Soderberg is on the way as per Linkoping GM..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Re: Soderberg is on the way as per Linkoping GM..

"....BTW who knows Soderberg might still be able to go play in the WC after the Bruins." - 'B'sLegion'

That's if the Bruins lose in the 1st Round, you mean?

That's the only way he plays in the WC. That said, I think the Swedish IHA approves the transfer, mostly for PR reasons. It is not in their best interests to be perceived to be blocking a young countryman from pursuing his dream (albeit a sorta latent one) of playing in the best League in the world.

Soderberg's a Bruin and my hunch is, that he's - at best - The B's missing Ryder, their missing Pouliot. At worst? A very good - and very timely - depth addition. If we're wondering what he's about, what his impact might be, imagine what Peverley, Caron, Thornton - all the bottom 6 guys on the B's are thinking? 'Is this guy gonna bump me?' 

Soderberg's already paying motivational and psychic dividends and he's not even here yet. Some things are worth the wait.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Kurt Luedeke tweeted the term "Soderboner" earlier, and I'm thinking that may be an apt term around here.

Let hope the excitement lasts...

See, I'm torn here.  Mostly I want to say that this kills any interest I have in seeing the one-eyed dentist in action.  But there's a line something like : if the excitement lasts more than four hours, see your doctor...

Well the Bruins only need (cliche on it's way) "60 full minutes of effort" because "points are at a premium". So just have the Yeti bite the pill in half...maybe...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to CRJB1's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

if he is NHL ready, and the Bs get healthy and can trot out a lineup of 

Lucic Krejci Jagr

Marchand Bergeron Seguin

Soderberg Kelly Horton

Paille Campbell Peverley

look out. that is DEEP

Claude Julien won't play Peverley on the fourth line, just like he said Chris Bourque is not a fourth line player. 

claude julien played peverley on the fourth line in 2011. There just wasn't room in the top 9, and peverley has some grit, so that's where he went. Then Horton got hurt and he moved up to the top line. CJ has, and will play him on the fourth line if need be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now Daren Dreger also tweeting the contract details. Seems closer and closer.

Nice contract for someone that's never played in North America

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger11m

Bruins will pay Soderberg $600k this season (including signing bonus) and $1m per for next two seasons. #TSN

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Bruins will pay Soderberg $600k this season (including signing bonus) and $1m per for next two seasons. #TSN

It's not allot if Soderberg was making more in his home country.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

EL deal or not?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I've been looking for SEL information a lot in this time and a lot of those rinks are small, the smallest had like 5k, so I would think the salaries would look like AHL salaries because attendence is about the same.  I don't know.  Just a guess.  maybe since it's always 50 below zero everyone stays home and watches on tv.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I've been looking for SEL information a lot in this time and a lot of those rinks are small, the smallest had like 5k, so I would think the salaries would look like AHL salaries because attendence is about the same.  I don't know.  Just a guess.  maybe since it's always 50 below zero everyone stays home and watches on tv.

I'm not sure if the source is reliable but it makes sense....I've heard that they make decent $ in the SEL because the revenue is very good even if the rinks aren't all NHL type capacity. Look at the sponorships alone....their sweaters are tattooed with logos. If they were all embroidered on like in the old days the sweater would weight 20 lbs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Here's to hoping that 1 mil per year is the bargain of the century

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's why I'm wondering if it's EL, BadHab.  EL means that's the most they could have given him.  It also means that if he's a hoax - just Glen Metropolit in a fur suit - they can send him to the A because EL is a two-way deal.  Whether he goes to the A or they suspend him and he plays in the SEL is another question. 

More importantly, the 3 year deal means he's in the plan for next year.  That would mean, with Jagr and Horton gone, they have 11 forwards under contract, plus 6 D.  They'd have about $5.2M to pay two goalies and any spares even before they put Savard on LTIR.  For argument's sake - give Rask the full $5.2, sign another Aaron Johnson as the 7th D for $700K, and you still have about $3M for a back-up goalie, a veteran forward, and a guy on an EL contract who would try to fill that gap Horton will leave.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/10/toucher-rich-chiarelli-describes-soderbergs-game-provides-positive-update-on-bergeron/

"Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli joined Toucher & Rich on Wednesday, and while he said nothing is “firm or concrete” in adding the 27-year-old to the roster, he did describe the type of game he could bring to the Bruins.

