Arniel, whoever else you want to call up. We know he can play in the NHL and most of the time he'll make the simple, non-dangerous play while adding toughness and character to the group. You cannot trust any of the rookies or Paille to do that.

Also, his cap hit is 800k. Check out this list of players who make the same and tell me who you'd rather have.

- Ben Eager @ 960k
    - Scott Nichol @ 760k
    - Tanner Glass @ 650k
    - Raffi Torres @1M
    - Ian Laperrierre @1.6M
    - Jody Shelley @ 1.1M
    - Darrel Powe @750k
    - Blaire Betts @700k (I'd make this trade, but would jettison Paille first)
    - Dan Paille @ 1M (speak of the devil)
    - Krys Barch @ 826k
    - Brian Suttherby @ 810k
    - Adam Burrish @ 1.1M
    - Patrick Kaletta @910k (this makes me sick)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Shupe and Nas should never complain about trolls. They took this thread over like a bunch of trolls.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch buddy, relax.  I dont want Lucic fighting him either but Lucic searched for him and fought him.  he didnt fight George Laraque a few yrs back and many on here wanted him to.  I didnt.  You were ok with him fighting Komisarek I bet though?  What about Vandameer. 

Milan Lucic is a power fwd who earned his room and can drop the mits when needed.  Do I want him doing it all the time?  No I don't.  But when he does I am not gonna question his every move.  What if Lucic fights him with Thorton in the lineup? 

dc-bruin

you didnt put torres on that list to get me going did you.  Torres has more hits than any bruin, plays on the 3rd line for the best team in the league.  I would take him over anyone on our 3rd-4th line.  Nichol/Betts/Powe are all excellent PK guys and are the main guys on their team in that respect.  Lappy hasnt played all year.   After that I may take Thorton,  but the rest of those guys are fringe NHLers at best. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

callo- I thought the Tim brent thing was funny.  And the last time I checked my name was in the main portion of the blog.  Was I not supposed to respond?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]dc-bruin you didnt put torres on that list to get me going did you.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

That was a huge motivating factor :)