“He’s just kind of taken off,” Chiarelli said of Soderberg. “He’s always been a high-profile prospect. He had a bit of a downturn in his career because of the injury and because of whatever happened in North America. But he’s a good player, big strong kid, shoots the puck, protects the puck, good two-way player. He’s played on the Swedish national team with [Gabriel[ Landeskog and [Patric] Hornqvist, had a strong line.

“Once he gets up and running, he’ll help us at some point, if we end up signing him.” Chiarelli said if Soderberg does join the Bruins, he will be eligible for the postseason, even if he does not get into any regular-season games."

Not officially official yet.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to CRJB1's comment:

Claude Julien won't play Peverley on the fourth line, just like he said Chris Bourque is not a fourth line player. 

You didn't watch the last game?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

WTC - Radulov jumped straight into the Preds lineup last season... Not unheard of but I do think it would be a bad idea to have such a big ? show up in the playoffs like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

"....BTW who knows Soderberg might still be able to go play in the WC after the Bruins." - 'B'sLegion'

That's if the Bruins lose in the 1st Round, you mean?

That's the only way he plays in the WC. That said, I think the Swedish IHA approves the transfer, mostly for PR reasons. It is not in their best interests to be perceived to be blocking a young countryman from pursuing his dream (albeit a sorta latent one) of playing in the best League in the world.

Soderberg's a Bruin and my hunch is, that he's - at best - The B's missing Ryder, their missing Pouliot. At worst? A very good - and very timely - depth addition. If we're wondering what he's about, what his impact might be, imagine what Peverley, Caron, Thornton - all the bottom 6 guys on the B's are thinking? 'Is this guy gonna bump me?' 

Soderberg's already paying motivational and psychic dividends and he's not even here yet. Some things are worth the wait.

I know I was kidding around to get a rise from some.  I hope they get past the 1st round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Just read this - he must play 1 regular season game at least in order to be eligible for the playoffs.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/4/10/4209314/carl-soderberg-contract-boston-bruins

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Just read this - he must play 1 regular season game at least in order to be eligible for the playoffs.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/4/10/4209314/carl-soderberg-contract-boston-bruins

PC said something different on Toucher & Rich this morning.  Said he did not have to play a regular season game to play in the playoffs.  Also, aluded to the fact that he had signed a contract with StL and had problems with that.  Said that there are special circumstances given that past contract and the new CBA that make this year's treatment unique.

Re-posting the link (audio halfway down the page):

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/10/toucher-rich-chiarelli-describes-soderbergs-game-provides-positive-update-on-bergeron/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

Can't see Bruin's sticking him into playoff game with out getting some regular season games.

Yah Carl will and I hope it sticks one of Juliens mucker-grinder-vets on the bench Tongue Out

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rivve. Show rivve's posts

Söderberg not included in Swedish National team for game against Germany..

Good hint this.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/tre-kronor/tva-skrallar-i-marts-nya-tre-kronor-trupp/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Ett namn som däremot saknas är Carl Söderberg. Elitseriens skyttekung vill avsluta säsongen med Boston Bruins i NHL - och under torsdagskvällen kommer förbundet att fatta beslut om han tillåts göra det eller inte."

Very telling. Thanks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rivve. Show rivve's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Ett namn som däremot saknas är Carl Söderberg. Elitseriens skyttekung vill avsluta säsongen med Boston Bruins i NHL - och under torsdagskvällen kommer förbundet att fatta beslut om han tillåts göra det eller inte."

One name missing from the national squad is Carl Söderberg. The Elite league top goalscorer want to finish the season in NHL instead. On thursday evening the Hockeyfederation in Sweden will make a decision about Carl.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

10 a.m. now in Boston - 4 p.m. in Sweden.

We should have an answer today.

The countdown starts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am just waiting for 200 posts on this new Soderberg thread.  Last heard he was aboard the Swedish warship Vasa.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Thanks 'rivve', great - and exotic! - intel.